* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19321 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Mine got delayed too. So much for playing this weekend.

I just went and bought it in store at Best Buy. I'll just return the other one when it shows up.

That'll teach Best Buy some kind of lesson. 

But it's all about Aura now, the new hot waifu.

Impossible. I'm going to get the FE Warriors season pass all because of Azura

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19322 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6348 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

I went in an exchanged my Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash CE for a different one in better condition at Best Buy today.  It was pretty awesome haha. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19323 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, I just re-checked my order and it says its delayed. Won't be here until the 25th....

I'm pretty disappointed, was really looking forward to playing it today.  :cry:

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19324 Defvayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Defvayne

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

I went in an exchanged my Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash CE for a different one in better condition at Best Buy today.  It was pretty awesome haha. 

You are fearless.  I can feel their judgmental eyes from here!  :D

#19325 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

All I ask for is Time Skip Kagura and Future Kagura

0eAom3b.gif

tumblr_ni7dxh8pCq1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

and Ginko

S5mKlwe.gif

Also for BlackRockWaifu, a new Date A Live anime season was announced so rejoice!

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#19326 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19786 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

Gamestop guy asked me what kind of game is Bad Apple Wars and I had to lie that it is a RPG.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19327 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

So much this.

And localized Vita physical.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19328 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8027 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

Gamestop guy asked me what kind of game is Bad Apple Wars and I had to lie that it is a RPG.

Just say it is a visual novel. What are you so embarrassed about? Hell if eroge was sold at BestBuy I would gladly buy all of it with my GCU discount. The store I pre-ordered it from had only I and one of the cashiers getting a copy. I play all types of VNs. I don't care what anyone thinks about me anymore. Heck one time I specifically asked the clerk at Best Buy where the heck Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash was and she had to go in the back and get it for me, but I'm glad I got it.

BTW that new Megumi Kato figure....ugg I want it so badly. Hopefully my job stuff improves and I pre-order it sometime during the pre-order period.

59e825e8c2aa0_2017-10-19-46746.jpg

#19329 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4187 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Fire Emblem Warriors devs on characters and handling of reveals, designs, story, systems, modes

PS4 Exclusive Full Metal Panic! Game Announced; First Trailer in English Released

Inazuma Eleven Ares Revealed For PS4, Switch, And Smartphones In Japan In Summer 2018

Root Double developer Regista to make Switch titles

#19330 Tothoro  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

"Code Geass" C.C. Becomes Glamorous G.E.M. Figure from Megahouse

They're really bleeding this new season for every penny they can get, but that figure does look fantastic.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#19331 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

Fire Emblem Warriors is giving me sass about being up late.

Nintendo pls

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19332 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10025 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:38 AM

BTW that new Megumi Kato figure....ugg I want it so badly. Hopefully my job stuff improves and I pre-order it sometime during the pre-order period.

59e825e8c2aa0_2017-10-19-46746.jpg

I need this

#19333 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Spoiler

I was considering the summer beach trio set with Kato, Eriri & Utaha but this looks nice too  :-

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19334 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

I can already see the inevitable Utaha figure and me preordering it despite hating this stupid ass series so much. 

#19335 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2511 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

0eAom3b.gif

and Ginko

S5mKlwe.gif

Also for BlackRockWaifu, a new Date A Live anime season was announced so rejoice!

I've gotta stop opening this thread during working hours....

#19336 nagpo  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Who thought it was a good idea to make a mech game some boring RTS. All the mech battles in the shows are fast paced action.. They even made the robots all chiby looking. i am disappointed.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#19337 Ibacai  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Who thought it was a good idea to make a mech game some boring RTS. All the mech battles in the shows are fast paced action.. They even made the robots all chiby looking. i am disappointed.

Mech games can absolutely work as strategy games, also looks turn based rather than real time. As for the art, I’m not a fan myself but to each their own.

#19338 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10025 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

I would've preferred Full Metal Panic to be an action game. But I can live with it.

#19339 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

Haha wow that english voice over.

Well someone didn't play SRW or the Front Mission games.

If you want an action game, your best chance is probably the Another Century Episode games. Or you can play an armored core or gundam game. Or more recently there's Project Nimbus which came out on steam recently and is getting a ps4 release.

I don't think the gameplay looks too bad. Looks kinda like sakura wars. God I wish the older sakura wars games would get released on steam.

#19340 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

Finally got my FE SE copy in, time to waste the weekend away!

Spoiler

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19341 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

0eAom3b.gif

and Ginko

S5mKlwe.gif

Is Gintama worth watching? It's 200 episodes. I don't tHink I can make that kind of commitment.

#19342 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Got my FE CE in today as well through Prime Shipping (took the risk and lost).

My CE came in a bubble mailer through Usps. Ofcourse, it came dented and shreded at the corners and sides of the box.

Immediately contacted Amazon and their sending a replacement CE for free and i dont have to return the damaged one.

Didn't even have to fight for the replacement, CS rep offered it immediately after 5 minutes of chatting. 

Im assuming many others complained before me.  Hoping everyone in here gets theirs in good condition. 

Spoiler

Thankfully i have my Xenoblade 2 CE and all future preorders locked in at BB. 

VitafullxJAYx3.png

#19343 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10025 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Is Gintama worth watching? It's 200 episodes. I don't tHink I can make that kind of commitment.

Don't watch Gintama. 

Watch One Piece instead. 

Spoiler

#19344 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8027 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

I'll counter don't watch Shounen anime period. Way too many episodes dragging out an already dragged on story.

#19345 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5278 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

It looks like Tengai Makyou Zero, a Famicom game, just received an English fan translation. I won't link to it, but it should be easy enough to find. I believe the game is pretty high on the Top 100 Famicom games from a Famitsu poll, so it might be worth checking out.

#19346 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10025 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

I'll counter don't watch Shounen anime period. Way too many episodes dragging out an already dragged on story.

Unless it's Yu Yu Hakusho

#19347 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

it's worth it, first couple episodes were weird as lot stuff was just thrown  randomly at you but found out later it starts that way since it was first a manga that got popular enough for a anime, so it was a fan service thing for manga readers.

i stop watching around ep 158 not because i lost interests just too much of one thing tend burn me out. it still good in short burst of viewing, the nice thing is the shows 90% comedy and  very random.  most arcs are very short one episodes stand alone thu some can span 3-4   with a random mix of the show getting serious and also has sad episodes that are good too.

my favorite  is the movie really good mix of action an story. it a future were gintama disappeared years ago an no one knew why the world also slowly dying from a unknown illness with no way to stop it. also even thu gintama is their trying find out why this world broken no one see him as who he is, they see a old Japanese man.

your not suppose to watch the movie till around ep 200 i think when that when the movie first aired, as lot the side character it shows will have no meaning an the show loses some impact. 

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#19348 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Just watch popular anime but only refer to it by the Japanese name so nobody knows 

#19349 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

Got my FEW CE from BB in a box and undamaged =D

#19350 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

It's hard for me to recommend any series that is still on going and over 200+ episodes (as of the end of Season 5 it's at 328 episodes). I would suggest read the manga first since you can read it at your own pace and it would take up less time than watching a bunch of 23 minute episodes but if you do end up enjoying the manga and you feel it's worth it then give the anime a try. Also, if it's possible you should try to find some list of important arcs / episodes and only watch those so you can trim some of the fat. Like Jimmywolf said it's mainly a comedy series tho it does have a good amount of serious action arcs from time to time while still keeping true to the comedy the series is known for.

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif