* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#22351 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

PS4

- Sistermon Ciel and Blanc

Vita

- Sistermon Ciel and Blanc

??? Wasn't this dlc out already? It's part of the launch bundle right?

#22352 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

??? Wasn't this dlc out already? It's part of the launch bundle right?

Released Feb 16, 2018

I did not 'own' it either, nor do I remember this particular one. But the date is the reason why I added it. I usually sort by last 7 days and free. It might have been part of a digital purchase campaign for a limited time and now finally released to everybody?

#22353 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Friday the 13th dynamic theme.

#22354 VagrantFate  

VagrantFate

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

I guess I haven't been keeping up but just realized Little Witch Academia is digital only. Why does the Seven Deadly Sins game and the Black Clover one get a physical release in the west but not this one? LWA is the only one that I thought had interesting gameplay/combat.

#22355 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

I'm one of the suckers who buy the $3 dynamic themes (with the 20% coupons at least...) I have all the Senran Kagura ones which I switch between from time to time, and yeah, they are awesome (but not $3 awesome...) 

Best themes I've used so far are the Horizon Zero Dawn (CE theme), Bloodborne (CE Guide), and The Witcher 3 (Free.) 

Right now I'm using the Persona 5 Haru one (which I also paid for the the P5 ones like a fool.)

#22356 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5752 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

The Bloodborne CE guide theme is one of the best. The dark background and the Hunters Dream playing is just a perfect fit.

#22357 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

Wow thanks for the heads up on the Secret of Mana theme.

https://store.playst...S4THEMENA000001

#22358 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4256 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

Friday the 13th dynamic theme.

I must have missed that one :(

I have been using the one orange lines theme rez I think?  either that or bit trip after the christmas one. Prior to that it was the ff12 theme and the rwby theme.  Love the rwby theme.  My mother and niece thinks it is a fish tank though xD

#22359 elessar123  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

I don't think I've switched out of the Bloodborne one since that game came out. Everything else is too bright and flashing, I prefer the bland gray background and somber music, lol.

That and the Witcher ones are great, both in looks and usability.

Nier: Automata and Horizon: Zero Dawn ones are also good, but not as good.

#22360 Tony Da Tiger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Tony Da Tiger

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

Posted this in the cheap 3DS games thread but in case some here don't see it Walmart dropped Fire Emblem Echoes down to $17. 

https://www.walmart....744649/55488690

Zelda Tri-Force also went down to $8 

https://www.walmart....743345/45736671

#22361 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:27 AM

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch Shows Sheik, Tingle, and More in New Trailer

Spoiler

Girls Und Panzer Gets New Trailer Showcasing the University Selection and its Tanks

Spoiler

Sonic the Hedgehog Dashes into Movie Theaters in 2019

Death End Re;Quest Gets New Gameplay Video Showing Glitch Style and More

Spoiler

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Looks Gorgeous in First 15 Minutes of Gameplay

Spoiler

#22362 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

my favorite Free themes have been the Touhou Wanderer theme, Rez singularity theme, ps1 anniv theme, & the ps donut theme.

i bought the Blood Dragon theme and probably will get the ps2 theme.

#22363 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

I just use the KH1 theme you get from beating the game in the HD collection, it replaces the sound effects on the xmb (or whatever it's called on PS4) with the KH menu sound effects which makes me happy  :D/  

Actually like the 358/2 theme the most visually but it's a bright yellowish color and it burns my eyes so I can't use it. The KH1 theme on the other hand is mostly black.

#22364 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

I don't think I've switched out of the Bloodborne one since that game came out. Everything else is too bright and flashing, I prefer the bland gray background and somber music, lol.

Pretty much the same reason I put the Until Dawn one on my PS4 when I first got it and have never removed it.  Anything else just doesn't feel right.  I just got my brother a PS4 this past Christmas and every time I see him boot it up to the stock theme I just cringe a little. :lol:

#22365 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

Harvest Moon: Light Of Hope Pre-Orders Include A Brown Cow

Hope this bonus isn't to hide a poor quality game, like DW9...
Been wanting a good harvest moon for a while (didn't play stardew valley for some reason).

#22366 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

The themes I use come from LE/CEs or digital pre-orders: Kiwami 1 & 2, Yakuza 6, Dragon's Crown Pro, Nioh, Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation, Blue Reflection artbook & LE themes, Atelier, FFXV, FFVII, Bloodborne, SAO, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nights of Azure 2 [JP], and a bunch more. 

I just pick whatever I fancy atm.

