* - - - - 1 votes

Paypal Digital Gift Card Security Issues / Hacked - Check Your Balances ASAP

Gift Cards

#61 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Just had a GameStop GC from late July that had $60 left on it get zero'd out, too.  Hate this breach nonsense.  Think I may just let it go, if eBay ever gets the $200 GC back to me.  Just be done with PPDG unless can convert it to physical in short order.  Deeply frustrating. :(

#62 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10185 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:09 PM

My BBY cards have been drained.

Heads up CAGs.

Edit: My cards were bought on 6/30, which was not affected by the first wave of balance clearing. I foolishly thought I was safe since my balance were ok last time people report clearings of cards bought in August.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

#63 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 PM

I think if anyone has purchased anything from PPDG before Sept 1st, you should probably check your balance as theres a big chance its zero'd and its probably a ton of vendors its not limited to BBY / GS / iTunes. I had a Sephora drained and I seen people talk about Staples and Officemax being drained as well on other forums.

#64 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I used an Outback GC from PPDG today from July just to get it out of the way, and finished off my three other GS GCs (~$15 total) just to avoid them being drained.  Think that's all the PPDG cards from before Sept. 1st for me.  On the good news side, eBay got back to me with the refunded eBay GC number from my August 8 BBY GCs being drained, so that's finally clear.  Think I'm done with trying to carry a lot of GCs from PPDGs, though, unless I can convert them to physical.  No more eBay bucks from it, and probably better for my finances anyway to do some belt tightening. (^_^)