PS Vita $100 clearance at WalMart (YMMV?)

JKSonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Sorry I don't have more info, I'll make this a Wiki so anybody can edit it if they find the SKU/etc to share with others.  I really didn't think much of it, since my Walmart never has good deals I sort of just figured this was probably common.  If I'm able to get back later and scan it I will.  Just wanted to put this up to make people aware.

I don't know for sure about model or anything, it says this one is available at my store though and it looks to be the same box...if I find out it's not I'll edit this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-Vita-Handheld-with-WiFi/44900449

Fruitland, MD Walmart had two in stock, as well as a $10 game clearance bin (though the only really noteworthy game I saw was Dishonored Definitive edition on PS4).

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the PSVita Borderlands bundle, SKU 36009510. $100.00.  Have fun kids!  Seems to be VERY YMMV.  

I saw that Borderlands bundle in Green at an even $100 a few minutes ago when I checked that store the OP mentioned, now it's back to $199.99.  Cannot get it to load back the results the way I had them earlier on brickseek.  

cUQ1MSm.jpg

It is the PSVita Borderlands bundle, SKU 36009510. $100.00. Have fun kids! Seems to be VERY YMMV.
Thanks! I'll check back today and see if indeed it is the Borderlands bundle, honestly though it looked like a normal non-bundle box to me. Need to go back and pick up apples anyway haha, will check it out and at least snap a photo of it.

I haven't even seen Vita systems in stock in months. Maybe a couple PSTV systems at the Walmart by my parents' place, but otherwise there's a handful of clearance games; systems and accessories are long-since gone.

So went back and at my store and I was right...wasn't the bundle... If it had been I probably would have scooped it up for sure.  Still tempting though...

29zwxdx.jpg

Damn I'm jealous. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I've been waiting for a good deal on a Vita so I can play FF games on the go.

A single store near me has "1 or less" but at  $199

Sucks bc this is the price I've been waiting for.  I'd def get it if I found one for $100.

This reminds me of that Target clearance from Dec 2014. They had the Assassins Creed white Vita bundle for $90 along with a bunch of other console bundles on clearance. Of course it was hard as hell to find. Luckily I found one on the last day and it didn't even show on brickseek.

I don't know if I'd even buy it for $100. Memory card prices are stupid, it barely has any games, and it wouldn't make that great of a profit at that price because no one is looking to buy a Vita.

I don't know if I'd even buy it for $100. Memory card prices are stupid, it barely has any games, and it wouldn't make that great of a profit at that price because no one is looking to buy a Vita.
I'd give you 101 + shipping. You make a honest buck.

Vita clearance was the past year for $150 or $20 for the now discontinued PSTV. Traditional retail outlets have been out of stock or had one floating around since last year. Supposedly warehouse restocks have been finished since March according to a reddit thread fanboys voted down.

Prices should actually go up outside of a system gathering dust at a random Walmart because a piracy exploit was found and any remaining new stock is guaranteed not to have the latest firmware.

Vita clearance was the past year for $150 or $20 for the now discontinued PSTV. Traditional retail outlets have been out of stock or had one floating around since last year. Supposedly warehouse restocks have been finished since March according to a reddit thread fanboys voted down.

Prices should actually go up outside of a system gathering dust at a random Walmart because a piracy exploit was found and any remaining new stock is guaranteed not to have the latest firmware.
^^ Totally agree. I've been monitoring prices for the Vita, and they've been going up for the last 6 months or so. On eBay they were as low as $120, then $150, and now they generally can't be found that cheap anymore. Amazon had them for ~$150 (3rd party sellers), now they're ~$170 ( again 3rd party sellers). Aqua Blue GS exclusive Vita consoles (NA region) are long gone and hard to find new anywhere. The system is not going to be blown out cheap in the future, it's just going to go up in price.

My Vita's got a wonky right thumbstick. It would probably just be cheaper to get another one than to have this one fixed... and hells no I won't be opening this one to do it myself.