#22367 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

I bought the Megadimension Neptunia themes the moment they were sold and tend to swap them around. I mainly use Noire's since it's the most fitting with Neptune's 2nd most used while Blanc's from time to time and Vert's once in a blue moon. While I have so many other themes I never feel I can keep them around longer than a minute.

#22368 slainviper  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

God Wars: The Complete Legend Announced for Nintendo Switch; Includes DLC Expansion

Hm-- only an LE is listed on the NIS store. Any indication that there will be a non-LE release?

I'm also interested in information on this as well if anyone has any.

#22369 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Fate/Extella Link Gets New Character Trailers For Jeanne d’Arc, Gilgamesh, And Gawain

Spoiler

Gal Gun 2 Shows Off Its First-Print Bonus Costumes And Its Limited Edition Version

The Idolmaster: Shiny Colors Introduces Its Trio Idol Unit “Alstroemeria”

Dragon Ball FighterZ Broly and Bardock Join as DLC

Spoiler

Dragon Ball Super and Xenoverse 2: First Look at Goku’s Complete Ultra Instinct Form

Atelier Lydie & Suelle details, screenshots, trailer – Ambition Journal, synthesis gameplay, more

Spoiler

Shining Resonance Refrain Headed Westward For PS4, Xbox One, Switch, And PC In Summer 2018

Spoiler

#22370 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

Shining Resonance Refrain Headed Westward For PlayStation 4 In Summer 2018

Glad to finally see the official announcement. Enjoyed what little bit I played of the Japanese version, so I look forward to finally playing this in English.

#22371 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4191 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

This looks like your typical pandering-type of junk jrpg, but... so does Xenoblade 2.

I guess I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until reviews pop up :P. This was the one that was getting favorable impressions for a while, right?

#22372 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

This looks like your typical pandering-type of junk jrpg, but... so does Xenoblade 2.

Yeah, all games with Tony Taka art look like that. It's pretty much his trademark and I don't think he's capable of drawing something relatively normal.

#22373 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

I mostly use the Futaba theme from P5 atm.  But I also loved the Touhou Genso theme, the Atelier themes, and the FFX theme off the top of my head.  I wish the DQ theme that was on the JP psn had music. 

I'm kind of a sucker for buying themes too.  I've bought a bunch... Disgaea, the legacy PS2 one, Neptunia ones, some P5 ones that weren't free, AoT (which seemed really awesome at first, but the intense music got old fast lol), and a bunch of others. 

The PS2 one is awesome.  It has the iconic PS2 turning on sound, and  I really loved the techie side of how they pulled off the whole thing with the limitations of the theme software.  I won't bore you guys with the details, but they have a really awesome in depth video going over it all.  Naughty Dog even got involved to help pull it off. 

#22374 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

I've been wanting to play a Shining game since the PS2 days. I hope this is a good one. The Tony Taka art is OK for the most part, though he seems to reuse or use similar faces a lot. The good thing is if you collect a Tony Taka type figure, you likely don't need another haha. I got the Max Factory Luka with his art style. Enough for me. Thanks Sega for finally bringing this series here along with the Yakuza titles. Good times we are in right now.

On the subject of themes I sometimes play around and change around the free ones that become available on PSN. I currently use the PS2 legacy theme on my PS4. I have a tried a few, but sometimes the theme being too bright or loud gets to me. Simplicity is beautiful usually for me.

#22375 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Hokuto ga Gotoku demo launches February 22 in Japan

Spoiler

Ys Origin coming to Xbox One this spring

Rumor: New speculation about Smash Bros. releasing on Switch this year with new content and reworked Wii U / 3DS content

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo coming to Switch

#22376 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

-_-

I'm sorry, but....all of the transformations in Super are stupid.

#22377 Work'in de Signs  

Work'in de Signs

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Resonance of Fate Remastered for PS4/XBOX ONE please SEGA!! or at least a steam port.

#22378 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Shining Resonance Refrain Headed Westward For PlayStation 4 In Summer 2018
https://www.youtube....h?v=zaHMb9qaYLg

I’m really glad this is finally getting localized. I’ve been wanting to play this game since it came out on the PS3. I’m really hoping they do a physical release too.

Now if we could just get Sega to localize Phantasy Star Online 2.

#22379 elessar123  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Hope this bonus isn't to hide a poor quality game, like DW9...
Been wanting a good harvest moon for a while (didn't play stardew valley for some reason).

You know there's been 2 Story of Seasons released, right? They're the real Harvest Moons, not the in-name-only one this one is.

#22380 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

As an Xbox One owner, I'm beyond ecstatic to see Xbox support! Never thought I'd see the day where I would see a Falcom game on Xbox, lol. 

Both will be Day 1 purchases for me.