* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#21361 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Getting $80 Season Pass in Japan, Lots of DLC Including Free Ones

SEGA Reveals House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn Coming to Japanese Arcades Very Soon

Level-5’s The Snack World: TreJarers Announced for Nintendo Switch

Square Enix To Share A New Trailer And Info On Secret of Mana’s Remake On A January 17 Live Stream

#21362 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5564 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Huzzah for more disgusting DLC pricing.

#21363 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Spoiler

#21364 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Kato best girl.

#21365 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

They must have sold enough of the $80 packs with Blue Reflection to make a second go at this model. Absolutely insane. I swear KT/Gust are just about the worst when it comes to DLC pricing models now rivaled by Arksys. Dead or Alive 5 got a pass from me on their structure but I always considered it the Train Simulator of fighting games. 

#21366 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40010 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

At least they aren't locking the content behind loot boxes

#21367 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

Anyone enjoying Dragonball Fighterz Beta?

I got a few matches in and it's not bad. Definitely not a Day 1 purchase for me, but I'll pick it up when the price drops. The visuals are impressive, and I do like that it captures the anime look. Not really digging the combat all that much though.

I'll take Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Raging Blast 2 over any of these newer DBZ games.

#21368 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

So when's the LWA game gonna be up for pre-order? I could have sworn the product page on Bandai Namco said Feb, but no stores have it up for preorder, not even Amazon or Best Buy.

#21369 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

So when's the LWA game gonna be up for pre-order? I could have sworn the product page on Bandai Namco said Feb, but no stores have it up for preorder, not even Amazon or Best Buy.

IIRC that game is digital-only in NA.

#21370 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1780 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:16 AM

Sad. Nights of Azure 2 and Atelier Firis had reasonable DLC that was affordable and offered worthwhile content.

#21371 Ibacai  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:25 AM

Anyone enjoying Dragonball Fighterz Beta?

I love it. This is the DBZ game that I’ve wanted for a while now. I’m not going to get into the price of dlc and what not, that is beating a dead horse on overpriced nonsense. But the actual gameplay is fantastic.

Oh, I love it and I’m straight trash. Seriously, raging dumpster fire. But it’s a blast even when I’m losing. So that’s saying something for me.

Dissidia on the other hand. Yeah....no thanks....😑

#21372 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition Announcement Trailer

Spoiler

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis is coming to Switch

#21373 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

Going to wait and see if they confirm a Season Pass 2 before I commit.

#21374 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11525 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

Will buy if they have the decency to put DLC on disk

#21375 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition Announcement Trailer

Is anyone even still playing this? Every time I see something new about it, I'm reminded about how disappointing and awful the game was. Still baffled by all the high review scores it got when it came out. At least PC players can now experience this garbage in 4K.

#21376 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Gets March Release Date

Spoiler

Versus-Style Shoot ‘Em Up ‘Acceleration of Suguri 2’ Gets Steam Release Date

Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro Rathalos Edition Coming to France as Micromania Exclusive

Monster Hunter World’s Spectacular PS4 Gameplay Shows Rotten Vale and its Monsters

Spoiler

Code Vein Confirms Weapons And Armor Upgrades

Dynasty Warriors 9 Shows Plenty of Action in New Batch of Character Trailers

Manga-Making Game Manga Kakeru Releases This Month In Japan On PS4 And PS Vita

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Trailer Shows Off Its Main Girls, Action, And Transformations

Spoiler

Girls UND Panzer Gets New Trailer Showing the Tanks of Chi-Ha-Tan Academy

#21377 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6979 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:22 AM

Final Fantasy XV is a strong reminder of why DLC sucks.

#21378 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

New Gundam Breaker Announced for PS4; Releasing in 2018

Spoiler

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis Announced For Nintendo Switch, Releases April 26 In Japan

Final Fantasy XV Getting New Update Next Week; Will Let You Spar Against Aranea

Dynasty Warriors 9’s New Trailer Shows its Vast Open World and Many Features

Spoiler

#21379 Ibacai  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

*Raises hand* - I for one thought the base game for FFXV was fantastic and I was planning on hitting the episodes during the summer lull. Is the DLC bad? I’ve only heard good things about the quality of it.

