* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#24511 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

too bad nisa pulled that stunt with such a sloppy release.

#24512 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

Code Vein Producer Yusuke Tomizawa Answers Questions About the Game

Athena Asamiya Is Becoming A Virtual Youtuber

Spoiler

#24513 elessar123  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

Re: Octopath Traveler

Pretty fun. Pretty much liked everything except:

1. Random battles, especially when mixed with...
2. the maps having a lot of hard-to-see paths that cause you to walk more than you'd like.

Combined, it was starting to annoy me.

Really really really reminds me a lot of Seiken Densetsu 3, which had 6 characters and 3 intertwined storylines.

Looking forward to the full game.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#24514 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

I'd only be excited for a Sonic movie if it were based on the '90s animated series (the darker SatAM one) with Jaleel White voicing him. 

#24515 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5565 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

2. the maps having a lot of hard-to-see paths that cause you to walk more than you'd like.

Yeah, the extreme Depth of Field effect is really annoying when you pair it with the games random encounter rate. The rate is a bit too high and will definitely get on my nerves. Especially with how many little short paths they have to random chests all over the damned place. They're easily the worst things about the game thus far.

#24516 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5565 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Huh, two weeks in a row without PS Blog doing their Weekly Drop posts. Oh and I guess it's Father's Day today. Anyways, I'm not seeing anything that really stands out to me. I'm also not going to be listing the clone-like low effort visual novels that I mentioned last week from here on out either.

Other stuff that released without warning last week or I overlooked it (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- A Light in the Dark (Visual Novel)

Weekly Releases (June 17th - June 23rd)

Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: PC release just has a 'June' release date, but listed it this week anyways.

Musynx
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, Switch
- Genre: Music / Rhythm

SteamWorld Dig 2
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch
- Genre: Metroidvania

The Lost Child
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, Switch
- Genre: RPG / First-Person Dungeon Crawler

New Gundam Breaker
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action
- Online: Yes?

Anima: Gate of Memories: Arcane Edition
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Contains both Gate of Memories & The Nameless stories.

Destiny's Princess: A War Story, A Love Story
- Genre: Visual Novel / Otome
- Comments: Previously released on PC.

Lost in Harmony
- Platform(s): Switch, PC
- Genre: Music / Rhythm / Runner

Pode
- Genre: Puzzle
- Online: Yes?
- Comments: Has co-op, but not sure if local, online or both.

Mario Tennis Aces
- Genre: Sports / Tennis
- Online: Yes.

Slime-san: Superslime Edition
- Platform(s): XB1
- Genre: Action Platformer / Speed
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Switch & PC.

Arcade Love / ゲーセンラブ。
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action / SHMUP / Arcade

HEROES TRIALS
- Genre: Action-Adventure / RPG?

Deep Dark L♂byrinth
- Genre: Visual Novel / Horror / Parody

Valerian Tales
- Genre: Visual Novel / Mystery
- Comments: Spanish dev?

Let's Split Up
- Genre: Visual Novel

Sudoku Original
- Genre: Puzzle

Past Releases
June 10th - June 16th
June 3rd - June 9th
May 28th - June 2nd
May 20th - May 26th
May 13th - May 19th

#24517 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Ys VIII hasn't received a price drop and is falling in and out of stock at various places. I finally caved and bought the CE from NISA.

Ys VIII is really annoying. It won't stop being $60.

Hmm ok...I think I'll just go ahead and order the standard switch edition of Ys VIII. Thanks for the input.

The Switch version launches on 6/26. No surprise that it hasn't had a price drop yet. Question is whether there's enough stock across PS4 and Switch to last enough for retailers to drop prices.

#24518 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

I would also add that I think they go a bit far with the old timey talk, reads a bit weird to me at times. Still day one for me though.

#24519 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience releases June 28th

I saw that get posted on twitter, which is perfect for me since I've been wanting to play it and apparently that's the whole package.

#24520 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

I saw that get posted on twitter, which is perfect for me since I've been wanting to play it and apparently that's the whole package.

I thought they already released a Definitive Experience for Metal Gear Solid V? Like is this just a price cut or a better definitive edition than the one already out?

#24521 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

New Tales Game for Home Consoles in Development

Fighting EX Layer PS4 Gameplay Shows More Street Fighter EX Characters In Action

Spoiler

Spoiler

#24522 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10988 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

Aww yiss. Nero is canonically Vergil's son

#24523 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

There's already a definitive edition with all the DLC out like the Quiet package, don't think any new DLC has been released since then so it's likely the same edition. Don't remember where I read this, but someone mentioned the significance of this listing isn't that it's a new version, rather that they slapped the Playstation Hits label on it, which the US doesn't have, but places like Europe does. Kinda like those red labeled Greatest Hits versions the PS3 got, which is essentially a reprint of the same version.

#24524 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2571 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

I thought they already released a Definitive Experience for Metal Gear Solid V? Like is this just a price cut or a better definitive edition than the one already out?

