* * * * - 27 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27931 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

I wish they would give it a fucking rest already, they will complain about everything and anything.

It's why they lose elections.

#27932 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4546 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

From what I understand its due to them changing erika to eric because time travel nonsense which devalues ericas entire situation.

Atlus should really just leave such things alone as they have proven they cannot handle it or stick to their guns as shown with kanji from p4 being gay if you want him to be.

#27933 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4281 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

In case anyone didn't notice the dedicated thread, NewEgg has a 50% off code for a few different games and accessories (mostly headsets, though there's a keyboard and fightstick, too). Most games are available for multiple platforms. Seems like the deal will be expiring in a few hours.

Thread-relevant games include:
Warriors Orochi 4 - $25
Dragon Ball FighterZ - $15
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - $20
Soulcalibur VI - $25
FFXV: Royal Edition - $15
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle - $20
FFXV: Normal Edition - $15

These prices are after the discount, and most of them have a minimum $3 shipping fee unless you have NewEgg Premier. NewEgg also collects sales tax in most states.

Discount code is EMCTVUY27. I've posted the link to the eligible products below in a code box, since hyperlinks to NewEgg break in CAG for some reason; just copy and paste.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&N=8000&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSWNELZLYTJF&bop=And&PageSize=96&order=BESTMATCH&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL021419&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL021419-_-EMC-021419-Index-_-50ACCs-_-L0D

Incidentally, can anyone recommend for or against Cross Tag Battle or Warriors Orochi 4?

#27934 Tothoro  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

Incidentally, can anyone recommend for or against Cross Tag Battle or Warriors Orochi 4?

There's been some drama about CrossTag Battle's DLC. I don't know the full details, but I believe that one of the DLC packs with some kind of story component became vaporware and is speculated to be re-released on a Definitive/Complete edition down the road. So I'd vote against that one, but I can't speak for Warriors Orochi.

#27935 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

There's been some drama about CrossTag Battle's DLC. I don't know the full details, but I believe that one of the DLC packs with some kind of story component became vaporware and is speculated to be re-released on a Definitive/Complete edition down the road. So I'd vote against that one, but I can't speak for Warriors Orochi.

So funny you mention that.  I've been waffling on getting CrossTag Battle the last two days from this sale, just like I have during the last four newegg video game sales, but I have the same reservations that you have.

But I want to play it so badly!

#27936 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11675 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

still waiting on ArcSys to announce the series they teased last year for Cross Tag

#27937 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:36 PM

In case anyone didn't notice the dedicated thread, NewEgg has a 50% off code for a few different games and accessories (mostly headsets, though there's a keyboard and fightstick, too). Most games are available for multiple platforms. Seems like the deal will be expiring in a few hours.

Thread-relevant games include:
Warriors Orochi 4 - $25
Dragon Ball FighterZ - $15
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - $20
Soulcalibur VI - $25
FFXV: Royal Edition - $15
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle - $20
FFXV: Normal Edition - $15

These prices are after the discount, and most of them have a minimum $3 shipping fee unless you have NewEgg Premier. NewEgg also collects sales tax in most states.

Discount code is EMCTVUY27. I've posted the link to the eligible products below in a code box, since hyperlinks to NewEgg break in CAG for some reason; just copy and paste.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&N=8000&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSWNELZLYTJF&bop=And&PageSize=96&order=BESTMATCH&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL021419&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL021419-_-EMC-021419-Index-_-50ACCs-_-L0D

Back in January Newegg sent targeted discounts to residents of NY. SWXNY19 for 10% off an order and PREMNY for 3 free months of Newegg premier. Don't know if any other states got the offer but worth checking your email. The coupons expire on 2/18. Subject of email was Notification of Sales Tax Collection.

#27938 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:45 AM

https://www.catherin...lbody/home.html

Shows these for me:
Amazon.com
Amazon.ca
Gamestop.com
Ebgames.ca
Bestbuy.com
Vgp.ca

I'm doing this in the US, east cost. Where are you browsing from?

catherine screen.jpg

#27939 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:51 AM

I'm doing this in the US, east cost. Where are you browsing from?

catherine screen.jpg

When they first posted about it the website was formatted slightly differently and had boxes underneath with all the retailers including Best Buy. It has since updated to having the drop down bars that add new retailers quite a bit after they’re actually available. If amazon is any guide as to availability I think Best Buy should be up for a while once it becomes available.

#27940 kalione  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

Does anyone know if the US Cathrine will have 11 Japanese voice actress DLC or not?

#27941 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

Does anyone know if the US Cathrine will have 11 Japanese voice actress DLC or not?

I wouldn't bet on it, but P5 did get dual audio on release so you never know. Everything about this game's western release is going to be a complete mystery until right before launch day. 

#27942 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6620 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

I wouldn't bet on it, but P5 did get dual audio on release so you never know. Everything about this game's western release is going to be a complete mystery until right before launch day.

