BUYER BEWARE - Amazon Shipping EU Versions to US Customers

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Others on here having same issue as I did.  Got Skyrim from BF for 25 - received it and it is the EU version. 

Happening with other games as well.  Means DLC compatibility, mod support, and patch compatibility are all questionable.  Also this really offends me as I only buy MERICAN.

Amazon is a clusterf*ck this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I KNOW!  I ORDERED SOME SPRITE THE OTHER DAY AND AMAZON SENT ME SAN PELLEGRINO LIMONATA INSTEAD!  THAT EURO VERSION SPRITE IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH MY BODY!

GnoBOcD.gif

Patches. DLC. Mods.
This is real, and not just from Black Friday. I got the UK version of Doom earlier this year from them when it was $20. Since I don't plan to buy DLC for it I didn't care, but it required a separate install from my rented Redbox install, which was a US disc.

I bought the Bloodborne guide months ago and the US version has a code to redeem the sweet rune dynamic theme...they sent the UK version which didnt include the free theme. I had to contact the guide publisher to get a code.

Others on here having same issue as I did. Got Skyrim from BF for 25 - received it and it is the EU version.

Happening with other games as well. Means DLC compatibility, mod support, and patch compatibility are all questionable.

Cluster fuck because they aren't 100% accurate 100% of the time? If this is what you consider a cluster fuck then I'd hate to see how you'd react to a real problem.

It's amazon, just contact their customer service and they will fix it. I don't see how this deserves it's own thread, especially in the section for DEALS.

This is pretty helpful actually.  I guess Skyrim orders are backordered until late Dec. 2016.  With return hassle, we'll all be playing Skryim in Jan. 2017.

Are you sure you didn't order from a third-party seller?

I swear, most people don't even realize that's a thing. They just smash dat buy button and don't even look at what they're buying.

You'll also not be able to trade it in to shops, or have a much harder time doing so.
fwiw, ive trade in several EU games without much problem. if i take them to best buy i remove the outer cover, but gamestop usually doesnt care, and for whatever reason it scans fine there. ironically if you tried trading it to amazon it would be instant rejection.

I'd usually be complaining this isn't a deal but actually good to know, especially considering that a some portion will be given as gifts.

That being said, serves you right for giving money to Amazon.

This is not a deal.  This is barely helpful to anyone.  Either A) people won't order from Amazon because of this (unlikely) or B) they will just have to find out when their package arrives.

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE AMAZON THREAD OR BF THREAD OR SOMEWHERE OTHER THEN THE "DEALS" THREAD.

I don't complain about every non-deal thread, but c'mon people.

my $212 xbox one s disagrees
Oh no doubt Amazon still has some killer deals/price. However customer service and price matching the worst it's ever been. Considered picking up a xbox one S. All prices have been great. and this is a great price. But if the price goes down any further good luck trying to price match...IMO this is probably as good as its going to get though.

The living room is lonely since most of the gaming moved into the game room. I play all xbox one games on PC. but I wouldn't playing classics on the one S every now and then. Blue Dragon is calling. Eh I know some retailers in my area who will let me PM today and tomorrow.

But Again I just mean amazon customer service has fallen off

Amazon is also actively defending this kind of behavior from third party sellers whose orders are being fulfilled by Amazon. They are deleting the negative reviews these companies receive. So that 100% positive rating you see for a seller might be completely false and full of negative reviews from people receiving EU copies of games.

If they are selling EU copies, they should be listed on the EU page. Plain and simple. Don't listen to the corporate shill idiots trying to make it out like it's no big deal.

Probably shouldn't be posted here though.

Got the EU version of Dishonored 2 yesterday. It was sold and shipped by Amazon. Has nothing to do with 3rd party sellers.

This is not a deal. This is barely helpful to anyone. Either A) people won't order from Amazon because of this (unlikely) or B) they will just have to find out when their package arrives.

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE AMAZON THREAD OR BF THREAD OR SOMEWHERE OTHER THEN THE "DEALS" THREAD.

I don't complain about every non-deal thread, but c'mon people.
Lol..I can't believe I still haven't been modded. Not really but yes.

Amazon is also actively defending this kind of behavior from third party sellers whose orders are being fulfilled by Amazon. They are deleting the negative reviews these companies receive. So that 100% positive rating you see for a seller might be completely false and full of negative reviews from people receiving EU copies of games.

If they are selling EU copies, they should be listed on the EU page. Plain and simple. Don't listen to the corporate shill idiots trying to make it out like it's no big deal.

Probably shouldn't be posted here though.
That's why I posted the link where people can make the proper complaint.