#21380 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4526 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

I've been waiting for the PC version, so the goofy assed release schedule hasn't bothered me for XV yet. They show no signs of slowing down, though. They're redoing sections of the game, adding new game mechanics, extra content throughout, at the end, etc. Like, who wants to play a freaking JRPG like that? If I had to sit down and list what I think is the worst possible way to experience a JRPG, everything about what they've done with XV would have to be it. I'll jump on it when they actually stop. 

On the flip side, Dragon Quest XI, a complete game, looks beyond fantastic, and I want to play that straight away. It's funny to see the division between the DQ and FF teams over at ol' SE.

#21381 cloudmd23   Tojo Clan Member CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Will buy if they have the decency to put DLC on disk

It's just the core game on the disk, you have to redeem a voucher for all of the DLC.

#21382 cloudmd23   Tojo Clan Member CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

*Raises hand* - I for one thought the base game for FFXV was fantastic and I was planning on hitting the episodes during the summer lull. Is the DLC bad? I’ve only heard good things about the quality of it.

They get progressively better as you go. Gladio's was fine. Prompto's was better. Ignis was pretty damn good. I didn't get into the multiplayer content much. I thought it was too grindy relative to the content and if I am going to play a multiplayer FF, playing FFXIV is the better option (yes the MMO feels less grindy by comparison).

#21383 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro Coming to North America Alongside Glacier White Model

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Getting New Waifu Named Luna

#21384 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11525 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

It's just the core game on the disk, you have to redeem a voucher for all of the DLC.

Ah, hamburgers.

#21385 Ibacai  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

They get progressively better as you go. Gladio's was fine. Prompto's was better. Ignis was pretty damn good. I didn't get into the multiplayer content much. I thought it was too grindy relative to the content and if I am going to play a multiplayer FF, playing FFXIV is the better option (yes the MMO feels less grindy by comparison).

I understand, I doubt I’d spend much time with comerades. I have MHW coming for my grind. Good to know about the episodes, thanks.

I've been waiting for the PC version, so the goofy assed release schedule hasn't bothered me for XV yet. They show no signs of slowing down, though. They're redoing sections of the game, adding new game mechanics, extra content throughout, at the end, etc. Like, who wants to play a freaking JRPG like that? If I had to sit down and list what I think is the worst possible way to experience a JRPG, everything about what they've done with XV would have to be it. I'll jump on it when they actually stop.

On the flip side, Dragon Quest XI, a complete game, looks beyond fantastic, and I want to play that straight away. It's funny to see the division between the DQ and FF teams over at ol' SE.

Huh, I definitely can see why someone could truly hate this design choice. I guess I see the initial release as a full and fun game, improvements and additions are just bonuses for me. But I really can understand where you’re coming from and we both agree on DQXI looking fantastic. 👍

#21386 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

I am very seriously considering selling my current PS4 Pro, which is in perfect shape with no issues, to get the Monster Hunter Pro. What's wrong with me? But it's pretty!

#21387 Ibacai  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

I am very seriously considering selling my current PS4 Pro, which is in perfect shape with no issues, to get the Monster Hunter Pro. What's wrong with me? But it's pretty!

I want that controller real bad...

#21388 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4526 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Right there with ya. I have the two MH 3DS XLs, so I think I actually 'have' to get this, too, right? Haha

#21389 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Right there with ya. I have the two MH 3DS XLs, so I think I actually 'have' to get this, too, right? Haha

Totally! The only downside is the XL's are blue and the PS4 is black / red :P

#21390 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5564 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Free weekly PSN junk:

Layers of Fear

PS4

- The Gallery Theme

Innerspace

PS4

- The Art of Flight Theme

There weren't any thread related things, so I went ahead and listed those two for the hell of it. No specialized sales this week either it looks like. The Monster Hunter Beta will become available to preload tomorrow, the 17th. The beta lasts from the 18th (9PM EST / 6PM PST) to the 21st (9PM EST / 6PM PST) and includes a new, fourth hunt that has a higher difficulty than the rest. If you still have the previous beta downloaded, you do not need to re-download the client.