* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23461 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:38 AM

:switch: Sonic Forces $23.99 via Eshop

:3ds: Stella Glow $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds: The Legend of Legacy $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD $19.99 via Eshop

:3ds: Hatsune Miku Project Diva DX $19.99 via Eshop

:3ds: Sega 3D Classics Collection $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds: Pokemon Ultra Moon - Ultra Sun $29.99 via Walmart

7th Dragon is really good

Just saying for anyone curious.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#23462 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:27 AM

I thought stella glow was ok, the plot twist is pretty dumb tho.

#23463 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:04 AM

Banner Of The Maid Is Heading To The Switch, PlayStation 4 And PC

Spoiler

Brave Neptunia Releases September 27 In Japan For PS4, Gets Some Character And Story Details

Brave Neptunia By Artisan Studio Gets A First Look Showing Neptune And An In-Game Shot

Final Fantasy VII Remake VFX Director On Guiding A Young Team Beyond A Simple Remake

Sony Announces New XMount Accessory for PS4 Remote Play on Smartphones

Persona 3 & Persona 5 Dancing Get A First Look At DLC Characters Sho Minazuki & Labrys

Konami Delists New Little King’s Story And Its DLC

Gal Gunvolt Burst Gets Call, Joule And Tenzou, While Mighty Gunvolt Burst Gets Tenzou

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Update T-elos Re: From Xenosaga And Poppi Buster On April 27

SaGa: Scarlet Graces Adds New Characters On PS4, Switch, And PC, Releases August 2 In Japan

Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection Has 4-Player Co-Op And Missions

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R Announced For Nintendo Switch

Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol. 03 & 04 Set To Release In Japan On August 2 For PS Vita

Zanki Zero launches July 5 in Japan

God Eater 3 Reveals Another New God Arc Weapon The “Heavy Moon”

Experience’s New Horror Visual Novel NG Announced For PS Vita, Releases August 9 In Japan

Etrian Odyssey X Teases Its DLC Gunner Along With A Look At A Cute Hero Class Girl

#23464 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

On one hand I would like remote play on all Androids or to get a Xperia but, in the other hand my battery and work progress will suffer greatly

#23465 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3895 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:30 AM

Care to elaborate?

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#23466 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Even at that price I wouldn't rec stella glow.  Terrible srpg.  And needing ng+ and a guide just to get the normal ending is stupid as hell.

Man, tough crowd. At $15, I'd definitely recommend Stella Glow, as it's a pretty decent game. Nothing ground-breaking, but I would say it does all of the things pretty well that a decent SRPG should do.

#23467 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Shining Resonance Refrain Gets Release Date and New Trailer Showing Heroes and Waifus

Spoiler

PS4 System Software Update 5.53-01 Released

Monokuma From Danganronpa Series Will Appear In Upcoming Survival RPG Zanki Zero

#23468 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11224 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

There is also a free demo for Stella Glow in the eshop if you wanted to try it out before buying.

#23469 nagpo  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

As a fan of Rose of Versailles I might actually check this out

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!

#23470 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36503 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

July 10th?! That's much sooner than expected and not a bad time to release it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Owlboy  :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: AC: Brotherhood (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#23471 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

Glad to see Shining Resonance come out in about two months.

As a fan of Rose of Versailles I might actually check this out

They are a Chinese company and I haven't seen them release in English before to my knowledge, so I would be wary of the translation until proven. My experience with Chinese companies translating to English is... less than satisfactory. I'm on the fence with the title translation. It's very 'direct' and probably should have been 'Maiden' instead gong by the french title in the logo. Though someone actually versed in French would know better than I would.

#23472 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Care to elaborate?

It's good.

#23473 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

On one hand I would like remote play on all Androids or to get a Xperia but, in the other hand my battery and work progress will suffer greatly

Didn't realize you still needed to root it to get remote play to work on all androids, lame.  I buy Sony phones.  The big reason I started to was roughly around the time the ps4 came out for the remote play feature.  I even got the phone clip thing.  I was so excited to do something like play my ps4 on a roof like in a commercial I saw. I never use remote play on my phone.  I think I did once, and it wasn't on a roof.  It was 3 feet away from my ps4.

MidoriMonkey.png

#23474 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

God of War

PS4

- SHAREfactory Theme

Golden Week Sale

Not seeing anything else and since I will be busy until this evening, I opted to post this now rather than an hour or two later. The Golden Week Sale should have plenty of thread related stuff once it populates. Probably shows up on console just fine, but like usual the web is slow to update.

#23475 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3895 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

It's good.