There are a few things about Amazon that the public doesn't understand. First, Amazon is huge, doing so much volume, that half the time they don't know there is a problem until enough people complain about it. The negative feedback is being crossed out by outsourced support reps in India, the Philippines, and Costa Rica solely on the basis that the games were sold through the FBA program, i.e. they were shipped from the Amazon warehouse instead of from somewhere else. Those support reps have no clue or understanding of this issue or why the negative feedback is valid. So people need to use the complaint form I linked to or leadership will never realize that there is an issue. Second, even if Amazon is selling these foreign versions themselves they will probably stop if enough people make a stink about it. Their number one mantra is customer service, but ignorance is bliss and as long as they aren't aware of a problem nothing will be done. It could be as simple as a category manager or similar telling their vendors no more foreign versions.

yeah I got sent a UK Dishonored 2 with a code I couldn't use and didn't even include the code for Dishonored 1. I'm getting a replacement tomorrow and talked to a rep last night about it. I'd be okay with just requesting a partial refund or something until people pointed out that a non-american version would be incompatible with any future US DLC.

the rep i talked to was super nice and seemed very intent on following up with me tomorrow night to make sure I got the right thing. if I don't, tbh I might just see if she'd be willing to swing for a digital copy or something instead. honestly, I hope people are making sure to let Amazon know this isn't okay so it doesn't happen in the future.

That's why I posted the link where people can make the proper complaint.

There are a few things about Amazon that the public doesn't understand. First, Amazon is huge, doing so much volume, that half the time they don't know there is a problem until enough people complain about it. The negative feedback is being crossed out by outsourced support reps in India, the Philippines, and Costa Rica solely on the basis that the games were sold through the FBA program, i.e. they were shipped from the Amazon warehouse instead of from somewhere else. Those support reps have no clue or understanding of this issue or why the negative feedback is valid. So people need to use the complaint form I linked to or leadership will never realize that there is an issue. Second, even if Amazon is selling these foreign versions themselves they will probably stop if enough people make a stink about it. Their number one mantra is customer service, but ignorance is bliss and as long as they aren't aware of a problem nothing will be done. It could be as simple as a category manager or similar telling their vendors no more foreign versions.
Yes, everyone who has received an EU copy should definitely use that link to complain about it. I contacted them a few days ago and explained that it was an unacceptable business practice. I was told that my feedback was passed on, but I don't have high hopes that the seller is going to have anything done against them.

But I'm going to complain again using that link.

EDIT: Or I was going to. I keep getting a service unavailable error when I try to send it.

Yes, everyone who has received an EU copy should definitely use that link to complain about it. I contacted them a few days ago and explained that it was an unacceptable business practice. I was told that my feedback was passed on, but I don't have high hopes that the seller is going to have anything done against them.

But I'm going to complain again using that link.

EDIT: Or I was going to. I keep getting a service unavailable error when I try to send it.
Shoot. That was the link that was provided for such issues in the past. If it's not functioning then people should just use regular customer service and be sure to explain WHY the product was unacceptable.

Just to elaborate on what I said before, the volume of sales on Amazon is so high that they use algorithms to know when there are potential problems. So if hundreds or thousands of the same product are returned the algorithm will flag it and then an actual human will investigate to figure out what's going on and whether they need to take some action. So the good news is that any returns or complaints will register. It would be best to include specific details so that the employee investigating will understand what the issue is.

Others on here having same issue as I did. Got Skyrim from BF for 25 - received it and it is the EU version.

Happening with other games as well. Means DLC compatibility, mod support, and patch compatibility are all questionable. Also this really offends me as I only buy MERICAN.

So you bought a console from a "Japanese corporation" manufactured probably in "China" and somehow you're offended because "you only buy Merican"... globalization can often be a tricky matter :joystick:

Are you guys sure it's the european versions and not canadian? Im pretty sure Canadian versions will work with DLC. I ordered a Dark Souls 3 PS4 game and they sent me a version with English and French. How do you know which region your disc is from? Is it on the UPC?

Are you guys sure it's the european versions and not canadian? Im pretty sure Canadian versions will work with DLC. I ordered a Dark Souls 3 PS4 game and they sent me a version with English and French. How do you know which region your disc is from? Is it on the UPC?
Canada is region 1, same as US, so you should be fine as regards DLC. Only issue I know would be possibility of different artwork or other details that a collector may care about. (Zelda Ocarina of Time, for instance, Canadian version has multicolor cover art with a horse running instead of the usual gold cover). Also, not sure whether you can trade/sell Canadian copies to US retailers, maybe someone else can comment. Europe/UK is region 2, hence the problem with DLC.

bread's done
Back