MGS V: The Definitiver Experience. Now even more definitive than ever before!

#24525 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

nice to have the dmc 5 confirmation. 

Tales of wise I guess no news is good news.  Most people already knew they wouldn't be announcing anything until at least next year since development is about 2-3 years between console gens and we are due for a new engine again after 4 games using xillias graphics engine, monster animations ect.  Whatever the new game is it will be the first ps4/switch/pc and such game developed for those in mind where as zesty and berseria were all developed for the ps3 first and in the formers case it didn't get a ps4 version until after it was localized.

It's a shame people got their hearts set on legendia r over nothing.  I do want a legendia r myself though.  And a sequel taking place in the mainland.  Hell they could throw another sequel for the ferines considering they live in the ocean and our blue is like 90% water.

#24526 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

Octopath Traveler Has No DLC Planned Because ‘It Is A Complete Game’

Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists: Atelier of a New Land first details, screenshots

Hideo Kojima On Death Stranding: “I Want To Make It Count”

Sony Releases Free Shadow of the Colossus Dynamic Theme for PS4 - JP

Black Clover: Quartet Knights PS4 Japanese closed beta set for July 15 to 17

#24527 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:42 AM

It goes without saying but thank you supplice for constantly posting news items.  You are a national treasure.

#24528 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:58 AM

Has anything been said in regards to 4K/HDR support for Tales of Vesperia on Xbox One X? Can't decide what platform I want to buy it on. If there's no 4K support I'd rather buy it on the Switch.

#24529 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:32 AM

A character named Nelke in Atelier Firis was translated as Nerke so don't get too comfy with that name. Then again they changed translation companies.

#24530 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3463 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

giphy.gif

#24531 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Kill la Kill: The Game Gets First 1080p Screenshots and Key Art from Arc System Works

E3 2018 Dead or Alive 6 Interview: Destructible Costumes, No Venus Vacation Characters, No Comeback Mechanics

FuRyu Announces Cry Star For PS4, An Action RPG By Kanon Scenario Writer

Tokyo Ghoul:re Call to Exist Announced As A Survival Action Game For PS4

Atelier Online Closed Beta Application Now Available, Starts July 2

Inazuma Eleven Ares’ Hands-On Demonstration Won’t Be At World Hobby Fair Summer 2018

Dragon Ball FighterZ For Switch Launches In Japan On September 27 With New Features

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC character Super Baby 2 announced

E3 2018 Interview: Resident Evil 2 Producers Yoshiaki Hirabayashi And Tsuyoshi Kanda

Warriors Orochi 4 Shows God Mode Sanada Yukimura & Zhao Yun, Split-Screen

It goes without saying but thank you supplice for constantly posting news items.  You are a national treasure.

Spoiler

#24532 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

I'd only be excited for a Sonic movie if it were based on the '90s animated series (the darker SatAM one) with Jaleel White voicing him. 

underrated sonic show. it was by the far the best sonic show to come out and i was saw it only got 26 episodes.

#24533 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

Warriors Orochi 4 Receives Western Release Date and More Gameplay Details

Spoiler

Warriors Orochi 4 Producer Discusses Lessons Learned from Dynasty Warriors 9 and Warriors All-Stars

One Piece: World Seeker Reveals Sakazuki, Kuzan, and Crocodile with New Screenshots

Steins;Gate Elite Launches September 20 In Japan With A Made-To-Order Limited Edition

Dragon Quest XI Producers Talk About Why Voice Acting Was Added

Kojima: I’m Not Trying To Legitimize Games with Death Stranding’s Famous Actors

Dynasty Warriors 9 Shows Off Hua Xiong’s Playable Debut In The Additional Scenario DLC

Spoiler

8-4 Is Not Localizing Fire Emblem: Three Houses

#24534 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Atelier Online Closed Beta Application Now Available, Starts July 2

Has there been any word if this will have a worldwide release (English version)?

#24535 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

I love Steins Gate but have mixed feelings on this one.  I really want to get it but don't feel like I will be missing much if I don't.  Although the bonus famicom 8-bit style does intrigue me.

#24536 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Whoa, was not expecting this. Hope it turns out good, Kill la Kill is one of my all time favorite anime.

#24537 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Those of us still with GCU, Muv Luv up for preorder at BBY, per Wario64

https://t.co/fK6pNCtWJD

#24538 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

Has there been any word if this will have a worldwide release (English version)?

It's being run by a separate company from Gust, so it's probably going to stay there like Atelier Quest Board and all the alarm clock apps.

#24539 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1782 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:41 PM

This looks great. Not sure about Noco doing all the art but it'll be interesting.

Oh noooo.... Pls no treehouse.

#24540 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:54 PM

Resident Evil 2 Remake Will Run At “4K”/30fps On PS4 PRO And Xbox One X, 60fps Also Available

New Armored Core Game Confirmed by From Software Once Again

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a Great Fit for Switch... With Some Compromises