Best Buy Black Friday PSA Reminder: GCU does NOT stack with gaming deals

PSA: Though it says this is the case, there is still the potential for it to still work. Best Buy is notorious for not updating the POS systems. 

It's like a hidden menu item, just whisper "GCU Please" and tickle the Best Buy employee under the armpit at checkout, they'll know what to do !

Comparing prices to the Target and Walmart ads, they are getting beat anyway. GCU would have at least made them be the same. They are scared of Amazon matching the GCU price, and people buying from Amazon instead...but now I, someone who would normally buy from BB, am going to buy from the other stores, or Amazon instead. Plus, Walmart will price match anything, and Amazon does a good job at updating their prices too. Luckily there isn't much I would buy anyway.

-and still hoping Arkham Collection and Ezio Collection go on sale somewhere, but that might be Christmas sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
True there is a chance they might not update, but its just a heads up just in case you are holding out and not buying...say Battlefield or Titanfall today from Target. 

God amongst men?! Why thank you kind sir!! Just thought I would help out those who aren't on this site constantly hitting the refresh button with their excessive free time :) 

BestBuy actually has "16 Black Friday Deals available now" sale going on....... And GCU works with Grand Theft Auto that is part of the sale. 

So there is still hope. 

BestBuy actually has "16 Black Friday Deals available now" sale going on....... And GCU works with Grand Theft Auto that is part of the sale.

So there is still hope.
Not really. GTA is on sale everywhere for $30 and it was on sale for the past 2 weeks I believe .

Don't get your hopes up. I HIGHLY doubt GCU will work on Black Friday. They are already going to be losing money that day so they aren't going mess that up and lose millions more.

How it will work for the early Elite sale is anyone's guess though. :pray:

Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad.
Maybe I'm wrong here, but Thanksgiving Day is not Black Friday, so GCU should still work on Black Friday???

Last edited by a moderator:
That's only certain WM stores that removed it. The majority still PM.
A good number of them also dropped it back in late August/early September. From what I saw, it looked like just about every store on the east coast and a solid chunk of the ones in the Midwest. If yours happened to dodge that, then enjoy it while you can.

Funny, when I posted this it got moved to Shopping Discussions, but this one gets tweeted by the CAG Twitter account.  #Jealous  #Epeengone

Shipping kills it
I know you're trying to be funny, but Best Buy has free shipping right now. I just ordered six Black Fridays off their website just now and it was free shipping. I really wish the GCU had worked though, Black Fridays have REALLY gotten expensive since they upgraded the OS and added the juicer sensor.

What's your guys' favorite Thanksgiving side?
7232.jpg

bread's done
Back