* * * * * 9 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 11/21: Two Tribes Sale! $42 NBA 2K18, $20 Jackbox 4, $14 Wonder Boy (Switch), & More!

#31 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

I bought "The Legend of Dark Witch 2" and got nothing.  I did get the "Sign in to Nintendo eShop (weekly)" bonus so my accounts are linked, and the purchase did show up in my "my Nintendo" account under receipts.

Maybe the glitch just works on the Sega 3D Classics, I can't try since I already own them.

EDIT:  Welp, refreshing didn't work, but going to the main My Nintendo page shows I got 10 stars, must be discounted stuff that use to be $5+.

The tier is specifically $5 to $9.99. $4.99 doesn't count. I upgraded a couple of SNES and N64 I hadn't paid for yet on Wii U and got points for them quickly.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#32 Owozifa   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:09 AM

I don't know that the way it awards coins is necessarily a glitch, it could just be that the coin amounts are tied to the specific game and ignore sales. That's how Club Nintendo coins worked. Like for example getting a free copy of Pikmin 3 with Mario Kart 8 and turning that free copy into 60 coins.

#33 Churchbus   Squirtin out both ends CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Churchbus

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

I suppose this is what I get for making all those eShop purchases last week. I might try emailing customer support and seeing if I can get coins for those purchases, since they were technically after I linked my NNID to my (pre-created) My Nintendo account. Worst case scenario, I'm out 30 coins.

#34 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:26 AM

http://starfoxzero.nintendo.com/buy/

If you don't want Star Fox Guard, you can pre-order the digital version of Star Fox Zero by itself for $49.99 with an option of getting Star Fox Guard for $9.99 later on as a special discount. If you somehow don't want Star Fox Zero and just want Star Fox Guard, you can get that as a standalone for $14.99 with the option of getting Star Fox Zero later on for $44.99 as a special discount.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#35 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:39 AM

I don't know that the way it awards coins is necessarily a glitch, it could just be that the coin amounts are tied to the specific game and ignore sales. That's how Club Nintendo coins worked. Like for example getting a free copy of Pikmin 3 with Mario Kart 8 and turning that free copy into 60 coins.

Has anyone redeemed WarioWare: Touched? And if so, does doing so award some Gold Coins, in the style of beautiful Club Nintendo reward-chaining?

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.

#36 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:53 AM

Miitomo won't work for me. Whenever it tries to download the data, it always hangs at 100%. And if the app ever loses focus it starts all over.

#37 Togepy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:58 AM

1. What if you buy Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader, regular price of 29.99, on sale for $4.99. Will you get 30 coins?
2. Everyone only got 200 pre-regristration coins for miitomo right? I thought we were supposed to also get extra points for linking NNID with my nintendo before launch, but I guess not?
3. Anything stopping us from creating multiple accounts for easy platinum points? But then again according to my calculation we can get 365 coins per week, so maybe we can get everything with just one account? Besides the discounts.
Cause if you're not cheap, you're not trying!

#38 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

I'm going to have a tough time earning gold. I've only got one or two virtual console upgrades left and the only DLC I want is Hyrule Warriors.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#39 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:16 AM

If anybody here wants a code for Flipnote Studio 3D, let me know.

#40 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4533 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for the new thread. Looking forward to what Nintendo has up their sleeves.

#41 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Seriously; I've been trying to download this Miitomo data for hours. Did nobody else have any problems?

#42 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:37 AM

Apparently Nintendo is emailing out codes with 200 platinum points to email addresses attached to old club nintendo accounts. I haven't a code yet though.

#43 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

No problems here.

Managed to get 1000 Platinum Points and redeemed them for the Picross game.

#44 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

Well I'm not sitting in a store all day and I'm not going to try again on my data. I'll try again tomorrow at work (on their shitty 3MB/min speed).

#45 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2609 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

I couldn't get Miitomo to work on my phone because it is rooted. I got the app running on my PC however. If anyone else is interested, I got the instructions here. https://www.reddit.c...o_on_pc/d1l3ue0

LoZ Picross is alright, but there is an annoying mandatory tutorial section.

14273.png

#46 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:21 AM

They have said that they're working on retail purchases. They'll be growing the service as time goes on.

Club Nintendo had almost nothing of note as a reward for the vast majority of its last few years outside of the year-end rewards and the burst of offerings leading up to the shut down. The few good things outside of that were very limited items.

That sounds like one of those generic answers they give because they're constantly asked about it though. I could easily see them stick to digital only just like the email says "Earn points for interacting with Nintendo apps and services and digital game purchases".

#47 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36547 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

Did this start a day early?  These seem like a bad April Fools joke.

Oh it's just a new thread, not a new sale.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#48 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Personally, I iiked the seperated threads for 3DS and WiiU, as I never play my WiiU. But maybe I'm in the minority of people who prefer separate threads.

#49 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Seriously; I've been trying to download this Miitomo data for hours. Did nobody else have any problems?

It downloads for me, but crashes as soon as I try to start it.  I'll try deleting it and redownloading tomorrow. 

#50 w00dm4nEXE  

w00dm4nEXE

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

flipnote studio 3d for NA.

B0KVR27Q27L4YJ33

#51 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10519 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Apparently Nintendo is emailing out codes with 200 platinum points to email addresses attached to old club nintendo accounts. I haven't a code yet though.

Got this email right around midnight last night.

#52 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

No problems here.

Managed to get 1000 Platinum Points and redeemed them for the Picross game.

Frisky - Did you get Gold Coins when you redeemed the Picross game?

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.

#53 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3690 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

Now that we have a combined eShop thread, I've come to a realization.

Not having to wade through conversation about a system you don't own is nice.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#54 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2344 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

When I redeemed my code for the Picross game I didn't get any coins.

TheVila.png

#55 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

And I'm screwed again. I had to use a different email, because My Nintendo wouldn't work with Yahoo mail.

#56 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

No, there's no price attached to it otherwise that would allow it to qualify for one of the Gold Point tiers.

#57 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65720 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Renegade Kid April Fool's joke:

#58 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29315 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

i cant even get into my account says i lost my password tell them to send me a new one  but they never do 

WOOOO I STINK

#59 chipzilla   My teeth are extra sharp ♪ ♪ My body's extra hairy ♪ CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

And I'm screwed again. I had to use a different email, because My Nintendo wouldn't work with Yahoo mail.

How exactly did My Nintendo not let you use Yahoo email? I linked and sign in with my NNID, which uses a Yahoo email account. I do receive emails from Nintendo, but have yet to get an email for 200 points for linking my account.

chipzilla.pngcard.png
( •_•)    ||    ( •_•)>⌐■-■    ||    (⌐■_■)

#60 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, being able to get points to use for some things without spending money is nice.

I had that before. It was called get the codes from titles at the used video game stores!