* * * - - 2 votes

Pokemon GO discussion thread

Pokemon go Pokemongo iphone android mobile free fun pikachu

#31 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Anyone still play? I was thinking, so everyone has the same few "common" pokemon right? Like Rattata, Pidgeys, and Weedles. But then I was reading some stuff, and apparently the common ones can be different. Some towns and cities are chalk full of Drowsees and Eevees. Mine is full of Dudoos for some reason. Yet I've heard of people who have never even seen a Dudoo. Anyone have other kinds of Pokemon that you just never stop seeing?

#32 elessar123  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

Arcanine / Growlithe are super common in SoCal. Weedles I barely see.

#33 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

Wow your lucky, I've only seen 1 growlithe here. And it's a great pokemon to have too for gyms.

Also NYC here. I don't think I mentioned that.

#34 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

I ran out of pokeballs and been contemplating on getting a google play card. Damn nintendo, why you gotta do this.

#35 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:03 AM

I ran out of pokeballs and been contemplating on getting a google play card. Damn nintendo, why you gotta do this.

No Pokestops nearby?

What are some of you guys' rarest pokemon that you've caught. Idk if it's rare but I've caught a Tauros, Lickitung, and a porygon.

#36 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14088 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

My GF quit playing because of this and I never started once I learned from her that you essentially have to run around town going to pokestops to avoid paying money. She spent $2 and realized how quickly that went so she just stopped playing. I feel like this surge of popularity was just a fad and will die just as quickly. Nintendo lost all its stock gains overnight once they let investors know they're not actually seeing more than 10% of the revenue (WallstreetLoL; fucking flurbs). I feel like if they offered daily rewards like normal F2P games do, they would come out ahead in the end.

As it stands, with all the location spoofing and "insert coin to continue" business model, this fad will die just as fast as it sprung up.

#37 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

I work at a church and has been marked as a pokestop. I can log in every 5 mins and collect items. The gym for our town is also across the street from me so I can walk over and fight.

#38 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, no pokestops nearby work or home. 

#39 Big Boss Mario   Wii You CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Big Boss Mario

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

I pass about 5 pokestops on the way to work and back. The trick is to drive while collecting pokestops, i go between 20-30MPH then as soon as the circle touches the stop i start spinning and collecting. Also be aware not to get into an accident. Not having a car behind you helps a lot.

#40 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

So there was an update today. After I updated I noticed that I can't seem to find the transfer button at the bottom of each pokemon's page. Did they move it or just get rid of it?

#41 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

So there was an update today. After I updated I noticed that I can't seem to find the transfer button at the bottom of each pokemon's page. Did they move it or just get rid of it?

They moved it to a sub menu on the bottom right. Now I gotta press even more buttons to transfer the 8000 pidgeys I have...

#42 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

Is it just me or is the hitbox of capturing a lot smaller after the patch? I feel like I actually have to aim now, whereas before I just had to throw it close.

#43 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:46 AM

I feel like I've tossed balls over dozens of pidgey heads in ways that would have totally counted before. I haven't really noticed outside of the pidgey situation though.

#44 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14088 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

Lol, sounds like the classic rigged carny game to me. Never occurred to me that they could start messing with hitboxes in order to drive more sales. If true, that's pretty sad.

#45 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

I actually put down $40 for this game been using lucky eggs and buying a couple of incubators and more storage. I was thinking since i buy the nintendo games for $40, plunking down the same amount will be my limit. Wish it ddnt buy incense since i think its useless right now. I also bought lures which was a waste in my part i think. Im better off leeching on someone elses lure party than putting mine in. Hehe!

im at level 24 right now with 107 pokemon variations. Getting them from normal routes i take during my everyday living. Its a pain leveling up now but im still having fun doing walks talking to others i come across in pokestops.

I never did pokevision. Im been reading alot of people getting salty about pokevision not working anymore. I do think a number of those that are really mad are the ones that cheat and use the service to spoof locations. tsk!

Anyway, id still be playing the game and hoping they do fix the other issues soon and add new features like trading and social media integration. Hehe!

#46 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14088 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

So I guess the update has people pretty pissed about some feature removal and tracking sites being taken down? Was seeing a ton of headlines yesterday about the community turning on the developers over the decision.

Between POGO and No Man's Sky leaks, seems like there's a lot of drama lately lol.

#47 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

I never used the nearby feature or Pokevision so I didn't really care about their removal. I am having a much harder time trying to catch pigdeys and rattatas though. The pokeball keeps missing, and when it hits, it usually escapes. They also run away a lot more now too. Level 21 at the time.

#48 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

I never used the nearby feature or Pokevision so I didn't really care about their removal. I am having a much harder time trying to catch pigdeys and rattatas though. The pokeball keeps missing, and when it hits, it usually escapes. They also run away a lot more now too. Level 21 at the time.

I noticed that too. Even doing curve balls is a lil tricky now. Feels like they tweeked the throw mechanics. And yes, low level pokemons have a tendency to more escape now which is a pain! That shoudnt happen at all. Like what jodou said, seems like they want people to spend more for this game. Tsk!

#49 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:36 AM

Anyone know what distance you have to be from a Pokestop with a lure module on it for it to have an effect? Like does the Pokestop need to be activated, or do the circles have to intersect, or maybe you just have to be close and don't even need to touch?

#50 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

In my experience, your circle has to be basically touching the 'stop.  The stop doesn't necessarily have to turn into a ball, as long as you're very close to it.

The game seems to have died off a fair amount for some of my friends but I still see constant activity in the areas with a lot of stops or gyms.  I think with tracking of some form available it would still be popular, at least on a weekly basis, as running through the city streets chasing something as a team was an amazing experience. Now it's like forming a dragnet around an invisible target.  It's probably shortsighted from a business point of view but I wish their priority was fixing the game and not finding more suckers to buy into their microtransactions.

#51 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4236 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

Gen 2 is here!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon, go, Pokemongo, iphone, android, mobile, free, fun, pikachu