The Witcher 3 PS4/XB1 GOTY Complete Ed $40 on Amazon for Prime Members.

Investor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The Witcher 3 GOTY Complete Edition with both main DLCs (Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine) + 16 DLCs is $40 for both the PS4 and XB1 on Amazon for its Prime members, who will also be getting the free 2-day shipping.  It's $49.99 for all other members. 

The game is out on August 30th, so pre-ordering it will get you the game on the day of the release.  The Prime pre-ordering discount will be displayed at the checkout screen.  

[attachment=23262:A1F+kr5GCgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.  That's the kind of nonsense that'll keep me from going back and finishing the game unless they do a massive sale on the dlc.

So far this console generation, has there even been a GotY edition to be compatible trophy / achievement and save file wise with the vanilla counterpart for PS4 and X1? From the sounds of it, this could very well be a Sony or Microsoft thing. CDPR has been started as saying:

"The save files on consoles won't be compatible between different game versions (GOTY vs regular version) as they are treated by systems as separate products. This is something that's not up to us. Sorry."

So far this console generation, has there even been a GotY edition to be compatible trophy / achievement and save file wise with the vanilla counterpart for PS4 and X1? From the sounds of it, this could very well be a Sony or Microsoft thing. CDPR has been started as saying:

"The save files on consoles won't be compatible between different game versions (GOTY vs regular version) as they are treated by systems as separate products. This is something that's not up to us. Sorry."
Good point. Maybe they learned from Fallout (people buying GotY edition used from Gamestop, installing DLCs on consoles, then returning game OR friends sharing that second disc with the DLCs).

In any case, that just means I'm going to wait for GotY editions from now on for huge games. I'm not wasting my life spending hundreds of hours in a game, then doing it all over again just to play the DLC. These games are usually single player anyways so it's not like they need to be played on day one.

Good point. Maybe they learned from Fallout (people buying GotY edition used from Gamestop, installing DLCs on consoles, then returning game OR friends sharing that second disc with the DLCs).

In any case, that just means I'm going to wait for GotY editions from now on for huge games. I'm not wasting my life spending hundreds of hours in a game, then doing it all over again just to play the DLC. These games are usually single player anyways so it's not like they need to be played on day one.
It really does a disservice to people that were early adopters for sure. But again, I have a feeling if their hands weren't tied, CDPR would give us what we want as they always have...other than the terrible GotY box art, they seem to always go that extra mile for their fans.

It really does a disservice to people that were early adopters for sure. But again, I have a feeling if their hands weren't tied, CDPR would give us what we want as they always have...other than the terrible GotY box art, they seem to always go that extra mile for their fans.
Remember that Arkham City's GotY edition also had terrible box art, so WB Games might also have some "involvement" on that front.

Remember that Arkham City's GotY edition also had terrible box art, so WB Games might also have some "involvement" on that front.
How could anyone forget?

BatmanBoxArtIGN_1335221164.jpg

Dragon Age: Inquisition is compatible. I traded in my vanilla physical and bought the digital GOTY edition and the saves transferred just fine. But this may be different if it's an issue of DLC on disk. I wouldn't blame cdprojekt for it. Probably WB's fault.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is compatible. I traded in my vanilla physical and bought the digital GOTY edition and the saves transferred just fine. But this may be different if it's an issue of DLC on disk. I wouldn't blame cdprojekt for it. Probably WB's fault.
Yeah, the physical GotY edition simply had download codes for the DLC, so you essentially got the vanilla version again plus the codes. Like you said, it must be an issue when the DLC is on the disk, like the systems see them as a new game entirely.

Money hungry WB.  This reminds me of Street Fighter x Tekken, when the had 12 DLC characters for $20 (might not be exact), locked away on the actual disc. Shady.  100% have not bought a Capcom game new since.  They don't get my money. Gamefly or used only.

Well I guess I'm not getting the game of they year. Time to wait for a sale on the blood and wine gwent deck with the dlc I guess.

Remember when way back on the PS1 when Metal Gear Solid could read your Save Games for stuff like Castlevania? Yeah... it's 18 years later and The Witcher 3 GOTY can't even read The Witcher 3 Save Games. You know... how like NHL 16 can tell that you've played NHL 15 because it can see the Save Games? Yeah. CD Projeckt Red must not know what they're doing, maybe they can hire someone from the PS1 Era to show them how to do this, if not... SORRY!

Edit: Didn't see the previous posts & you can't delete posts now.

Edit: Didn't see the previous posts & you can't delete posts now.
There's no "delete," but can't you just hide your post? That's what I do. It's effectively the same thing (I think).

bread's done
Back