Gamestop/Amazon: Final Fantasy XV XB1/PS4 $39.99

I received an e-mail that says "save 50% on Final Fantasy XV." Check the price and it shows $34.99. Math is hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to get a refund for the difference? I got it for $48 a few weeks ago.
From Amazon? You can try contacting their online chat and asking there. I had something similar happen to me when I bought my Fire TV this year then the price dropped by about $15 about two weeks later and I was refunded the difference.

I snagged the $30 Newegg deal before launch and this is a good deal for those who missed out on that or the MS store deal. Im not huge on any of the newer FF games, but am a huge fan of 3 and 7-10. This game has a lot of the charm of the earlier games and its pretty fun in its own right. Definitely a new direction for the series, but I can dig it.

Wished they made a sale on the deluxe edition too. Hopefully bby does it next week so i canprice adjust

Just noticed from the sticky posts on the site that BBy will ffxv for 39.99 next week. With GCU itl be 31.99. Better deal than amazons. Hehe! So hope not alot of people fall for this trap today.

Really hoping the deluxe edition gets a discount to so i can get some of my money back.

So is this a common thing? Wait a month past a game's release date and it suddenly gets slashed by $25/30? This didn't just happen to FF15 but with every single new release so far. 

Stole this from Neogaf and it only works if you have Amazon prime.

Get a free 2 month subscription for Audible on Groupon.
Activate it and sign in to your Amazon account on the audible website.
You should get an email for $25 free Amazon credit.

Got the game for $10.

Got the game for $10.
That makes this even more tempting. So does my backlog win or my desire to get a steal of a deal?

Got the game for $10.
Thanks for this. I didn't use the credit on Final Fantasy, but used it to get Rise of the Tomb Raider for $5.

Thanks for this. I didn't use the credit on Final Fantasy, but used it to get Rise of the Tomb Raider for $5.
DAAAAMM. What would my life been if I never heard of CAG.

I saved tons of money because of this site.

Combined this promotion with the $5 assistant to make a $30 discount

Someone mentioned this will be 31.99 at Best Buy next week...is that an announced deal or assumption? I had zero interest in tryinng this new FF game but was about to snap at this price for the hell of it but if I can get it even cheaper next week I'll wait. (or just convince myself to stay with my instincts and not get it at all as planned)

Someone mentioned this will be 31.99 at Best Buy next week...is that an announced deal or assumption? I had zero interest in tryinng this new FF game but was about to snap at this price for the hell of it but if I can get it even cheaper next week I'll wait. (or just convince myself to stay with my instincts and not get it at all as planned)
That's after GCU discount

I was able to get this for $25 after using the $10 Amazon Prime Now discount.  Excellent price for a 3 week old game

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP, TheGreenArrow, and Richard B Riddick.

DoTD price is 34.99
Combined the Audible Promo for 25 off
Combined the Amazon Assistant for 5 off

Paid $5.44 with tax and did No Rush shipping to get $5 credit for Pantry (which I use all the time).

Game was essentially $0.44... crazy.  Thanks CAG.

Got the game for $10.
Just curious, are you able to cancel at anytime and not be penalized for it? Like, could I cancel later today and still keep the $25 Amazon credit? I'm sorry if this question has a rather obvious answer, I just want to make sure.

Just curious, are you able to cancel at anytime and not be penalized for it? Like, could I cancel later today and still keep the $25 Amazon credit? I'm sorry if this question has a rather obvious answer, I just want to make sure.
YES

I grabbed FFXV and Watch Dogs 2, and received an email like 5 minutes later saying that my order was cancelled because of blah blah. I was pissed. But then I ordered just watch dogs 2 gold edition for a total of $46.xx after tax. so basically if you cancel the order or amazon cancel it you still able to use the $25 promotion.

YES

I grabbed FFXV and Watch Dogs 2, and received an email like 5 minutes later saying that my order was cancelled because of blah blah. I was pissed. But then I ordered just watch dogs 2 gold edition for a total of $46.xx after tax. so basically if you cancel the order or amazon cancel it you still able to use the $25 promotion.
That's good to hear, thank you!

I tried to do the $25 credit and received no email. No one said you needed prime so I think that was it. I ended up getting free student prime for some reason at check out even though I am pretty sure I used that 6 months already.

I had a chat with a amazon rep and asked about getting it even though I signed up for prime after I already subscribed to audible gold. she said I would be getting the promo credit and that she said she sent some request to amazon promotions or something to credit me. That was over an hour ago and still nothing. I don't think I will be getting the credit.

I tried to do the $25 credit and received no email. No one said you needed prime so I think that was it. I ended up getting free student prime for some reason at check out even though I am pretty sure I used that 6 months already.

I had a chat with a amazon rep and asked about getting it even though I signed up for prime after I already subscribed to audible gold. she said I would be getting the promo credit and that she said she sent some request to amazon promotions or something to credit me. That was over an hour ago and still nothing. I don't think I will be getting the credit.
I mentioned that you need prime in my first post. Let us know if you get the credit though! Would be cool.

Got the game for $10.
Thanks. I got the credit even though I did the Audible $10 GC last time.

Going to use my $25 on something else, and cancel Audible immediately. I do think you are right about the PRIME requirement. As a rule of thumb, it is safe to assume everything Amazon related requires PRIME.

I still suggest you do avoid such a scenario. Amazon is very responsive company, and promo credit policies may change any time. So best course of action is just to place the order and leave it there.

This promo-combo made me a happy gamer and CAG member. Thanks for the info!

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP, TheGreenArrow, and Richard B Riddick.

DoTD price is 34.99
Combined the Audible Promo for 25 off
Combined the Amazon Assistant for 5 off

Paid $5.44 with tax and did No Rush shipping to get $5 credit for Pantry (which I use all the time).

Game was essentially $0.44... crazy. Thanks CAG.

bread's done
Back