^^ Totally agree. I've been monitoring prices for the Vita, and they've been going up for the last 6 months or so. On eBay they were as low as $120, then $150, and now they generally can't be found that cheap anymore. Amazon had them for ~$150 (3rd party sellers), now they're ~$170 ( again 3rd party sellers). Aqua Blue GS exclusive Vita consoles (NA region) are long gone and hard to find new anywhere. The system is not going to be blown out cheap in the future, it's just going to go up in price.
Any at 3.60 or lower firmware will end up high, but 3.61 stay at low price if you just want to play original vita games or remote play.

I managed to pick a few months ago used on ebay , just waited for the right time for some hack or value to go up on them , im happy i got em below $75

Any at 3.60 or lower firmware will end up high, but 3.61 stay at low price if you just want to play original vita games or remote play.
Only the Japanese region has a new Red and Silver color that would get the 3.61 update out of the box. The firmware update is only a month old.

I managed to pick a few months ago used on ebay , just waited for the right time for some hack or value to go up on them , im happy i got em below $75
Yeah that's a helluva find deal. I was kind of hoping stores would start clearing out their stock for $100 or so but looks like that isn't going to happen and I'd better just pay up the $170 average going rate now..

Thanks o.p. Couldnt find one locally but this really made me start thinking of getting another on ebay. Just cant believe so many people take such poor care of their vitas. I have so many games with psplus, would hate for mine to break and not have a backup

Thanks o.p. Couldnt find one locally but this really made me start thinking of getting another on ebay. Just cant believe so many people take such poor care of their vitas. I have so many games with psplus, would hate for mine to break and not have a backup
I foolishly didn't take advantage of the $120 new Vita consoles from rushhourwholesaler, ended up getting one from ordereasyas123 later for$150, plus I had GS credit to burn and got one from them (shipped from a WV GS store, lol). I also love the Aqua Blue Vita and got an extra from eBay, but that was $190 (NA version). I'm set on backup Vita systems now, no worries! 😀

Im looking at refurbs now just as a backup, dont care if they have some scuffs on the back or sides as long as the sticks are perfect amd screen is very near perfect. Also a bit worried about the battery not being great.

Wondering if its worth it to buy a refurb. $90 with shipping, no tax for the oled. Kind of want the slim to not have to worry about the old cable. Any input on the oled vs the slim, have the oled now

Yeah that's a helluva find deal. I was kind of hoping stores would start clearing out their stock for $100 or so but looks like that isn't going to happen and I'd better just pay up the $170 average going rate now..
Id reccomend to find some on ebay often , ive done searches on vita slims around 90-120 .

No problem, at first I didn't know if it was really a good deal or not since I haven't been following the Vita much... Hopefully at least somebody else can take advantage of it!

Wondering if its worth it to buy a refurb. $90 with shipping, no tax for the oled. Kind of want the slim to not have to worry about the old cable. Any input on the oled vs the slim, have the oled now
This question has been asked and debated so many times in the vita thread.

I own both (got them when they were cheaper months ago), personally I will pick the slim as it's much lighter for playing. The oled has more vibrant screen which everyone agrees, but it feels bulky once you have played with the slim and the screen of slim is not bad at all by itself.

The slim has been my everyday goto player. The oled has been kept purposely not updated, just before I wanted to sell it, henkaku came so it's now my experiment player.

$90 isn't a bad price these days for oled if it's at good condition, expect slim costs more.

The first thing I did to my phones, psp and vita were to put on a screen protector, they can be as cheap as $1 or 2 on ebay and they will do the job fine. While I'm looking for another one on ebay (so I don't need to switch card/re-format in switching regions), not to say finding one at 3.60 or lower, it's even not easy to find one in great condition without screen scratches.

I have a screen protector, did that not too long ago. I also have trigger grips. While some dont like them due to they kind of stick a bit sometimes (i feel a couple hours break in helps alot) i think they take the majority of the inpact on a fall. I like them alot, dont have much bulk and take a huge strain off my hands. I have 3 year olds that will grab it if left on a counter.

bread's done
Back