* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#21511 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Eyyyy

#21512 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

I got 0 emails, with 0 information about my Playstation usage.

Same here. Checked the junk/spam folder too, nothing.

#21513 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4666 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Persona 4: Dancing All Night for PS4 first gameplay video

Spoiler

Persona 5 the Animation Gets Two New Key Visuals, Ann And Morgana

Meet Valkyria Chronicles 4’s Squad E Tank Driver And APC Driver

Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 4.2 Launches January 30; New Trailer With A Familiar Face From FFVI

Dragon Ball FighterZ Apparently Has Loot Boxes

Final Fantasy Exhibition Shows Grown-up Tidus and Yuna, FFXV Art, Haurchefant Memorial, and More

#21514 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7001 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

when you're sitting around with your boys playing P4DAN

#21515 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Those times when you only select Rise, Yukiko, and Margaret for P4DAN

#21516 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Dragon Ball FighterZ Apparently Has Loot Boxes

Damn it all....  If it's any type of real cash microtransaction loot box bullshit this has gone from a must have day 1 buy from me to I'm never going to touch it as I hard line stance against any pay loot box mechanic cosmetic or otherwise.

Even if they are the non pay type, this is going to make me think twice about picking up this game anytime soon as I'm getting sick and tired of the industry trying to push these damn things as the norm.

#21517 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

It looks like avatar only. Im okay with that. Unless you guys want your avatar to look cool.

#21518 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

It looks like avatar only. Im okay with that. Unless you guys want your avatar to look cool.

Even if it's just avatar stuff, if it's pay for I won't buy the game on principle.

Looking around a bit more it's looking like they're the non-microtrasnaction type, no real money involved.  However it still looking awfully shady that they might have plans to implement pay for post launch down the line as if they're not why are they bothering having two different form of in game currencies for them.

Regardless my enthusiasm for this game has been taking down a notch or two.

#21519 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Amazon has started some manner of February anime-themed sale, including games and manga. Hopefully, this will translate into some decent deals. At the moment, the only real bargain is the Gundam Vs. Deal. It's coming in around $25 at the moment, which is a very good deal. I feel a little silly having pre-ordered the game. (and still haven't played it properly) The holiday season was very busy. But the game has had a solid critical response, and is reported to be especially appealing for long-term Gundam fans. At $25 it is probably worth consideration.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing much in the way of deals.

#21520 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

I tried the DBFz beta it was a lot of fun even though I lost to all 5-10 people I played against lol

I think I miiight have won once during a rematch, at least

I also tried out the Dissidia beta and enjoyed it as well. Am I right in hearing people don't like it though? If so maybe I should try the originals on PSP which were well received. I've been playing FFV so it's cool to see the protagonist, Bartz, as a playable character

#21521 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

I tried the DBFz beta it was a lot of fun even though I lost to all 5-10 people I played against lol

I think I miiight have won once during a rematch, at least

I also tried out the Dissidia beta and enjoyed it as well. Am I right in hearing people don't like it though? If so maybe I should try the originals on PSP which were well received. I've been playing FFV so it's cool to see the protagonist, Bartz, as a playable character

I'm a big fan of the original Dissidia, don't care at all for the new one.

#21522 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Maybe this isn't new, but I noticed the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition is in stock on BestBuy.com

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6111329

#21523 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

when you're sitting around with your boys playing P4DAN

lol. No swimsuits are involved, but his favorite tracks do involve Kanami and Chie. Lol

#21524 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Even if it's just avatar stuff, if it's pay for I won't buy the game on principle.

Looking around a bit more it's looking like they're the non-microtrasnaction type, no real money involved. However it still looking awfully shady that they might have plans to implement pay for post launch down the line as if they're not why are they bothering having two different form of in game currencies for them.

Relax, all the loot box stuff is cosmetics. Most are for the in-game lobby system.
Also, the loot boxes use in-game currency, not real money. Even the "premium-z coins" are in-game.

#21525 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7001 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Looking around a bit more it's looking like they're the non-microtrasnaction type, no real money involved.  However it still looking awfully shady that they might have plans to implement pay for post launch down the line as if they're not why are they bothering having two different form of in game currencies for them.

