* * * - - 2 votes

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin $15.99 PS4/X1 @ Best Buy w/ Free In-Store Pickup (GCU Required)

dark souls 2 ps4 xbox one best buy

#31 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

I really disliked this game when I tried it after black Friday. First off, I highly rely on my coop phantoms. The fact that I had trouble getting any help was a huge turnoff for me. I might be willing to try again at this price but after dark souls 3 Idk. I really enjoy the map layout in 1 and 3, this was the first souls game I haven't finished or liked

#32 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38664 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Had to search the wiki.... it was Sir Alonne who whooped my ass. I couldn't get the timing down.

If you always roll towards his left (your right) side whenever he attacks, you're almost guaranteed to be able to get one hit in. He wiped the floor with me when I tried playing defensively, so you have to be more aggressive.

Scholar of the First Sin was definitely the weakest Souls game for me, but it also had more heart-poundingly intense boss fights than any other game--Fume Knight, Ivory King, and Sir Alonne all felt so satisfying to finally kill.