* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#6241 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

https://my.nintendo....bout_gold_point

Well, looks like Nintendo turned on the switch to allow My Nintendo gold points to be used for buying Switch games.  1 Gold point = $0.01.  The better news is that digital purchases on Switch, Wii U, and 3DS, earn 5% back in gold points now, and registering Switch physical games earn 1% back in gold points.  Both the 5% and 1% is more gold points than what was given before this change.  Looks like you're better off redeeming your gold points for 15-50% discounts on My Nintendo though, rather than use them for the money exchange program.

#6242 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71286 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

Darkest Dungeon - $22.49 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon - The Crimson Court - $8.99 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon - The Shieldbreaker - $3.59 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition - $31.49 - 10% Off - Ends 3/12

Energy Invasion - $2.39 - 20% Off - Ends 3/12

I and Me - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/18

:3ds:

Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition - $2.00 - 33% Off - Ends 3/18

:wiiu:

Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition - $2.00 - 33% Off - Ends 3/18

By the way, the My Nintendo change to getting 5% of your purchases in gold points is now live. Details here:

Fine print:

• Gold Points expire after 12 months on the last day of the month in which they were earned.
  • Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, or Wii U, or on Nintendo.com (where available), will automatically earn Gold Points based on 5% of the total paid amount (excluding any points or discounts used).
  • When purchasing retail package versions of Nintendo Switch software, points will be awarded when the software is registered via the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch.
  • Purchases of Nintendo 3DS or Wii U DLC do not qualify to earn Gold Points. Additionally, subscriptions, passes, in-game items, or virtual currency do not qualify to earn Gold Points.
  • When redeeming a download code, Gold Points will be issued automatically.
  • Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game's original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.
  • Gold Points can be used toward eligible digital game and DLC purchases for the Nintendo Switch system, excluding passes, automatic renewals, in-game items, and virtual currency.

#6243 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

I registered Zelda the other day due to the release date stipulation on registering physical games, but I'm glad I held off on my other games. It's nice to have this option rather than the scant rewards they've recently had.

#6244 tonyvx  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

5% back on digital purchases is awesome. Still a bit bummed about the entire past year's worth of purchases though. Oh well. I'm glad they rolled this out, and that you can use it on any game at any increment. Ya did alright, Nintendo.

#6245 tonyvx  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

Never touched Mutant Mudds on my Wii U, but now that it's on sale for Switch and my rewards pretty much cover the cost... it's basically free, right? That's how that works?

#6246 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

So would I, but getting physical edition. Thought I'd mention in case you didn't know it's getting one.

Thanks. I'm all digital all the time. Just used some gold coins to pay for the game on the eShop. Pretty cool.

#6247 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71286 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:39 AM

As a note on the 5% gold points you get for each purchase, you get a prorated amount of points for items on sale and for whatever you might pay after using gold points to discount the price further.

#6248 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4389 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:07 AM

By the way, the My Nintendo change to getting 5% of your purchases in gold points is now live. Details here:

Fine print:

Awesome! Thanks for posting. Just bought some games and redeemed some carts I was waiting on and have over 1000 gold coins now.

Now I just hope they fix my play activity...

#6249 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:16 AM

I have joined the Switch family with Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Not sure what else to get yet. Enjoyed the demo for Kirby.

#6250 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71286 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

Made a video on Azkend 2:

#6251 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4389 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

I have joined the Switch family with Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Not sure what else to get yet. Enjoyed the demo for Kirby.

I'd recommend Mario + Rabbids. Just beat it last night, out over 20 hours in it. The game shouldn't be as good as it is. I know nothing about rabbids but the game was charming and there's a ton of secrets and the gameplay is pretty great.

#6252 AXV1   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:39 AM

Nice I forgot to register most of my Switch games.

#6253 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:59 AM

I guess the new rewards program is better?
Trying to see what is eligible to redeem on the switch. I haven't found anything yet.

#6254 tonyvx  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

I guess the new rewards program is better?
Trying to see what is eligible to redeem on the switch. I haven't found anything yet.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you here, but everything is eligible. If you go to purchase something or click to see your eshop balance, there will be an additional reward balance you can use on games. (Assuming your My Nintendo account is linked.) 

