No Man's Sky $40 ($32 GCU) @ BB & $36ish @ AMZ / not prime exclusive

Is this game really as bad as some (well, now -- probably a lot) are stating via posts, etc. ???

[attachment=23974:sniff-sniff-i-smell-poop.jpg]

Is this game really as bad as some (well, now -- probably a lot) are stating via posts, etc. ???

attachicon.gif
sniff-sniff-i-smell-poop.jpg
I did just take a massive dump.

$20 or less for me on this one which I'm thinking it will be on BF.

This isn't worth more than $10, it should have launched at $20 and should be $10 by now. If you're dumb enough to pay $30-$40 for this game after millions of people expressed how unhappy they were with it, you're not doing this CAG thing right.
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of me wants to buy this but the other part of me knows I'll just end up hating the OP for telling me about it.

worth it at this price?
if you take it at face value, not really, if you listened to all the pre release hype, absolutely not. its very repetitive and the "every world is different" just means small variations to terrain and color. after an hour you will have seen everything there is to see. $15 on black friday would be a great price as i assume by then alot of the stuff that was promised for the game will actually be in the game.

[SNIP]...$15 on black friday would be a great price as i assume by then alot of the stuff that was promised for the game will actually be in the game.
Doubtful. Why would you assume that a company who couldn't even come close to delivering by launch will actually fix all the problems (which are many) in less than two months? It might happen, anything's possible, but odds are it just ain't going to happen. I don't even think they're doing basic patches anymore.

Doubtful. Why would you assume that a company who couldn't even come close to delivering by launch will actually fix all the problems (which are many) in less than two months? It might happen, anything's possible, but odds are it just ain't going to happen. I don't even think they're doing basic patches anymore.
1.9 or 1.09 patch, however they word it just came out last week, from what i understood, this was the final patch fixing problems and the next was going to start adding features. not that i believe everything that was promised would be added within a month and a half, but just from what i read it seems like some more will be added by then.

It hasn't changed all that much from launch. They appear to have fixed some spawn issues with animals, but it's still just "Keep these slowly declining meters full while gathering resources"

It's a $20 game overall. 

It has the potential to be a lot more with patches but the silence on Sean Murray's part is very telling. 

I kind of wish they did kind of an campaign-esque type storyline that ends with you finishing the hyper-drive before to explore different universe. 

Like the campaign could differ depending on which universe you begin and which primary sentient species occupied that universe (Gek, Korvax, Vy'keen). Add in the sentinel leading up to you trying to find The Atlas and bam exploring paradise awaits. 

I suppose that might have been too much work. 

I still say this should have been a PSVR game. 

I'll wait till it's either $15.99 or $11.99 w GCU. Then I'll play it for a week and never touch again.

It's a $20 game overall.

It has the potential to be a lot more with patches but the silence on Sean Murray's part is very telling.

I kind of wish they did kind of an campaign-esque type storyline that ends with you finishing the hyper-drive before to explore different universe.

Like the campaign could differ depending on which universe you begin and which primary sentient species occupied that universe (Gek, Korvax, Vy'keen). Add in the sentinel leading up to you trying to find The Atlas and bam exploring paradise awaits.

I suppose that might have been too much work.

I still say this should have been a PSVR game.
this is something that was promised prior to release, warring factions and basically more consequential interaction with the different species. i think that is one of the biggest things that made people so mad about the game is the factions have very little to do with the game.

1.9 or 1.09 patch, however they word it just came out last week, from what i understood, this was the final patch fixing problems and the next was going to start adding features. not that i believe everything that was promised would be added within a month and a half, but just from what i read it seems like some more will be added by then.
I'm not trying to argue with you, so apologies if this comes off as douchey, but thinking like that is why companies pull this junk in the first place. I completely understand that you're saying that you don't believe everything, but you also say that it "seems" more will be added. The problem is that given how poorly they've handled the release of this game, seeing new features any time soon, if at all, is extremely unlikely. This company hasn't earned that sort of hopeful trust. Don't give it to them.

So glad i sold my copy after the first week. Figured i would wait if and when they released content that would make it worth playing, and by then it would be selling for less than half what i bought it for. If i kept it, i woukd have stopped playing way before that content came out

I couldn't sell my copy for $20 the first week it came out so... :/ I didn't enjoy the game at all, terribly boring game about micro-managing 3 bars that drain constantly.

