12-month PS Plus for $30

TVippy

CAGiversary!
Why is it that the last offers with this price date way back to 2013? Never ever since 2013 have I seen the year subscription for $29.99, which seems incredibly weird. Lowest I saw since then was $35.  :drool:  

Is it because things are going so well for Sony with PS4? 

Anybody saw this price since 2013? And do you think it's realistic to expect this price on Black Friday 2016?

tumblr_nct89uxweU1somw7ho4_500.gif

Wasn't that the first year they charged for psn? Probably to ease the sticker shock. Now they got us all hooked and they can charge whatever they want. Any savings off of msrp is a bonus in thier eyes.

Prob a combination of factors... ie, Plus being required for PS4 online play, PS4 doing so damn well... Sony now having to support "free" games for 4 systems (PS3/4, PSP, Vita) rather than 2 or 3. And I'm sure they wanted to bolster subs/growth for the initial years so it looks good during shareholders reports. 

This was twice, once earlier this week and also the week before. It was a physical card and from what I understand it was a targeted coupon, so not everyone got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when it was 30, I bought few years of it.  Then a little more when it was 35.  I haven't seen better since those times though.  Hope soon again. 

This was twice, once earlier this week and also the week before. It was a physical card and from what I understand it was a targeted coupon, so not everyone got it.
So this wasn't all over CAG?

What is a "targeted coupon" exactly? One that can be received by anybody, who's subscribed for Groupon's newsletter at random?

http://www.costco.ca/PlayStation-Plus-12-month-membership---Electronic-Code.product.100146149.html

$46.99 CAD to USD currently works out to about $36.07...plus about $1 your credit card will probably charge you for an international purchase (check your card's details to make sure).

Yes, it works on US PSN accounts. I've done it a couple of times. Currency gift cards will only work on their respective countries, however.
Sure it's in CAD? Because doesn't say anywhere, should be in CAD though.

Very interesting price. Should be even more interesting on Black Friday. Or this is a promotional rare price already?

They just email you the code immediately???

Where is it $30?
Right now - nowhere, but we're looking and waiting. Last time it was in 2013 on Black Friday, everywhere (every major outlet), including PSN itself!

So this wasn't all over CAG?
What is a "targeted coupon" exactly? One that can be received by anybody, who's subscribed for Groupon's newsletter at random?
It was here on CAG. People were getting things like Ratchet & Clank for $19 and Uncharted 4 for $30. Targeted means only certain Groupon accounts were able to use the code, not everybody. You would know by receiving an email. Also if you logged into your account, it was displayed on a banner on the homepage.

Prob a combination of factors... ie, Plus being required for PS4 online play, PS4 doing so damn well... Sony now having to support "free" games for 4 systems (PS3/4, PSP, Vita) rather than 2 or 3. And I'm sure they wanted to bolster subs/growth for the initial years so it looks good during shareholders reports.
3 systems. They dropped PSP support ages ago. Occasionally you'll see a PSP title on there but that is promoted as a VITA game for the month bc they are backwards-compatible for most

It was here on CAG. People were getting things like Ratchet & Clank for $19 and Uncharted 4 for $30. Targeted means only certain Groupon accounts were able to use the code, not everybody. You would know by receiving an email. Also if you logged into your account, it was displayed on a banner on the homepage.
So I should register an account now? It was completely random?

bread's done
Back