#6255 Number 216   Hasa Diga Eebowai! CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Number 216

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

I'd highly recommend Golf Story. It's a goofy golf RPG and I am not a fan of golf, but can confirm it is a fantastic game to play! 

#6256 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7861 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Nintendo is so shady sometimes. I bought digital Bayonetta 2 on 3/2, where I also visited eShop & there were no specifics about gold points changes. Now on 3/6, I could have gotten 250 gold coins instead of 50. I know it's only $2, but I haven't touched the game so I surely would have waited. Anyone know how to contact them? I only see FAQs on my Nintendo, so they probably dont want folks contacting them over rewards, etc. 2$ makes a big difference when you're broke.

Edit: was adding 2 to clarify it was Bayonetta 2 I bought

#6257 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2401 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

$2 makes no difference to you. It sucks in principle but it’s just 2 freaking dollars.

#6258 tonyvx  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Nintendo is so shady sometimes. I bought digital Bayonetta on 3/2, where I also visited eShop & there were no specifics about gold points changes. Now on 3/6, I could have gotten 250 gold coins instead of 50. I know it's only $2, but I haven't touched the game so I surely would have waited. Anyone know how to contact them? I only see FAQs on my Nintendo, so they probably dont want folks contacting them over rewards, etc. 2$ makes a big difference when you're broke.

You're definitely out of luck. If you checked the My Nintendo page, they said they were rolling this out in early March. Sorry dude.

#6259 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

Nintendo is so shady sometimes. I bought digital Bayonetta on 3/2, where I also visited eShop & there were no specifics about gold points changes. Now on 3/6, I could have gotten 250 gold coins instead of 50. I know it's only $2, but I haven't touched the game so I surely would have waited. Anyone know how to contact them? I only see FAQs on my Nintendo, so they probably dont want folks contacting them over rewards, etc. 2$ makes a big difference when you're broke.

Are PSN flash sales where a game you just bought for $30 goes on sale for $12 also shady? Lol

#6260 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Are PSN flash sales where a game you just bought for $30 goes on sale for $12 also shady? Lol

Yeah, the first rule of "deals", is you win some, you lose some. If people can't accept those facts, don't bother getting in the game. LOL

#6261 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

They also told us this program was coming back in February.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#6262 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7861 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

They did not say they were changing the value you get from gold points to 1 cent = 1 gold point. Truth matters.

#6263 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7861 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, the first rule of "deals", is you win some, you lose some. If people can't accept those facts, don't bother getting in the game. LOL

Not regarding a deal, an exponential change in amount of rewards given for a full priced digital purchase. All that was said is you csn use gold coins towards future purchases. That was great. Not that they are changing the value of gold coins, because even if that was hinted at, I would have waited. I could criticize & justify every complaint that every person on these forums makes. I didn't think that was the purpose of these forums, but I guess I'll start playing along.

#6264 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7861 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

Starting to understand where people get their perception of Nintendo fans. The other threads were much less...this. sorry, I'll find my own way out.

#6265 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Not regarding a deal, an exponential change in amount of rewards given for a full priced digital purchase. All that was said is you csn use gold coins towards future purchases. That was great. Not that they are changing the value of gold coins, because even if that was hinted at, I would have waited. I could criticize & justify every complaint that every person on these forums makes. I didn't think that was the purpose of these forums, but I guess I'll start playing along.

They actually did say they were changing the value of gold coins on the Japanese and Euro eshop and my Nintendo. If you had read that last month it sounded totally like it was going to be the same on the US Eshop and My Nintendo.

https://nintendoever...oming-in-march/

#6266 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

The true reward from buying Nintendo games is you get to play Nintendo games.

I'm just happy I grabbed the gold coins from all the physical Switch games I flipped. At 1600 coins right now.

#6267 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

https://www.vg247.co...ames-off-eshop/

The exchange rate is explicitly stated in this article.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#6268 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71286 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:45 PM

They did not say they were changing the value you get from gold points to 1 cent = 1 gold point. Truth matters.

They did say they were changing the value of gold points, so waiting to make purchases would've been the smart move.

#6269 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2585 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Weellll, got Picross S for less than $5 after my reward coins. Not great, but not bad either.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

#6270 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71286 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:37 PM