I'm not trying to argue with you, so apologies if this comes off as douchey, but thinking like that is why companies pull this junk in the first place. I completely understand that you're saying that you don't believe everything, but you also say that it "seems" more will be added. The problem is that given how poorly they've handled the release of this game, seeing new features any time soon, if at all, is extremely unlikely. This company hasn't earned that sort of hopeful trust. Don't give it to them.
that is a great point, i definitely wouldnt buy it if nothing else is added or before more is added. I just find it hard to believe they will abandon the game without at least attempting to make things right because at this point nobody will buy another game from this developer. I bought it at launch, basically because i had the 20% off from prime and another $15 off $150 on prime day, but even at $38 i felt ripped off as i was already bored with it the first week of release.

I was bored an hour in... didn't take a week. Maybe if I didn't spend half the time playing managing the draining bars it would be better.

I personally love it and don't regret one penny of the $60 I spent on it. I've probably dropped at least 30 hours into it so far and I'm only on my third solar system. For me, just the stress-free exploration and discovery is incredibly relaxing to me after a long work day.

But would I recommend it to a normal person at $60? Nope. The $20 range is probably all the fun a typical person will get out of it. I'm not blind to its shortcomings and the game's appeal is really only applies to a very small group of people.

For me, just the stress-free exploration and discovery is incredibly relaxing to me after a long work day.
I didn't find anything about having constantly draining bars you need to keep filling stress free and relaxing.

I bit into the hype my buddy was spitting on this one and got it on release day. Boy was that a bad idea.

The game is fun for what it is but it feels like there's not a whole lot of content here and it doesn't keep you interested very long. Things get stale quick. Flying onto a new planet the first time gives you a great feeling of exploration but that goes away after the second planet or so because they all seem the same.

I would have liked to see some more multiplayer features and building construction options. In my eyes, you should have been able to take your planet, build a civilization on it and have others players come to your planet for peace, war, just to visit, whatever. Then you can have conflicts between planets, trade routes, etc. Just a though.

Bottom line, I traded it in for $30 as soon as I got a chance. This one got way over hyped and, as others have said, should have released at $20. Good thing I only spent GameStop points on it and not cash.

I didn't find anything about having constantly draining bars you need to keep filling stress free and relaxing.
Yeah, I kinda wish there was some kinda free-play mode where you could just travel around and scan plants and animals. It's hard to enjoy the small amount of pleasure I had in this when my suit was constantly needing something or a fracking sentinel jumped in my line of fire while doing something.

I regret my puchase so much, game has stupid fucking small inventory and always running out of things you did have but your inventory was too small so u discarded. Have fun upgrading to get 2 or 4 more inventory slots.

Anyway F this game.

When I saw this game, I thought it was overpriced at $60.

$40 is still too much, should of come out at $40 or $30.

ratchet and clank was $40 and that was full game.

Won't buy this until it's $10-$20.

This game really wasn't on my radar at all until last minute hype that I bought into. The game is a very different experience and I applaud it for that. I played the game for less than a month trying to at least discover one of the "advertised" planets that looked really cool but quickly realized through all my findings and forums that we had been sold a lie. The screenshots and demos and promises of multiplayer they sold this game on are deceptive and they deserve every bit of flak dished out by angry fans. That part is justified in all the rants and complaints over the game.

However, what people fail to realize is this was sold as a space exploration game and to that end the game does deliver a unique experience.  You should only buy this game if you're positive you will enjoy flying from planet to planet as a lone space traveler. This is not a game for people that don't want a lonely, somewhat depressing experience because you will find barren and empty planets that offer little solace quite often. You will not be able to settle anywhere and create your own space or make your mark since the idea is to simply explore and enjoy the journey. This is a very niche game and will appeal more to the gamer that really only cares to fly around and explore virtual landscapes. Everything else in the game is tacked on in an effort for mass market appeal, but none of it is very good anyway.

I have a like new LE I'd sell to a CAG for $30 shipped. I mean, if misery and boredom are what you're into.
2 days after release I was offered $115 for my LE. Didn't sell it even though I knew I didn't like the game and would never play it again. Good god I am kicking myself now.

I have a like new LE I'd sell to a CAG for $30 shipped. I mean, if misery and boredom are what you're into.

2 days after release I was offered $115 for my LE. Didn't sell it even though I knew I didn't like the game and would never play it again. Good god I am kicking myself now.
If you keep the LE I think itll be worth alot in the future, the drama around this game will make it a collectors piece

Saw in another thread that the LE is actually an AWD for about $26 right now. LE codes probably redeemed but hey, steelbook and game for less than this price is pretty sweet. The box it comes in itself is currently displayed at home because we liked it so much.

bread's done
Back