* * * * - 4 votes

Assassin's Creed Unity (X1) $0.69 via CDKeys

#31 FarCry3r  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

They still didn't fix the most egregious issue: the game's set in revolutionary France but everyone has a British accent. Wtf? Ubisoft is a French company so they should know better than anyone. Maybe they were able to get a discount on the voice actors since they would need British actors for Syndicate.

Maybe not enough English speaking French VA?

#32 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:02 AM

French accent often seems pretentious to me and probably other English speaking ears.  Maybe it was to prevent annoyance at listening to it for hours and hours.  Totally random theory.  *shrugs*

Of course, we'll probably have English accents in Egypt this year, too. :lol:

#33 firecracker22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

firecracker22

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:28 AM

Thanks OP. I've played all of the AC games up to Black Flag...and always knew I'd get Unity when it hit my price mark. Didn't ever think I'd get it at this far below the mark I had in mind, though. I'd buy and play even a bad game at this price. Thanks.

#34 Troe123  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

They still didn't fix the most egregious issue: the game's set in revolutionary France but everyone has a British accent. Wtf? Ubisoft is a French company so they should know better than anyone. Maybe they were able to get a discount on the voice actors since they would need British actors for Syndicate.

The video game version of Les Miserables.

#35 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

The video game version of Les Miserables.

tumblr_m53xdcdCny1qjq4cp.gif

#36 ghost1914  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

Wish these would hit this price for psn one day lol. Already played but at this price I would love to just own it digitally for that time I felt lik going back to play again

#37 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4356 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

only really played the first assassins creed buy figured for this price I may as well grab it

#38 Hiro0015   Banned Banned   305 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Hiro0015

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:02 AM

Bought this a couple of weeks ago... And hated it. Last AC game I played was 3, which was just bland. Best Buy had Syndicate on sale a couple of days later, and after reading reviews online, decided to buy it... Still haven't stopped playing it =)

#39 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

Bought, thanks OP.

#40 FarCry3r  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Bought this a couple of weeks ago... And hated it. Last AC game I played was 3, which was just bland. Best Buy had Syndicate on sale a couple of days later, and after reading reviews online, decided to buy it... Still haven't stopped playing it =)

Imo, the worst AC is 3. Runner up would be ACR (just boring). ACU is not that bad, but their coop sucks really bad. Lags, glitches and disconnections are common.

#41 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

Imo, the worst AC is 3. Runner up would be ACR (just boring). ACU is not that bad, but their coop sucks really bad. Lags, glitches and disconnections are common.

My biggest issue with Unity was the unforgivable bugs and glitches at launch. Mechanically it was huge leaps forward and a lot of fun to play, when it worked. The modern day story was pointless, but they made the entire story pointless with the ending anyway. Only meaningful part of the story was the tie in with Rogue.

Unity was easily the biggest disappointment for me in the AC series, Revelation was really boring as well, which made me sad as I loved Ezio.

Syndicate was fantastic. Mechanically sound, fun to play, nice variety, and at least relevant modern day story.

#42 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

I actually preferred Unity to Syndicate. I just did not get into the last one.

#43 appleseed127   Banned Banned   503 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

appleseed127

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

Went up .30 cents. Still not a bad price. This game isn't as bad as it was at launch. I really enjoyed the setting when I played it a couple of months ago.

#44 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

How long do they usually take to email you? I registered an account to buy this and half an hour after placing the order still nothing.

And yes, nothing in my spam folder either.

EDIT: Got it.

#45 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

Thanks OP.  Picked up Master Chief Collection also for $10.58 total.

Also noticed they have 24 month Xbox Live for $58.

#46 Solh0und   King of the backlog CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Solh0und

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

Thanks OP.  Picked up Master Chief Collection also for $10.58 total.

Noticed that as well and snagged it while I had the chance. Was a little upset when MS pulled it from the Black Friday sale but this makes up for that.

