Halo 5 CE $125 ($100 GCU) at Best Buy

Got it for $80. Price matched from frys.com couple months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually any Best Buy should match frys.com. I live in Montana and my best buy has matched them on more than one occasion

Actually any Best Buy should match frys.com. I live in Montana and my best buy has matched them on more than one occasion

$250 with statue. Frys.com its on BB list of competitors.
They will match an out-of-state competitor? I was always under the impression the store had to have a physical presence within 25 miles of the store. That's how all of the STL stores (not just BB) have treated PM's in the past. Hell I've had problems trying to get Walmart to PM Toys R Us that was a 10-minute drive away.

They will match an out-of-state competitor? I was always under the impression the store had to have a physical presence within 25 miles of the store. That's how all of the STL stores (not just BB) have treated PM's in the past. Hell I've had problems trying to get Walmart to PM Toys R Us that was a 10-minute drive away.
I did couple of times, no problem whatsoever. Most BB employees i encounter, dont check for it.

The game is complete garbage anyways. I hadn't  played it since launch and tried it yesterday and its somehow worse than I remembered. After two games I was sick of it and played the master chief collection instead to reminisce of the good ol days when halo was halo and not some stupid COD hybrid

It's been this price online for a while now. Dingers on awd dropped all the way down to $60. Only reason I didn't get it at $60 was because I don't have room for the statue.

Only lazy reps will do an out-of-state competitor PM. Don't think the stores around here will do a Fry's PM.

If you can BUY it online they should match Frys.com BUT if it's in-store only or sold out online and not at a store within 25 miles they do not have to match it.

Yeah, it's said that on the site for a couple of weeks now, and it's a clearance price. Hard to say if it'll get lower, but I hope so. IDK why I even care, I hated the campaign and the multiplayer maps are a pit of crap, but I still kind of want the statue and another Metal Earth (because I ruined the first one).

The $250 MSRP CE w/statue, etc. or the $100 MSRP LE?

Also we in the Midwest do not have the mythical land known as Fry's, which has to be present for our BB's to PM it.
I mean, we have one in Illinois, it's just in the Chicago area, so I'm not going to be anywhere near it.

The game is complete garbage anyways. I hadn't played it since launch and tried it yesterday and its somehow worse than I remembered. After two games I was sick of it and played the master chief collection instead to reminisce of the good ol days when halo was halo and not some stupid COD hybrid
I agree with the first sentence. I disagree strongly with the last one. Game is atrocious, but definitely not a CoD hybrid, whatever that means.

Yeah, it's said that on the site for a couple of weeks now, and it's a clearance price. Hard to say if it'll get lower, but I hope so. IDK why I even care, I hated the campaign and the multiplayer maps are a pit of crap, but I still kind of want the statue and another Metal Earth (because I ruined the first one).
I mean, we have one in Illinois, it's just in the Chicago area, so I'm not going to be anywhere near it.

I agree with the first sentence. I disagree strongly with the last one. Game is atrocious, but definitely not a CoD hybrid, whatever that means.
Dang why can't they come to STL. Thanks everyone, did not know this wasn't that much of a deal.

Wal-Mart.com has it $64, almost positive I saw it for $54 @ the Santa Ana, CA Wally World. BTW, Wal-Mart.com also has Master Chief Collection for $20.

Worth it for $75? (I have a $5 reward certificate,) or do I hope for one more drop? It's still available at 2 local BB locations in STL.

I told myself I'd buy it if this happened. I just didn't expect it to be such a horrible game. IDK if I'd want it now, because it's just so unbelievably bad. Kind of want, kind of don't.
it just keeps dropping and almost all the stores around me have them in stock. I'm not big on halo but do have the green halo 360 and this would look pretty cool next to it.

If this hits $60/52 gcu I think I'm a bite. Might not happen but I just don't see myself paying more than a new released game for Halo 4. Maybe if I was a bigger halo fan.

I told myself I'd buy it if this happened. I just didn't expect it to be such a horrible game. IDK if I'd want it now, because it's just so unbelievably bad. Kind of want, kind of don't.
Kind of confused. You used the words "horrible" and "unbelievably bad" in describing this game and you're considering spending ANY amount of money on it? Let alone $80 or more? Either you just speak in rash hyperbole or you have a serious addiction. Since you are on this website, i'll assume you're just addicted like the rest of us. :)

I guess I understand the collectible stuff, but if you hate it that much...

Kind of confused. You used the words "horrible" and "unbelievably bad" in describing this game and you're considering spending ANY amount of money on it? Let alone $80 or more? Either you just speak in rash hyperbole or you have a serious addiction. Since you are on this website, i'll assume you're just addicted like the rest of us. :)

I guess I understand the collectible stuff, but if you hate it that much...
It is more that I wanted it at first, and planned to but it at this price at the start. That thought is in my head and affects my wanting of it. I'm honestly not speaking in hyperbole, though, in terms of what the game is to me. It has BY FAR the two worst maps of any FPS that I can recall. The maps as a whole are the worst collection in a game I can recall. The campaign was a total waste of time that didn't drive the overall story more than a few inches. The multiplayer isn't balanced because of the eclectic map layouts. Just nothing of the game is impressive.

That said, it kind of boils down to my love of the franchise, vs. my hate of Halo 5's multiplayer maps.

I'd wait for it to be converted to used from Gamestop, personally. That is, if they still do that. That's how I got most of my CEs, until it came to pretty much a standstill.

They never will because there's nothing in it to sell as used.
...Oh yeah, that's right. There's no physical game in it. I forgot how stupid Micro$oft was. Not only do they have a $250 CE, but they didn't even include the game in it.

...Oh yeah, that's right. There's no physical game in it. I forgot how stupid Micro$oft was. Not only do they have a $250 CE, but they didn't even include the game in it.
It's doubly stupid that they included a STEELBOOK case. How does that make ANY sense?!?

I couldn't pass up on $80 though. Mine Arrived yesterday. I had no idea how large the box was. Damn.

bread's done
Back