Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Sony's New PlayStation Chief Hints at Portable Gaming Revival

Sony Says PS4's DualShock 4 is the Best-Selling Gamepad of all Time

Nintendo Starts Offering Cheaper Stripped-Down Switch Bundles in Japan

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Introduces Us To Its Bosses

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Under Night In-Birth highlight trailer

Spoiler

Blade Strangers Lina trailer

#23942 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4325 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

20% off a PSN order code can be obtained by watching a video under the quest tab at https://live.playstation.com/ for those interested. The code will last until the end of the month, but you have until the 25th to acquire a code.

Thanks got one.  Not sure if I will use it though.

#23943 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

They should have given the Vita more support, it's quite the handheld.

#23944 elessar123  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Eh, not that excited, since the article I saw earlier made it sound like they're just going to release stuff for phones.

Maybe they'll launch a phone with a slide-out gamepad, with a suite of 6 certified Playstation games, promise to release Minecraft on it eventually, then quietly phase it out.

Oh wait, we still have an Xperia somewhere.

#23945 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

Eh, not that excited, since the article I saw earlier made it sound like they're just going to release stuff for phones.

Maybe they'll launch a phone with a slide-out gamepad, with a suite of 6 certified Playstation games, promise to release Minecraft on it eventually, then quietly phase it out.

Oh wait, we still have an Xperia somewhere.

#23946 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

hope they just focus ps 5 as a solid console  and not try copy past Nintendo again the wonder wand that was the move controller was lame.

#23947 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:36 PM

hope they just focus ps 5 as a solid console  and not try copy past Nintendo again the wonder wand that was the move controller was lame.

Well, the Move still exists. So there's not really any need for that. If there's anything they should "Copy" from Nintendo, its the idea of a minimalist handheld with stripped-down features and a focus on providing a portable-friendly experience. (with the option to connect to a TV) They should also copy the use of SD cards for memory expansion. One of the biggest long-term issues with the Vita was the cost of those bloody memory cards. If you want to make a platform digital-friendly in this day and age, you have to provide inexpensive storage. Proprietary memory cards are balls, and everyone knows it.

PlayStation 5 is the last thing Sony needs to worry about. Oh sure, they're going to want to be designing it behind the scenes. But the pressure is off as far as bringing that thing to market is concerned. They can ride the current PS4 for another three years, easy. This is the time for them to cash in on their success, and focus on software instead of shifting hardware units and expanding the user base. On the plus side, this will likely translate into some fairly solid entries going into the PS4's later years. Developers will eventually start clamoring for new hardware, and the hardcore fans always salivate over that sort of thing. But the general public is fine with the PS4 as-is.

A new Sony portable initiative could be great, and would allow them to push back against Nintendo a little bit. I just wonder if Sony has the stones to commit to such an initiative. I'm thinking a companion streaming device/controller that can be paired with the PS4 might be more likely than a fully dedicated portable system. I would personally love to see a Vita 2 (or whatever else they might decide to call it), but can't say whether or not Sony would be as interested. They are in a better position to try.

#23948 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6590 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

A new Sony portable initiative could be great, and would allow them to push back against Nintendo a little bit. I just wonder if Sony has the stones to commit to such an initiative?

Fuck NO!

#23949 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:28 AM

Yakuza 3 PS4 Remaster Gets First Trailer and Direct Feed Screenshots Showing Improved Graphics

Spoiler

Dark Souls: Remastered Receives an Action-Packed Launch Trailer Shortly Before Release

Spoiler

Super Neptunia RPG details Kukei, Mai, and Surara

Tekken 7 Getting Free DLC Later this Month to Celebrate its One Year Anniversary

SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy Gets New Trailer and Screenshots Showing Love Heart and More

Spoiler

#23950 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

Finished Persona 5 earlier today.. So figured I'd write my take on it:

Spoiler

#23951 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11324 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

Hifumi should've been playable like they originally planned.

Kawakami and Takemi were great.

#23952 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:57 AM

Oh and before anyone asks Kawakami best grill.

No one needed to ask because Makoto is definitive best grill tbh

#23953 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV details Special Support Section characters, Japanese limited edition

Spoiler

Tokyo Game Show 2018 Reveals Its Main Visual With An eSports Theme

Fate/Extella Link third Japanese TV spot

#23954 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

No one needed to ask because Makoto is definitive best grill tbh

Says the poster with a pic of Futa-bae in their sig...

Spoiler

That being said, their are nice things to be said about almost all of the waifus

Spoiler
. I'm in my second playthrough and now I have a greater appreciation of 'Fluffy Death Curls". Crazy can be hot.