#47 FarCry3r  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:48 AM

My biggest issue with Unity was the unforgivable bugs and glitches at launch. Mechanically it was huge leaps forward and a lot of fun to play, when it worked. The modern day story was pointless, but they made the entire story pointless with the ending anyway. Only meaningful part of the story was the tie in with Rogue.

Unity was easily the biggest disappointment for me in the AC series, Revelation was really boring as well, which made me sad as I loved Ezio.

Syndicate was fantastic. Mechanically sound, fun to play, nice variety, and at least relevant modern day story.

Yeah man. I bought the ACU/AC4BF bundle for $15 around launch. Finished AC4BF and felt reeeeally great. Started ACU short after and I can't even finish the tutorial due to bugs. It's either I can't move to objective, enemies stop moving, or the game simply crashes. I gave up after a couple of tries. Only few months ago I started playing again since a friend wanted to do the coop missions and it's not bad. SP bugs are mostly squished, and it's been smooth. I just wish the game would flow faster like AC4BF.

#48 PhyziX   CAG Dad CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

HELP!!! It wont let me use any of my three debit cards any advice?

#49 PhyziX   CAG Dad CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

HELP!!! I cant seem to purchase it, it wont accept any of my three cards, makes no sense cuz I buy online all the time.. any fix or advice?

#50 appleseed127   Banned Banned   503 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

appleseed127

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:18 AM

HELP!!! I cant seem to purchase it, it wont accept any of my three cards, makes no sense cuz I buy online all the time.. any fix or advice?

Try PayPal if you can. I just bought maybe 2 hours ago and got my codes right away.

#51 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Yeah man. I bought the ACU/AC4BF bundle for $15 around launch. Finished AC4BF and felt reeeeally great. Started ACU short after and I can't even finish the tutorial due to bugs. It's either I can't move to objective, enemies stop moving, or the game simply crashes. I gave up after a couple of tries. Only few months ago I started playing again since a friend wanted to do the coop missions and it's not bad. SP bugs are mostly squished, and it's been smooth. I just wish the game would flow faster like AC4BF.

Most of the bugs are gone, so it is playable, but the story being pointless really turned me off. For a annual franchise of similar gameplay, gotta have a story that is worth something, otherwise what is the point.

If you loved Black Flag, give Rogue a shot. Has a neat tie in to Unity, which is a shame as Rogue was never ported.

#52 FarCry3r  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Most of the bugs are gone, so it is playable, but the story being pointless really turned me off. For a annual franchise of similar gameplay, gotta have a story that is worth something, otherwise what is the point.

If you loved Black Flag, give Rogue a shot. Has a neat tie in to Unity, which is a shame as Rogue was never ported.

I'm waiting for Rogue to be on BC, if ever since I no longer have my 360.

#53 ew0k5an0nomi5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ew0k5an0nomi5

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

I'm waiting for Rogue to be on BC, if ever since I no longer have my 360.

If the Ezio Collection sells well, I think they will port Rogue. 

#54 Solh0und   King of the backlog CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Solh0und

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

The irony of these two games being pretty dang cheap is that these two were pretty dang broken at launch in the exact same year. Now we can play them in their much needed patched condition.

#55 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4486 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

If the Ezio Collection sells well, I think they will port Rogue.

I think they'll port it anyway.

#56 FarCry3r  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

If the Ezio Collection sells well, I think they will port Rogue.

Not sure it will though, not at that price. I will bite if the price is $30, or lower during last sale.

#57 gd224  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

I bought the PS4 version at Five Below for $5 a few days ago. Still never opened it and not sure if I will seeing as I liked Syndicate more.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#58 tdog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

I paid with PayPal and got an error message on the checkout screen so I tried a second time...same error message. Checked my email and got 6 codes sent to me and 2 emails from PayPal that I was charged $1.89 twice. I got 6 codes for $3.78. Good deal.

#59 PMSVazzy   CAG Scroller CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

First time ever using cdkeys. Very simple. Thank you!

#60 RedRose   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

hello nothing like this but for ps4?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk