Rockband 4 w/ legacy adapter (Xbone) $45 on Amazon

Well, I appreciate it OP.

This is the version I'd want... but I don't have an Xbox One yet.

If my 360 instruments and DLC worked on ps4, I'd make the upgrade, as it is, rock band lost me with non backward compatibility... I just break out RB3 on 360 to play my 650+ songs, who needs RB4?

Same reason I don't own an Xbox one yet, too much money invested in the 360 ecosystem. Fortunately backwards compatibility is getting better.

If my 360 instruments and DLC worked on ps4, I'd make the upgrade, as it is, rock band lost me with non backward compatibility... I just break out RB3 on 360 to play my 650+ songs, who needs RB4?

Same reason I don't own an Xbox one yet, too much money invested in the 360 ecosystem. Fortunately backwards compatibility is getting better.
huh? what isn't backwards compatible? Yes there are some songs that have lapsed rights, but otherwise most of it still transfers and instruments will work as well.

He means between console families (he mentioned investing on 360, but owning a PS4).  I think that this is literally impossible, because you purchase your DLC from the storefront (MS or Sony) not from the developer.  I doubt Harmonix even has a record of your DLC purchases (other than general sales information).

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much backwards compatibility they've been able to put onto the xbox one, and it seems like in the 6 months it has been out there have been major improvements.  For $45 I think it's worth a try.  Worst-case scenario I'll just head back to RB3 when I want to play :p

huh? what isn't backwards compatible? Yes there are some songs that have lapsed rights, but otherwise most of it still transfers and instruments will work as well.
I think he's complaining about being no cross platform BC, which is something unheard of.

I think it's funny when people mention something that hasn't been done before as an excuse for not doing it. Harmonix failed Rock Band 4 when it failed to make Rock Band a Platform on it's own and stopped relying and tying it to separate Eco-systems. Harmonix should have created a Harmonix/Rock Band Account System and allowed people to buy and continue to buy Rock Band into the future for any and all platforms that exist or may exist into the future, i.e. PC (which will probably fail now for the same reason if it hasn't already...) It's called being progressive. Being a leader. Take control of your franchise and make it better. Not... "oh well, no one has ever done that before!"

I've been watching it slowly but surely drop for the last few days and it has finally hit my buy price at $45. Doubt anyone else cares, but it's a great deal for anyone who might be on the fence.

Amazon link
I hear ya bro, been debating this for months, good price, but waiting. Funny, just played Rock Band 3 on 360 Saturday! Trying to justify why I would buy another one that has the same songs as the last using the same instruments as last as well ..... Gamer fever I guess, still fun though and would like to get the Billy Joel stuff (not even sure if you can still buy it?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya bro, been debating this for months, good price, but waiting. Funny, just played Rock Band 3 on 360 Saturday! Trying to justify why I would buy another one that has the same songs as the last using the same instruments as last as well ..... Gamer fever I guess, still fun though and would like to get the Billy Joel stuff (not even sure if you can still buy it?)
Yes you can still buy the Billy Joel songs. Around 95% of the songs ever available are available to buy, not counting the Rock Band Network stuff.

I think it's funny when people mention something that hasn't been done before as an excuse for not doing it. Harmonix failed Rock Band 4 when it failed to make Rock Band a Platform on it's own and stopped relying and tying it to separate Eco-systems. Harmonix should have created a Harmonix/Rock Band Account System and allowed people to buy and continue to buy Rock Band into the future for any and all platforms that exist or may exist into the future, i.e. PC (which will probably fail now for the same reason if it hasn't already...) It's called being progressive. Being a leader. Take control of your franchise and make it better. Not... "oh well, no one has ever d uhone that before!"
This👆and +1 this on rocksmith and Zen pinball too. For those who invested in guitar hero tracks, I suppose it's deserving too.

Sony does cross buy, Microsoft does backward compatibility, hell even toys to life can move from one platform to another. It's not out of the realm of comprehension, merely execution.

Ie. someone needs to be executed. Hmm... Was that my point?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really great deal if you bought RB1, RB2, Green Day RB, RB Blitz, or Lego RB and you previously exported the song list from those games because it means you can play them in RB4. Unfortunately if you didn't export them back in the day, then you're SOL because the export keys expired. Not sure if RB3 can be exported or not. It was talked about previously.

Track packs and other DLC all export in as well.

Full explanation here: http://www.gamesradar.com/rock-band-4-instrument-song-compatibility/

bread's done
Back