#23955 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

No luv for Haru... Shame on ya'll...

#23956 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7344 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Hifumi should've been playable like they originally planned.

Kawakami and Takemi were great.

It's kinda weird how they don't include guys in the Persona games.

#23957 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Makoto and Haru were boring.  I didn't dislike them, but I don't get the love for them either.

I agree with Sadayo being the best, but I also really liked Ann, Tae and Ichiko.

#23958 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

No luv for Haru... Shame on ya'll...

I'm in my second playthrough and now I have a greater appreciation of 'Fluffy Death Curls". Crazy can be hot.

Her Mementos lines are great.

#23959 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Makoto and Haru were boring. 

I've listened to you go on and on - SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH YOU MONEY-GRUBBING *ASSHOLE*!

#23960 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up about that 20% off PSN code. I guess it's a good thing I held off on that Little Witch Academia, the 20% makes it a bit more appealing.

Also, seems like the P3D and P5D deluxe sets are out in Japan. I am really tempted to import them (at least Vita versions, so I can get the PS4 versions when they are localized to reduce the burn of double dipping.)

I really want the soundtracks that they come with...

Edit:

So I caved and ordered the PS Vita deluxe edition.....along with a Sakura nendoroid from Fire Emblem and the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack.... Wallet-kun, I'm sorry  :hot:  

#23961 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative for PS Vita launch June 8 in Europe, June 12 in North America

Bullet Girls Phantasia launches in Asia in English on August 9, limited edition announced

Spoiler

Trails of Cold Steel I To IV On PS4 Are Getting Chinese And Korean Localizations By Sony

Little Dragons Café Explains How To Collect Recipes And Ingredients For Your Shop

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Comments On A PlayStation Classic Edition Release

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Love Heart trailer

Spoiler

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Now Available on PC, PS4, Vita, 3DS, and Switch

Utawarerumono Zan details Haku, Kuon, Nekone, Ougi, Nosuri, and Ukon

#23962 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Haven't shared any of my recent additions to the collection but this one came out today & it's so damn cute:

Spoiler

#23963 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

O boi, vc4 special edition for 100 bucks. Haven't heard alot of good thing about the game at all, I shalt tread carefully.

#23964 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11324 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

Haru is great. Her English VA is also very adorable in person. So is Ann's.

Where is my Persona 3 Remaster ATLUS. ;_; You got all these new models

#23965 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

Better remake p4 again lmao

#23966 elessar123  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Where's my Nocturne remaster, Atlus?

#23967 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11324 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

Where's my Nocturne remaster, Atlus?

When the PS5 version of Persona 4 Ultra Remix Golden Edition comes out

#23968 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

Black Clover: Quartet Knights launches September 13 in Japan

Re:Zero -Life in Another World in VR- for PlayStation VR now available in Japan

Futaba’s Family Twins game in development

Capcom Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Retrospective Series Moves Onto Alpha

Blade Strangers – Master T trailer

Death Stranding is about 'global player collaboration', confirms Mads Mikkelsen

#23969 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

It's kinda weird how they don't include guys in the Persona games.

I'm sure there are threads like this where the opposite happens, and its just a bunch of fangirls talking about the favorite male versions of their waifus (hubbys?), with glasses-kun, Ryuji, Akechi, and Iwai leading the polls. Just ask Midori Monkey, she probably knows all about it. 

Her Mementos lines are great.

Lol, didn't know fluffy death curls alluded to Haru, since she's probably the most innocent. But yeah, her English VA is amazing, and those lines were entertaining when she gets mad, but like cutesy adorable mad.

Also, bad-talking Makoto and Haru... when Ann was just a typical dumb blonde...

#23970 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7344 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:05 AM

Also, bad-talking Makoto and Haru... when Ann was just a typical dumb blonde...

So this!  Ann was there as blonde western/American waifu fodder for the Japanese players. 

The girls in P5 were really awesome as a group though.  That's why P4 feels so tired and played out.   Those characters were lacking compared to both P3 and P5;  specifically the girls, when Rise and Naoto are the most attractive ones.  Kanji and those two were cool but the rest of the cast was pretty lackluster and often annoying.  The girls in P5 were top notch by comparison.  Makoto and Futaba rule and Haru was pretty cute too.  Ann wasn't bad either for a distant fourth.  Honestly I love Futaba's style and fashion.  Ryuji was also the best partner when compared to annoying Yosuke and Junpei.  They always set you up with that annoying hornball sidekick that the girls loathe, and start you from the very bottom of the social caste. 

I'm really hoping for a P3 remake.  Still think that one has two of the most attractive girls in the series. 

These are just my opinions.