Yep.   The small stuff like loot boxes for simple lobby avatars is just the first step. 

#21526 Ponoko Senpai  

Ponoko Senpai

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Damn it all....  If it's any type of real cash microtransaction loot box bullshit this has gone from a must have day 1 buy from me to I'm never going to touch it as I hard line stance against any pay loot box mechanic cosmetic or otherwise.

Even if they are the non pay type, this is going to make me think twice about picking up this game anytime soon as I'm getting sick and tired of the industry trying to push these damn things as the norm.

it's probably similar to guilty gear xrd fishing for cosmetic for lobby avatar and character's colors. it gives you something extra to do in hope of getting something.

#21527 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

My enthusiasm was already down due to the character season pass and knowing there will be an extended release with everything down the line. 

I honestly rather wait to see what these Loot Boxes are. Are they free? Do you unlock them with accomplishments? All someone said was "I got it from a Lootbox"

#21528 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1606 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Is anyone buying The Lost Sphere physical release from Square Enix?

I want the game but do not like spending $50 on a digital game.

Just wish Amazon or Gamestop had it as I do not like going through them.

#21529 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

Is anyone buying The Lost Sphere physical release from Square Enix?

I want the game but do not like spending $50 on a digital game.

Just wish Amazon or Gamestop had it as I do not like going through them.

Yeah, I've got a Switch and PS4 copy coming. I don't take chances on releases like this. It's very possible that they'll have stock for half price next BF, but I'm okay with spending more for the piece of mind that I'm not gambling with missing it.

#21530 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6283 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, I've got a Switch and PS4 copy coming. I don't take chances on releases like this. It's very possible that they'll have stock for half price next BF, but I'm okay with spending more for the piece of mind that I'm not gambling with missing it.

Great advice actually, as I was planning to do the same, and I'm years away from even getting an NS. As stated, it could be on clearance in 6 months, or gone in 6 weeks, just no way to tell. We can't all get a deal on every purchase, but buying this now is a good calculated risk.

#21531 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

I played I Am Setsuna on PC and will be getting Lost Sphere on it as well, but i'm likely in the outlier for that. I want that PS4 Secret of Mana though for the local multiplayer I believe.

#21532 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Amazon UK has it

#21533 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Got my copy of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory (PS4) today, and been poking around to see if I could find the original Cyber Sleuth on there like Japan got. It doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be? I never found any official confirmation one way or the other.

#21534 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

Got my copy of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory (PS4) today, and been poking around to see if I could find the original Cyber Sleuth on there like Japan got. It doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be? I never found any official confirmation one way or the other.

are you asking if Cyber Sleuth is included with Hacker's Memory? Or all the stuff that was in Cyber Sleuth can be found in Hacker's Memory (Digimon, many of the maps/areas)

http://www.siliconer...res-side-story/

#21535 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

are you asking if Cyber Sleuth is included with Hacker's Memory? Or all the stuff that was in Cyber Sleuth can be found in Hacker's Memory (Digimon, many of the maps/areas)

The former.

#21536 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

I actually just read people mentioing Japan got the original game too with this new one.  Pretty neat, but people were making it sound like that was exclusive to the JP version.  I'm not sure, because I didn't see many people talking about it, and it was the first I had heard about it.  I also just found out apparently you can't play as a girl in this one :cry:

I loved the first one, so it was a day one buy for me regardless.  I'm hoping Best Buy comes through with the DLC.  They never had it listed on their site, but the support forums + namco's site both said BB was getting it =\

#21537 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4666 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Ys VIII’s PC Port Delayed Due to Technical Issues; PS4 and PS Vita Relocalization Still Coming

Sega’s Mysterious New Game Revealed: It’s an Arcade Titled Sensen Senki

Castlevania animated series returns to Netflix this summer

#21538 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Hahahah. Ys VIII for PC has been indefinitely delayed again. Wow. Did they not test the PC version until after they gave a release date after the previous indefinite delay? Seriously.

EDIT: Damn, Supplice beat me by a couple minutes.

#21539 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:03 AM

Disgaea remaster!

#21540 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

Here are some neat Gifs of Granblue Fantasy.

HarmlessMarriedIchidna.gif

SeriousAccomplishedBull.gif