Or you could watch the trailer for more info.

https://youtu.be/zRvgfs0m380

Dual audio is confirmed. 11-voice DLC is not described either way.

#27943 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Tales of Vesperia price reduced at Best Buy. $39.99/$31.99 GCU

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255206

#27944 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12117 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

I actually got the $5 off $60 coupons with my two most recent Play-Asia orders. Maybe they are bringing them back.

Same here.  Seems like they are back.

#27945 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Had no idea about this. Cool there's dual audio, but the other details I'm talking about is how much they'll omit now that all the blue checkmarks are up in arms over their acronyms. 

#27946 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

The  issue at hand is a "Several years later" epilogue of a single path.

You can watch it here: https://sendvid.com/39ldd924

Spoiler

#27947 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9167 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

I know everyone wants the eroge and VN news so here we go!

Mangagamer released their all ages otome Steam Prison. Looks to be very high quality, and I will pick it up somewhere down the road. Has a 10% discount till the 21st.

Steam

Their next release is Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!. It's an all ages Yuri game and seems to have nice visuals. I may get this, but I usually wait for bigger discounts on Yuri games. It release March 14th, 2019 with a discount for pre-ordering on Mangagamer.

Mangagamer (NSFW)

Nekonyan released the fandisc for Fureraba Friends to Lovers. It is extremely short and 18+. Each route is about 15 minutes long or so with 1 eroge scene. Honestly I'm not sure it's worth the money, but I got it for free for buying from their website.

NekoNyan Store (NSFW)

JAST Usa surprise released Lilium x Triangle which looks to be about a love triangle Yuri style. It looks short and such, but could be decent. There is a launch discount currently.

VNDB (NSFW)

JAST Usa store (NSFW)

9-Nine episode 2 was announced by Sekai Project/Denpasoft. The first episode came out recently. Cool as these look high quality.

VNDB (NSFW)

#27948 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

I wish I had the time, the energy, and the money to play some of those name-brand perverted beat-off games.   But I'm just glad that they exist.  :lol:

#27949 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

The  issue at hand is a "Several years later" epilogue of a single path.

You can watch it here: https://sendvid.com/39ldd924

Spoiler

Spoiler

Most Japanese games, anime and media as a whole don't buy into our current societal gender politics because it's not a priority over there. They cater to their immediate consumers instead of grandstanding for causes that gets them nowhere financially. People who play these kinds of games and expect Japanese ideals to conform to their own need to see the world for what it is instead of what it thinks it owes them. 

#27950 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12117 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:44 AM

For all you PS3 collectors out there, Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS3) is down to $7.99 before GCU at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=4731100

#27951 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4546 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

You are missing the part where erica was unhappy during highschool and left for a while and then came back later.

But yeah the entire thing is a landmine.  But atlus is just being dumb here.

#27952 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

Right. I'm not discussing anything further. There's nothing to be gained from it.

#27953 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4546 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:39 AM

Agreed.

Fire emblem wise I haven't followed any of the news updates about it besides the release date announcement.  Have they confirmed anything gameplay/story wise like if it's going to have more than one protagonist such as sacred stones, blazing blade and echoes did?  Just curious about that in particular.  I did read that the main central character is the teacher and is level and such wise on par with his students but not much else.  Well kids supposedly wont be in it and I don't think there's much of a loss there outside giving gender or class exclusive skills to male children like galeforce in awakening and such.

#27954 kalione  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

Thanks! I guess I will bite the Japanese version then.

Thanks. Hope they will release the 11-voice DLC in the US

#27955 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:37 AM

Agreed.

Fire emblem wise I haven't followed any of the news updates about it besides the release date announcement.  Have they confirmed anything gameplay/story wise like if it's going to have more than one protagonist such as sacred stones, blazing blade and echoes did?  Just curious about that in particular.  I did read that the main central character is the teacher and is level and such wise on par with his students but not much else.  Well kids supposedly wont be in it and I don't think there's much of a loss there outside giving gender or class exclusive skills to male children like galeforce in awakening and such.

Pretty much everything we know afaik: 

#27956 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Just got a notification from BB that my Steins Gate Elite is on its way.  Totally forgot about it.

#27957 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

Free STEINS;GATE: Linear Bounded Phenogram on Steam might have it removed etc if you add it thru this link 

https://steamdb.info/app/930910/

Yeah "dead deal" I would say. Doesn't work for me. The link does say free, pops open steam, but nothing then.

#27958 lakers714  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:17 PM

Yeah "dead deal" I would say. Doesn't work for me. The link does say free, pops open steam, but nothing then.

Sorry about that guess I should remove it 

#27959 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2822 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

I'll just travel back in time to when it was free and get my copy.

#27960 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2906 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

I'll just travel back in time to when it was free and get my copy.

I just sent a D-mail.