* * * * - 10 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 4/23: Atlus/Sega Sale! $9 Jydge, $15 Sega 3D Classics, $20 Hatsune Miku, & More!

#6271 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

It's cool Chicken Wiggle is getting another lease on life, but why it needs to be funded is beyond me. I guess after it bombed on the 3DS, now it's up to the public to bring it to a new system?

If you have faith in your product, it should be a done deal, if your not willing to gamble, why should I? If they offered a physical option, I'm sure this campaign would already be funded. The only physical items are an art book, which I'm sure will get a normal release. And let's not forget the T-Shirt. LOL

This KS is about as out of touch as this being offered at the end of the 3DS's life. Pretty much it's being offered for the standard digital price, so I'm not really seeing much of a reason to risk my funds. I guess this may be $20 at release, since it's getting a graphic upgrade, but it could have been offered as is on the NS and called it a day. I don't know that the improved graphics will make much difference, but the NS seems to be the port master, so who knows?

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#6272 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

It's cool Chicken Wiggle is getting another lease on life, but why it needs to be funded is beyond me. I guess after it bombed on the 3DS, now it's up to the public to bring it to a new system?

If you have faith in your product, it should be a done deal, if your not willing to gamble, why should I? If they offered a physical option, I'm sure this campaign would already be funded. The only physical items are an art book, which I'm sure will get a normal release. And let's not forget the T-Shirt. LOL

This KS is about as out of touch as this being offered at the end of the 3DS's life. Pretty much it's being offered for the standard digital price, so I'm not really seeing much of a reason to risk my funds. I guess this may be $20 at release, since it's getting a graphic upgrade, but it could have been offered as is on the NS and called it a day. I don't know that the improved graphics will make much difference, but the NS seems to be the port master, so who knows?

"If you have faith in your product it should be a done deal?"

Really?  Why would Jools just blindly develop a Switch port if the 3DS version sold poorly?  Kickstarter is probably the safest way for him to gauge demand to decide if making the port is worth the financial cost.  If no one was willing to pay for the project he's probably prefer to get working on another project.

... and since the original release sold poorly I don't blame him for wanting to avoid physical copies for the time being.

#6273 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:41 PM

"If you have faith in your product it should be a done deal?"

Really?  Why would Jools just blindly develop a Switch port if the 3DS version sold poorly?  Kickstarter is probably the safest way for him to gauge demand to decide if making the port is worth the financial cost.  If no one was willing to pay for the project he's probably prefer to get working on another project.

... and since the original release sold poorly I don't blame him for wanting to avoid physical copies for the time being.

And that's perfectly fine, so you should pledge. Jools gave all kinds of excuses on why it sold poorly the first time, one of which was the lack of "N" promotion. So why would any logical person go back to the same place that caused your issues the first time? Why not try PS4/Vita?

KS is very safe, but why should others take the risk, just because he failed the first time? I completely agree it's the safest way to go for him, but if you screwed up once, I'm not funding you to do it twice. Are you going to give funds to a financial planner who lost tons of funds for other clients, and by some miracle is going to make you millions? Of course not. If you see a solid investment, that's your business. But if some one lost money the first time, I'm not looking to help out due to poor planning or whatever else caused poor sales.

Some games just don't work out, no matter how much someone may want it. I thought it was a good game, but overpriced for what it was. $10 should have been max, with $5 being the sweet spot.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#6274 Private Enis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Private Enis

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:43 AM

Anyone know if Enter the Gungeon has ever gone on sale?

#6275 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

10% off once that I can remember.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”
He who throws dirt loses ground.

#6276 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:10 AM

No.

And that's perfectly fine, so you should pledge. Jools gave all kinds of excuses on why it sold poorly the first time, one of which was the lack of "N" promotion. So why would any logical person go back to the same place that caused your issues the first time? Why not try PS4/Vita?

KS is very safe, but why should others take the risk, just because he failed the first time? I completely agree it's the safest way to go for him, but if you screwed up once, I'm not funding you to do it twice. Are you going to give funds to a financial planner who lost tons of funds for other clients, and by some miracle is going to make you millions? Of course not. If you see a solid investment, that's your business. But if some one lost money the first time, I'm not looking to help out due to poor planning or whatever else caused poor sales.

Some games just don't work out, no matter how much someone may want it. I thought it was a good game, but overpriced for what it was. $10 should have been max, with $5 being the sweet spot.

People asked them for a Switch version like every indie game out there, so he's kickstarting the port to see if there's interest and to help minimize the financial risk. If it does well on Switch, it'll probably come to the other platforms like their other games.

Nobody backed the 3DS version, so there's no "funding it twice" scenario for people unless they bought the 3DS version. There's not much risk to backing it since the original game is already out there and these aren't sketchy devs with no record of finishing games.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#6277 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:43 AM

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you here, but everything is eligible. If you go to purchase something or click to see your eshop balance, there will be an additional reward balance you can use on games. (Assuming your My Nintendo account is linked.)

