* * - - - 1 votes

New Trailer for Star Wars Rogue One movie

Star Wars

#31 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

I liked the movie except Forest Whitaker was way too hammy.

#32 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

Finally watched this since it came out on BR. I can see why it got good reviews, it is pretty good. Lots of fan service though but some of it they could get away with as it did resolve a few things. I enjoyed this way more than The Force Awakens by a longshot. The last 45 minutes of it was amazing; loved the space battle at the end the most which is huge for me as I think they've always been fun to watch in any SW movie but have always enjoyed the ground action more in the others.

- Was Tarkin all CGI or did they get a guy that sounded like him in it and used CGI to "sharpen" him up to look just like Cushing? I know they used CGI in some capacity. Whatever they did that was a hell of a job.

- I knew from reviews most were not fans of the soundtrack and I figured those were John Williams fanboys bitching just to bitch but after hearing it I can understand. It's a bit odd though as Michael Giacchino is a great composer and usually works with JJ Abrams who didn't direct this obviously but still. His stuff on Lost was especially good. People probably would have complained if he did this but perhaps he should have tried to blending in some of his original stuff with existing Williams songs? I bet if fans got to hear more familiar tunes they wouldn't have reacted so harsh as even Williams reused existing songs with his newer stuff in TFA.

- I read the original ending was changed a couple times. Originally, they all survived then they changed it to them dying once they found out Disney wanted it to be dark. Apparently they were to die at the hands of Vader in that hallway scene that we see those Rebels get slaughtered in in the final cut. That was too much though apparently so they changed the team's death to be on the planet. I actually kinda am glad they did that...that would have been a huge downer to see Vader tear through all of them like that in the end and I liked the individual deaths the characters had on the planet, especially Jyn's with the impending blast coming her way.

- Maybe I missed something but it seemed like they were able to cope with the AT ATs in this like they were an afterthought compared to ESB where an entire army spent 20 minutes trying to take them down.

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14572 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

The AT-AT fight was bullshit IMO. It was the biggest letdown of the film other than the hollow characters. I love war machines and there's no way a few ground troops and x-wings would take down one that fast, let alone a column.

#34 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

The AT-AT fight was bullshit IMO. It was the biggest letdown of the film other than the hollow characters. I love war machines and there's no way a few ground troops and x-wings would take down one that fast, let alone a column.

Bit funny considering they take 20 minutes in ESB just to take them out with Snowspeeders and in the end didn't even take them all out. XD In this they had rocket launchers but you also saw the X-Wings get in on the action one wonders why they didn't send them in Hoth at the start since they had them. Could proton torpedo them if nothing else.