A few more things I've managed to figure out, most of it is common sense:
1) Sometimes at a Pokestop, the icon is white. I used to think it crashed, but just wait it out and it will be active.
2) So you have to throw the Pokeball in the colored circle...
3) It seems if you disconnect networks, like moving from Wifi to 4G, it still works, but the game has a hard time adjusting or something.
4) Having the game in the background doesn't count steps, at least not for me.
5) If you play on a college campus... Pokemon Zombie hordes...
6) The item limit seems to be bugged, I have 364/350 items somehow.
7) Sometimes it lags and doesn't let you transfer a Pokemon, if you rapidly press it, you might come across a glitch and get multiple candies.
8) Even if you have an evolved Pokemon with a lower or barely higher CP, evolve the pre-evolved form, the CP will raise dramatically.
9) Different Pokemon come during the day and at night... I think.
So I was wondering, how do people seem to find Pokemon in their houses? I have seen people finding Squirtles in their toilet and I have never found anything while walking around the house. I had a theory... is the camera on the phone active while you look around? Say, I am in my kitchen and I start cooking, and the phone camera faces the stove. Does a Magmar or something show up?