A game not worth describing doesn't sound like one worth playing.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#23476 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

The headliners on the Golden Week Sale are (PS+ Price)

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory: $35.99

Persona 5 PS3 $22.49

Persona 5 Ultimate PS3 (Game+DLC) $80.49

Persona 5 PS4 $26.99

Persona 5 Ultimate PS4 (Game+DLC) 87.49

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition (FFXV+Season Pass+More new stuff) $33.49

Gravity Rush (PS4) $8.99

#23477 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

A game not worth describing doesn't sound like one worth playing.

It's actually good.

Urgh, I wasted my 20% off PSN coupon last week and now they have the golden week sale. I didn't think it would start before 4/30 in time for the coupon.

#23478 elessar123  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:31 PM

Time and Eternity good, or good good?

Spoiler

#23479 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Time and Eternity good, or good good?

From what I've heard, it's actually good good. People I know have told me it's arguably the best DRPG outside of the Etrian Odyssey games.

#23480 elessar123  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

BTW, Sega Humble Bundle with PS3/Vita/PS4 games, including Valkyria Chronicles in the $15 tier.

Spoiler

#23481 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

Blue Reflection is still $20 at Gamestop and has an $80 DLC pass. The price on Atelier Sophie is okay. It's $29.99 used at Gamestop but $35 new at Amazon

#23482 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

From what I've heard, it's actually good good. People I know have told me it's arguably the best DRPG outside of the Etrian Odyssey games.

I felt like 7th Dragon was better than Etrian Odyssey. I couldn’t put the game down and ended up putting like 60 hours in it to do everything. The combat was fun, story was good, music was fantastic, and the classes were really cool. It had some really tough bosses in the game too.

#23483 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

I felt like 7th Dragon was better than Etrian Odyssey. I couldn’t put the game down and ended up putting like 60 hours in it to do everything. The combat was fun, story was good, music was fantastic, and the classes were really cool. It had some really tough bosses in the game too.

That's good to hear. I bought the game on a Black Friday sale from BB a couple years ago but haven't gotten to it yet. I've had a hard time getting into the EO games but I've really enjoyed Demon Gaze so far as far as DRPGs go.

#23484 elessar123  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

Demon Gaze is a bit more faster paced. EO is definitely more of a "you'll die and waste 30 minutes if you try to save 5 minutes"

Spoiler

#23485 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

That's good to hear. I bought the game on a Black Friday sale from BB a couple years ago but haven't gotten to it yet. I've had a hard time getting into the EO games but I've really enjoyed Demon Gaze so far as far as DRPGs go.

I’ve never played Demon Gaze, but I do feel the same way about EO. In my opinion, it’s a hard series to get into and it’s never really grabbed my full attention. I still have never finished an EO game, because I always lost interest.
Anyway, I feel like you’ll really enjoy 7th Dragon when you get around to playing it. 😁

#23486 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Loved demon gaze 1 and 2, so much easier to pick up and complete than EO, nice music too.

#23487 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4225 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Man, tough crowd. At $15, I'd definitely recommend Stella Glow, as it's a pretty decent game. Nothing ground-breaking, but I would say it does all of the things pretty well that a decent SRPG should do.

Large maps and 4 space movement for almost all characters (box ninja and popo are prettymuch the only ones with decent movement range)  and huge amounts of enemies with more turns than you make me disagree that it's even decent.  Also not a fan of the battle map units limitation.  I haven't played an srpg that only allows so few units on a map besides front mission 3 and arc the lad (though front mission also has fewer enemy units and arc the lad units are typically broken besides 2) and they don't use the turn order system like ateliers and such do.

There is also a free demo for Stella Glow in the eshop if you wanted to try it out before buying.

The demo is of the first couple battles in the game though which are on smaller maps and fewer enemies on top of them not having as frequent turns and isn't an adequate representation what the rest of the game is like besides maybe the last battle.  I was fooled by the demo as well and bought the game on sale.  

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#23488 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

I looked at Blue Reflection's dlc in the US PSN store, and I couldn't make out the Final Fantasy XV costumes in any of them. Are the Cindy and Aranea outfits not out yet?

#23489 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

I don't know if it came out of Japan or not. 

#23490 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Code Vein Gets New Trailer

Spoiler

Fate/Extella Link Astolfo and Scathach short gameplay videos

Spoiler

Arc System Works Plans To Release More Fighting Games On Nintendo Switch

Sonic Mania Plus Gets A July 19 Release Date In Japan; New Trailer Releases Later Today

SaGa: Scarlet Grace Shows Updated Version In A New Trailer; PS Vita Update Still Undecided

Spoiler

Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus Adds Cave, 5pb, RED, Falcom, And They’ll All Get To Jump Together

Sonic Mania Plus launches July 17 in the Americas and Europe

Spoiler

Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi coming to PS4 on August 23 in Japan