Ok, thanks. I haven't been on the eshop lately to check. I should have checked earlier when I was solving some street crimes in LA noire lol.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#6278 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

People asked them for a Switch version like every indie game out there, so he's kickstarting the port to see if there's interest and to help minimize the financial risk. If it does well on Switch, it'll probably come to the other platforms like their other games.

Nobody backed the 3DS version, so there's no "funding it twice" scenario for people unless they bought the 3DS version. There's not much risk to backing it since the original game is already out there and these aren't sketchy devs with no record of finishing games.

I didn't say anything about "funding it twice", but was pointing out that if anyone supports this now, it's the second amount of funds after the first amount Jools spent was wasted. I'm just pointing out the failure of this game being offered the first time, and because it didn't work out, now the public needs to make it happen the second time.

I've backed many KS, probably more than most here, and I've had good results from all except one. I find KS to be a good way for those who actually need help, to get it. Making games that no one wanted for whatever reason, was of his own design, and no one else's. The games is made, and on the market. If you want to fund future versions, figure out a way to make the version available work, and then you'll get much needed funds from your own efforts.

I see a lot of complaints about KS, and shit like this is the main reason why.

#6279 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11033 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

I didn't say anything about "funding it twice", but was pointing out that if anyone supports this now, it's the second amount of funds after the first amount Jools spent was wasted. I'm just pointing out the failure of this game being offered the first time, and because it didn't work out, now the public needs to make it happen the second time.

I've backed many KS, probably more than most here, and I've had good results from all except one. I find KS to be a good way for those who actually need help, to get it. Making games that no one wanted for whatever reason, was of his own design, and no one else's. The games is made, and on the market. If you want to fund future versions, figure out a way to make the version available work, and then you'll get much needed funds from your own efforts.

I see a lot of complaints about KS, and shit like this is the main reason why.

Also, like you stated earlier, if he only put a physical game option priced affordably (say $30 to $40) this thing would have been funded already. 

#6280 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

Also, like you stated earlier, if he only put a physical game option priced affordably (say $30 to $40) this thing would have been funded already. 

Yeah, I don't believe there is much risk for those who want in on this(and that alone should get this funded), but the rewards are pretty useless and shows a lack of conviction honestly. With a physical game, a making of type video or any number of other items, this could be funded already. 

I 100% agree that this is "testing the waters" type deal, but that's not what KS is for. For the same reasons this game didn't do well the first time, it looks to have a similar level of effort being put forward again(just with no risk on the creative side). Jools complaining about CW not doing well, wasn't the first time I've heard him say similar things.

Renegade Kid had several titles that didn't perform well, and other things where to blame there as well. How about you may not know how to promote are market games? And that's OK, lots of creative people aren't savvy on the business side. I just don't think KS is the place to get funds, because you don't have your shit together, especially from an industry veteran. If you can't make $30,000 happen on your own for a game on the NS where mobile style titles are selling in HUGE numbers, you may be in the wrong line of work.

#6281 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

Nintendo Direct tomorrow!!!!! Finally

#6282 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

Nintendo Direct tomorrow!!!!! Finally

Noice!

#6283 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12378 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Neat. Too bad I don't support Kickstarters.

#6284 rdigit   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   524 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

$42.50 for $50 eShop from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay is back at item id 253470580530

#6285 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2079 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Neat. Too bad I don't support Kickstarters.

Seems like a good game, but something about giving the full amount of what they will ask for at retail when I'm backing a Kickstarter project rubs me the wrong way. I've come to accept the Steam Early Access way of doing things.  Most devs will give you a price break for getting in early.  You get some product to muck around with and you're as involved in the process as the developer allows and you are willing. 

Kickstarter pledges are asking me to give money on the hope that the project will succeed and meet its deliverables.  I'm take a risk along with you, so cut me a price break on pledge rewards! 

848734.png

#6286 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2447 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

$42.50 for $50 eShop from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay is back at item id 253470580530

Thanks for the heads up! Put that towards Kirby.

IwillKILLurGOD.png

#6287 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

More 3DS games are on the way:

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#6288 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:23 AM

#6289 krzysio87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

If you're a bad enough dude:

https://gonintendo.c...-games-title-co

#6290 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

I still need to open my 3DS copy of Code of Princess.  Now I remember why I bought it, that game looks legitimately fun.   It says local co-op, I wonder if that means same screen co-op or simply multi-system co-op?

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#6291 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

Baseball Riot - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/14

The Bridge - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/18

Death Squared - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/13

Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/22

Mecho Tales - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/15

Midnight Deluxe - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/18

Opus: The Day We Found Earth - $4.00 - 20% Off - Ends 3/22

Plague Road - $6.00 - 60% Off - Ends 3/15

Tachyon Project - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/19

:3ds:

Box Up - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Brick Race - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Color Cubes - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Cup Critters - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Darts Up 3D - $0.98 - 67% Off - Ends 3/28

Double Breakout - $4.90 - 30% Off - Ends 3/15

Fairune - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Galaxy Blaster - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Infinite Golf - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/22

Music On: Electric Guitar - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/22

Petit Novel series: Harvest December - $7.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

