* * * - - 2 votes

The Witcher 3 PS4/XB1 GOTY Complete Ed $40 on Amazon for Prime Members.

#31 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

Also waiting for MKXL to go down in price

#32 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2115 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

There will like be BF deals for that game as well as for this Witcher 3 Complete edition.  At $40, this game is a tremendous value.  There's so much content here.  And Blood and Wine is arguably one of the best DLC ever made.  It will most likely be cheaper on BF, so might as well wait another few months for it.  I'll be getting it now to keep me over until Battlefield 1 comes out on October 21st, and that game will have my full attention for the rest of the year.  

#33 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

I think i'm going to trade in my vanilla copy from BB ($16) and get my money back. I'll even be up a couple bucks. I can wait for the complete version to be $24 after gcu.

#34 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

Waiting for the Complete Complete Edition.

#35 ZabaZu  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

As I predicted last year, I played 25 hours, abandoned this for bat man and never came back.

I thought that would happen to me too even though I knew I loved the witcher series.  165 hours later I wish it didn't end...

#36 LunarApex   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

LunarApex

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:46 PM

PC is same price, oddly though you don't get the prime discount. Shame on you Amazon :/

#37 MrHyde   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

Just bought this and the season pass not too long ago for $40. Don't have to have that yellow border either.

#38 Gerbar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:59 AM

PC is same price, oddly though you don't get the prime discount. Shame on you Amazon :/

Are you sure, I got a discount on it, got it for $40.

#39 LunarApex   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

LunarApex

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:23 AM

Are you sure, I got a discount on it, got it for $40.

Didn't seem like it. Added to cart and showed full price. I'll try again.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#40 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

You can trade in your current copy to gamestop for $20 cash effectively making the complete $20.

#41 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

Wonder if the trophies / achievements will share with the vanilla and it's DLC or have a separate trophy list like the complete edition of Shadow of Mordor was?

#42 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9121 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

Getting there. Still waiting on the inevitable $19.99 (15.99 GCU) sale.

+1. I just hope it comes with the cool physical shit that the vanilla copy came with. 

Chances are it'll be that price on BF like the original game was last year.

Also this. And Mad Max to be $12 after GCU. I feel like most of the games I'm excited to pick up for cheap on BF are published by WB. :bouncy:

The only reason I'm confliced with MKXL is because Boon teased the possibility of yet another Kombat Pass..

You can trade in your current copy to gamestop for $20 cash effectively making the complete $20.

Which is the same price as the season pass at full price, coincidentally (the season pass is the only paid DLC for the game). I'd say that's only worth it the complete comes with the DLC on the disk and you really prefer having DLC physically.

Trading it now in the hopes of a $20 - $25 sale on the Complete in a few months is a good call though.

Wonder if the trophies / achievements will share with the vanilla and it's DLC or have a separate trophy list like the complete edition of Shadow of Mordor was?

I really hope they share. WB is annoying with achievement lists sometimes (AA and AA: GOTY in addition to the aforementioned Mordor), and I still have no idea why Mordor has 2 lists. At least with Arkham Asylum it was because the game had to be "reworked for the 3D effect" or whatever, which is why saves were incompatible.

#43 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37706 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

I really hope they share. WB is annoying with achievement lists sometimes (AA and AA: GOTY in addition to the aforementioned Mordor), and I still have no idea why Mordor has 2 lists. At least with Arkham Asylum it was because the game had to be "reworked for the 3D effect" or whatever, which is why saves were incompatible.

The GotY Edition will have a separate trophy/achievement list and be incompatible with the vanilla version's saves: https://www.destruct...on-380768.phtml

#44 MrClark  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Funny when a non deal thread is posted and then hangs around for months because people talk about the game itself and keeping it alive effectively keeping off the front page threads with real deals in them.

#45 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37706 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

Funny when a non deal thread is posted and then hangs around for months because people talk about the game itself and keeping it alive effectively keeping off the front page threads with real deals in them.

First of all, you're not helping the issue if you post, too.

Second, this thread was created only 5 days ago.

Third, I was addressing a concern/question that some people had about whether the vanilla edition's save files would be compatible with the GotY edition.

#46 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

First of all, you're not helping the issue if you post, too.

Second, this thread was created only 5 days ago.

Third, I was addressing a concern/question that some people had about whether the vanilla edition's save files would be compatible with the GotY edition.

Fourth, ignore the thread if it doesn't interest you.

#47 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

The GotY Edition will have a separate trophy/achievement list and be incompatible with the vanilla version's saves: https://www.destruct...on-380768.phtml

Apparently this is something that is out of their control as well.

http://forums.cdproj...641#post2817641

#48 gogomo  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

Are you frickin kidding me!?!?!?!  OMG.  The worst part is the save file being incompatible.  I spent the equivalent of probably 2 months playing vanilla, and getting the armor set that I wanted to dive into the DLCs.  I'm not going to do that all over again.

The whole explanation is BS, if you ask me.  They most certainly could've made it work.  They just want more sales.  Fallout  vanilla saves are compatible with GotY editions (because the DLCs are treated as actual DLCs).  They totally could've packaged this edition the same way instead of remaking it into a whole new game.

