* - - - - 5 votes

"Free" logitech harmony touch remote control at bestbuy in store only

#31 dav2sil  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

So you get the gift card immediately?

Yes you get the gift card after paying.

#32 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

lionheart059

What is this OMS thing?  Sounds like it has something to do with cheaper prices if they order and ship from the warehouse.  If this is the case, then why shouldn't we all just go in-store and ask them to OMS everything we want instead of ever paying store prices?

I imagine you'd have a pretty hard time trying to convince them to order you something from the warehouse if they had it in stock at the store.  This is likely for things they can get from the warehouse but don't currently have in stock at their location, so they give it to you for whatever the current clearance/online/witchcraft cost is.

#33 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

so what is this deal?  i'm really confused, lol

#34 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8742 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

I imagine you'd have a pretty hard time trying to convince them to order you something from the warehouse if they had it in stock at the store.  This is likely for things they can get from the warehouse but don't currently have in stock at their location, so they give it to you for whatever the current clearance/online/witchcraft cost is.

This isn't carried in any stores within 100 miles of me, but online it says it would be in the store by next Thursday if I ordered, so you're probably on the money. Seems like a warehouse-only item.

#35 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

It looks like it's a discontinued remote so the chances of it being had in store is slim...if it is then I'd actually buy it in store and attempt to have them price match Wal-mart that has it listed for $127.99 and pray you still get the full $200 GC in store. 

I'm tempted to just order via website and gamble that they discount the remote on their website within 45days so I can price match and still get the $200 GC. It's a hit or miss with them price matching over the phone with the GC though. 

Although I don't need the remote....damn SD mentality

#36 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8742 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Basically,  you go in the store, say you want to OMS this item. Pay $180 + $10 in tax (with GC or whatever), and get $180 GC back.

Only really worth it if you already have ~$200 in GC.

#37 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Basically,  you go in the store, say you want to OMS this item. Pay $180 + $10 in tax (with GC or whatever), and get $180 GC back.

okay i see.  but wouldn't this be a better deal

Spoiler

#38 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

Step one - Got to a store that doesn't have the thing you want to buy for $300 so you can get a $200 gift card

Step two - Have them order the thing you want to buy for $180 + tax

Step three - Pay the $180 + tax, get a gift card for $180 but no tax

Several days later....

Step four - Pick up your touch screen not-a-phone remote for the cost of tax

#39 rogus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

well how'd you do that

#40 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9450 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Basically, you go in the store, say you want to OMS this item. Pay $180 + $10 in tax (with GC or whatever), and get $180 GC back.

Why is it only worth it if you already have $200 in GC?

I mean for those of use who don't already have a build up in credit at BB and want a free fancy remote, kind of seems like a no brainer. I'll have that $180 spent within six months or so on games as it is.

#41 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6605 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Spoiler

price matched BH Photo Video, or whatever they're called?

#42 rogus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

did you do the bh price match online or instore?

#43 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Spoiler

Who did you price match it with I wonder if this will work with my nexus player

#44 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

how did you get online bb to do that ?

#45 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

price matched BH Photo Video, or whatever they're called?

how did you do that price match? 

#46 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6605 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

how did you do that price match? 

Sorry, I didn't order it, it was a question for him. I could've worded it better :) 

#47 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Sorry, I didn't order it, it was a question for him. I could've worded it better :)

but how did you get BB to price match it

#48 dav2sil  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

That is a much better deal. BB customer service is about to blow up with people trying to price match it.

#49 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

I was able to use a gift card to pay for it.

Thanks for pointing that out. 

I think this is what’s happening:
The POS is coming up at a discounted price in-store $179.99.  Since GC offers are handled after payment, you need pay first and after your payment is tendered the register will prompt the associate to scan your gift card offer.  Because the deal is technically for a $200 gift card, the POS forces the system to lower the gift card amount to the purchase price.  This is because when items come in as bundles, people will sometimes keep the free items and therefore the receipt has to adjust the “return value” for the free item.  Since the free item is higher than the purchase price, the POS is smart enough to at least reduce the gift card value down to the purchase price. 

If it didn’t work that way, the return value of the remote would be -$20 and it’s coded to not accept a negative return value of the purchase otherwise I believe the system would actually prompt a return to actually credit you $20 for something that you already were keeping for free ($200 gift card).  This will enable the system to accept the return of the remote and not giving you anything back.  Your net cost is the tax amount because the adjustment is done pre-tax.

#50 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

bummer---bestbuy told me that they could price match it but i'd be losing out on the gift-card "because its a bundle" 

#51 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2394 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

It's over on phone orders. They have been notified from Corp to cancel the gift card on any of these PMd orders.

#52 ZombiesWorld   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

ZombiesWorld

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:54 PM

Um, am I going crazy or did Best Buy used to have a live chat support?

#53 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:54 PM

Man, this video game deal is really easy to understand. I'm glad it doesn't reference jargon at all, or require arcane knowledge of Best Buy's business practices. I can't wait to have fun with this well priced video game.

#54 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:57 PM

Um, am I going crazy or did Best Buy used to have a live chat support?

Yes, they did.

SD killed the deal. Too many people phoning in to price match. 

I put in a regular order anyways, I'll think of something to make it work.  :-$

#55 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

Same and they just gave me $5 in certs.....

i didnt get anything LOL 

#56 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

Yes, they did.

SD killed the deal. Too many people phoning in to price match.

I put in a regular order anyways, I'll think of something to make it work. :-$

Damn. SD ruins everything.

#57 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9450 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Went in store. The guy put in the order and said it was $300ish + tax. I said I heard it was cheaper ordering OMS.
He said he was doing it Express Lane but checked the OMS price. Said, he'd just do a price match.

So when he did the price match I got the $179.99 price plus still got the full $200 GC. Awesome sauce! Don't mind paying -9.11 after tax for a sweet remote.

#58 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

Went in store. The guy put in the order and said it was $300ish + tax. I said I heard it was cheaper ordering OMS.
He said he was doing it Express Lane but checked the OMS price. Said, he'd just do a price match.

So when he did the price match I got the $179.99 price plus still got the full $200 GC. Awesome sauce! Don't mind paying -9.11 after tax for a sweet remote.

I suppose it was pushing it to price match B&H Photo for $119 and get the $200 GC?  :-

But congrats on the deal! 

#59 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

What's even the point? It's a remote people. Every single TV you buy comes with one.

#60 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

What's even the point? It's a remote people. Every single TV you buy comes with one.

It's a universal remote, 

Instead of having to use three different remotes to turn on your TV, Blu-ray player, Surround Sound, you just use one to operate all three.

The extra cost of being super lazy but hey now you only need one set of batteries!