RTO - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/15

Shoot The Ball - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Soccer Up 3D - $1.97 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Tappingo - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - $6.80 - 15% Off - Ends 3/28

:wiiu:

Brick Race - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

The Bridge - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/18

Color Cubes - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Cup Critters - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Darts Up - $1.24 - 50% Off - Ends 3/28

Don't Crash - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Frederic: Resurrection of Music - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 3/22

I C Redd - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Jackpot 777 - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Panda Love - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/28

Shoot The Ball - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Splashy Duck - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Steel Rivals - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 3/15

Titans Tower - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

Triple Breakout - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 3/15

Ending Soon:

Darkest Dungeon - $22.49 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon - The Crimson Court - $8.99 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon - The Shieldbreaker - $3.59 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition - $31.49 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Energy Invasion - $2.39 - 20% Off - Ends 3/12

Gunhouse - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/12

Mad Carnage - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/15

Never Stop Sneakin' - $9.89 - 33% Off - Ends 3/12

Piczle Lines DX - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 3/15

Tactical Mind - $2.39 - 20% Off - Ends 3/15

Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

Blok Drop Chaos - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/14

Galaxy Blaster Code Red - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/14

Guide The Ghost - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/14

Kung Fu Fight - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/12

Terraria - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/14

Zig Zag Go - $0.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/14

:wiiu:

Kung Fu Fight - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/12

Terraria - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/14

New Releases:

Arcade Archives NeoGeo Real Bout Fatal Fury - $7.99

Bit Dungeon Plus - $8.99

Bleed 2 - $14.99

Earthlock - $29.90

Fear Effect Sedna - $17.99

Flinthook - $14.99 - Out 3/9

I, Zombie - $4.99

The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya - $14.99

North - $2.99

One Eyed Kutkh - $4.99 - Out 3/9

Scribblenauts: Showdown - $39.99

Spy Chameleon - $7.99 - Out 3/9

Steredenn: Binary Stars - $12.99

The Trial: Frontier Challenge - $14.99

TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom - $19.99 - Out 3/9

World Conqueror X - $9.99

Brick Thru - $1.49

#6292 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:08 PM

Not that I expect much considering it’s pretty much a dead console at this point but why does it seem like Wii U gets almost the same exact sales recycled over and over.

#6293 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

Hmmmm, baseball riot for 3.99
Maybe. ...
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#6294 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Could anyone recommend a Nintendo Switch power bank? Going on a trip in a couple weekends and I'll have to take multiple 3-4 hrs flights so anything that would give me at least 1 more full charge should be ok

#6295 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Not that I expect much considering it’s pretty much a dead console at this point but why does it seem like Wii U gets almost the same exact sales recycled over and over.

Because they're the only companies that want to put their games on sale.

#6296 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

Nintendo Direct news:

• WarioWare Gold is out 8/3. Has 300 microgames in it.
  • Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers is out 5/24. Demo out 5/10.
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Story is out in 2019.
  • Detective Pikachu is out 3/23 with pre-orders up now. An extra large Amiibo is also coming.
  • Luigi's Mansion is being remastered for 3DS and will be out later this year.

• Kirby Star Allies will add more characters for your party post-launch via update starting 3/28.
  • Okami HD is out this Summer.
  • Sushi Stiker: The Way of Sushido is out 6/8 with online multiplayer. It's also coming to 3DS.
  • Octopath Traveler is out 7/13. There will be a special edition.
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is out later this year.
  • There will be a network test beta out before launch. There will also be an Amiibo for the Dark Souls Remaster to let you do the Praise the Sun gesture.
  • Mario Tennis Aces has Wii Sports-style motion control options along with special outfits and characters you can unlock in online multiplayer tournaments. It's out 6/22. There will be an online beta before launch.
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is coming to Switch with some Super Mario Odyssey levels added to it. There's also a 3DS version in the works. It's out 7/13.
  • Undertale is coming eventually.
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will be out 7/10.
  • Little Nightmares: Complete Edition is coming 5/18.
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole is out 4/24. DLC will also be available.
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is out 5/18.
  • Arms' US & Canada Online Open starts today. They'll have a Global Testpunch demo that's available on 3/31.
  • Splatoon 2 ver 3.0 is coming late April with new gear, more stages, and Rank X. They're also releasing an Octo expansion that is a new paid campaign. It's out this summer for $20 that can be pre-ordered now to also get some gear you can use in multiplayer now.
  • They're working on a Super Smash Bros for 2018 release. It'll include Mario and the Splatoon kid squids.

#6297 tonyvx  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Man, that Direct blew my expectations away. That was nuts. At least 6 NEW announcements that I'm 100% sold on, and more details on a few others I'm really excited about. I don't have time to play all these games!

#6298 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8417 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

The day the new SMT game is out will be the day I have a Switch, but they are putting good stuff on it. Also excited for Bowser's Inside Story since I didn't play that one.

#6299 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2521 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Crash Bandicoot, Smash Bros, Captain Toad and Splatoon 2 DLC are all buys for me.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#6300 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

Where are all the new Wii U games?!?! ;)