Two options for me: don't buy complete edition OR rebuy vanilla (because I already traded it in) and pony up for DLCs separately.  Sorry, I'm going with the cheaper option.  Bye Geralt.  Lost a sale from me.

Lesson learned: don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 at launch.  Wait for GotY/complete edition.

#49 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37706 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

Are you frickin kidding me!?!?!?!  OMG.  The worst part is the save file being incompatible.  I spent the equivalent of probably 2 months playing vanilla, and getting the armor set that I wanted to dive into the DLCs.  I'm not going to do that all over again.

The whole explanation is BS, if you ask me.  They most certainly could've made it work.  They just want more sales.  Fallout  vanilla saves are compatible with GotY editions (because the DLCs are treated as actual DLCs).  They totally could've packaged this edition the same way instead of remaking it into a whole new game.

Two options for me: don't buy complete edition OR rebuy vanilla (because I already traded it in) and pony up for DLCs separately.  Sorry, I'm going with the cheaper option.  Bye Geralt.  Lost a sale from me.

Lesson learned: don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 at launch.  Wait for GotY/complete edition.

You're probably right that money factored into the decision, but blame WB Games for that, not CD Projekt Red.

#50 dualrec  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

Yep.  That's the kind of nonsense that'll keep me from going back and finishing the game unless they do a massive sale on the dlc.

#51 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

So far this console generation, has there even been a GotY edition to be compatible trophy / achievement and save file wise with the vanilla counterpart for PS4 and X1? From the sounds of it, this could very well be a Sony or Microsoft thing. CDPR has been started as saying:

"The save files on consoles won't be compatible between different game versions (GOTY vs regular version) as they are treated by systems as separate products. This is something that's not up to us. Sorry."

#52 gogomo  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

So far this console generation, has there even been a GotY edition to be compatible trophy / achievement and save file wise with the vanilla counterpart for PS4 and X1? From the sounds of it, this could very well be a Sony or Microsoft thing. CDPR has been started as saying:

"The save files on consoles won't be compatible between different game versions (GOTY vs regular version) as they are treated by systems as separate products. This is something that's not up to us. Sorry."

Good point.  Maybe they learned from Fallout (people buying GotY edition used from Gamestop, installing DLCs on consoles, then returning game OR friends sharing that second disc with the DLCs).

In any case, that just means I'm going to wait for GotY editions from now on for huge games.  I'm not wasting my life spending hundreds of hours in a game, then doing it all over again just to play the DLC.  These games are usually single player anyways so it's not like they need to be played on day one.

#53 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Good point.  Maybe they learned from Fallout (people buying GotY edition used from Gamestop, installing DLCs on consoles, then returning game OR friends sharing that second disc with the DLCs).

In any case, that just means I'm going to wait for GotY editions from now on for huge games.  I'm not wasting my life spending hundreds of hours in a game, then doing it all over again just to play the DLC.  These games are usually single player anyways so it's not like they need to be played on day one.

It really does a disservice to people that were early adopters for sure. But again, I have a feeling if their hands weren't tied, CDPR would give us what we want as they always have...other than the terrible GotY box art, they seem to always go that extra mile for their fans.

#54 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37706 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

It really does a disservice to people that were early adopters for sure. But again, I have a feeling if their hands weren't tied, CDPR would give us what we want as they always have...other than the terrible GotY box art, they seem to always go that extra mile for their fans.

Remember that Arkham City's GotY edition also had terrible box art, so WB Games might also have some "involvement" on that front.

#55 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

Remember that Arkham City's GotY edition also had terrible box art, so WB Games might also have some "involvement" on that front.

How could anyone forget?

BatmanBoxArtIGN_1335221164.jpg

#56 foxbatkllr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

foxbatkllr

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Dragon Age: Inquisition is compatible. I traded in my vanilla physical and bought the digital GOTY edition and the saves transferred just fine. But this may be different if it's an issue of DLC on disk. I wouldn't blame cdprojekt for it. Probably WB's fault.

#57 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

Dragon Age: Inquisition is compatible. I traded in my vanilla physical and bought the digital GOTY edition and the saves transferred just fine. But this may be different if it's an issue of DLC on disk. I wouldn't blame cdprojekt for it. Probably WB's fault.

Yeah, the physical GotY edition simply had download codes for the DLC, so you essentially got the vanilla version again plus the codes. Like you said, it must be an issue when the DLC is on the disk, like the systems see them as a new game entirely.

#58 dualrec  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Money hungry WB.  This reminds me of Street Fighter x Tekken, when the had 12 DLC characters for $20 (might not be exact), locked away on the actual disc. Shady.  100% have not bought a Capcom game new since.  They don't get my money. Gamefly or used only.

#59 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Well I guess I'm not getting the game of they year. Time to wait for a sale on the blood and wine gwent deck with the dlc I guess.

#60 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Remember when way back on the PS1 when Metal Gear Solid could read your Save Games for stuff like Castlevania? Yeah... it's 18 years later and The Witcher 3 GOTY can't even read The Witcher 3 Save Games. You know... how like NHL 16 can tell that you've played NHL 15 because it can see the Save Games? Yeah. CD Projeckt Red must not know what they're doing, maybe they can hire someone from the PS1 Era to show them how to do this, if not... SORRY!