Any one get rid of games and then regretted it later??

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I had a copy of Vay for Sega CD and for reasons I still can't figure out, I traded it away. I traded away Shining in the Darkness for Genesis. I also had Mega Man X2, and Mega Man X3 for SNES and traded both of those away too. I even had Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 for Saturn and traded them. I was such an idiot.

Traded my broken genesis and about 15-10 games and 3 controllers for a refurbished Sega Saturn that game with 3 games. Although i did like my saturn, I regret doing it to this day.

Several years ago I bought Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for PSX. This was back when it first came out over here, before DBZ became so huge in the States.

The game was so unbelievably bad I BSed to Toys 'R Us telling them it was defective so they'd take it back. From that standpoint, getting my $50 back on a spectacularly bad game, I don't regret it. From the standpoint that a few years later it was selling on eBay for $250 at Christmas, I do.

Oh most definite....I sold Chrono Trigger for the SNES for $20. It had everything too, the box, instruction manual, and even teh strategy guide. I couldn't have gotten so much more later on...

I had a mint copy of Suikoden I. Now I know there are people who have never played it and those who would say it sucked based on graphics...but it was my first RPG and a truly great game. I bought it based on looks and ended up loving an entire genre because of it...I still regret trading it away.

I have traded in every game that i have ever bought, mainly because i was a dumb kid that wasn't able to afford to pay full for new ones, i really feel bad for not keeping my N64, genesis, the addon thing that made it have better graphics, playstation, dreamcast, ect. The only thing i still have is my limited edition ice blue gameboy, and the box too :)

The only time I ever got rid of any games is when my little brother got a SNES and we agreed to trade in my nintendo and our games, 113 between the two of us, for a genesis, a few games for it, and a couple of SNES games. At the time, the only store taking trades was an indy store where the owner was a known rip off artist, and was the center of several lawsuits by angry parents. We traded the NES, the games, and a ton of accessories and got a new genesis with sonic, four other used genesis games, and three SNES games. I regretted it as soon as I got home, and am proud to say, that I have managed to get almost every one of those NES games again over the last 12 years.

I had an atari jaguar, in the box, with a ton of good games, in the boxes, AVP, Ruiner Pinball, Cybermorph, some skiing game, and like four others. Gave it up for like $60 on ebay. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

I had a copy of Lunar 1 and Lunar 2 for Sega CD and sold them when I was younger, that was so stupid of me wished I still had them

Oh yeah. Without a doubt. As a kid, I used to have:
  • an Atari 2600 with like 20 games
  • some old pinball machine (the whole arcade-sized machine that you stand infront of)
  • probably 3 or 4 of the old Nintendo Game & Watch (those old rectangular things with red buttons, like the first GameBoy, remember those?)
  • some mini-arcade-style handhelds: Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong (they were about a foot tall and looked like real arcade machines, but you could hold them in your hand)
  • the original Nintendo system with a handful of games, and the incredibly fun light gun
  • my old record (vinyl) collection, because CDs were the new thing
Never again will I trade any of that stuff in or sell it. Because sometime down the road, you will find yourself wanting it again (even though at the time you don't think you will ever want it again) and you're gonna have to shell out big bucks for it then.

My parents threw most of these away ... like at the dump, gone, trash (I guess they thought I grew out of it, so I didn't want them anymore). Except for the record collection, that was my stupid ass.

* Funny, I was just about to start a topic like this, because of TomCloud9's "Do you have a friend that is a out of control gamer" poll.

Project Overkill for the PS1

I played the hell outta that game when I first got it.
I don't even know what I traded it in for, but I went to my local Funcoland yesterday and bought it used for $2,99.

I regret selling my Sega CDX and Neo Geo Gold home system. I have no explanation as to why I sold my CDX. I sold my Neo Geo due to the extreme cost of the games ($80-250 each). Now you can find Neo Geo games much cheaper of course. I have Neo Geo again, but this time in the MVS format (arcade). Game are much cheaper going this route. But from a collector's standpoint, I still wish I never sold my Gold system. :(

I sold my Sega Master System to buy a NES, which I wish I never did. Ah well, I was a kid back then, it'll never happen again. But how I miss Alex Kid in Miracle World.

Just one regret. I broke my old SNES (she gave me a lot of good years, but I gave her one round of FFVI too many).

I traded her in with all my games (from what I recall, PilotWings, FFVI, UN Squadron, Super Mario World, Breath of Fire 2, and one other), two controllers, and the assorted cords.

I really wish I kept FF. Sigh. I got the FF Anthology CD so it's all-good (though the loading times nad transition screens piss me off).

The announcement of Nintendo's second two screen system (the Nintendo DS) has made me miss getting rid of my Virtual Boy....
What i wouldnt give to get that thing back....

My eyes still hurt.... but man.... i just cant resist the urge to get one again..

What games don't I regret selling? From 2001 on, I have refused to ever trade/sell games unless I have duplicates. The following is a listing of games I bought new at retail and later traded away, returned, or sold for credit later on:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (SEGA Saturn)
Burning Rangers (SEGA Saturn)
Snatcher (SEGA CD)
Vay (SEGA CD)
Lunar 1 (SEGA CD)
Terminator (SEGA CD)
Robby the Robot (NES)
House of the Dead (SEGA Saturn)
Magic Knight Rayearth (SEGA Saturn)
Mysteria (SEGA Saturn)

That is the "short" list. Fortunately, I have bought back every single one of those games (sole exception being House of the Dead) on eBay or through liquidators. Unfortunately, I paid about 4-5x what I initially paid for all of those games, now in used (but still very good) condition.

I will never trade away or sell another game for the rest of my life. It is simply not worth it.

Damn I hate it doing this, but at one time I had all the 4 variations of Lunar Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue for Sega Cd (fanboy), I also got rid of my Turbo Graphx 16 portable system, and Dragon Warrior 1,2,3 and 4. Fortunately I got all my stuff back years later,. The only thing I don't have back that I traded away that I shouldn't ever have was a copy of Dragon Force 2 for the Sega Saturn.

Grandia 2 for my DC. Great game, but i think i was trying to get Sonic Adventures 2 on GC.

Oops

Anyways, ive since gottenback. But man, that game is just too good to let go of

Before I really started exploring the Internet [and found Ebay], I let Snatcher, Vay, Lunar, Popful Mail, and Herzog Zwei go for like 20-30 bucks each through a *.forsale or *.arketplace posting. And then needed quick cash, so I sold my Saturn and like five games for about 120 bucks [this was still when it was alive.]
I don't have too much interest in replaying those games [although I did replay Lunar:TSSSC when it came out on PSX, and I restarted Popful Mail a little while ago after hooking up the Gen/CD/32x monstrosity], but I would have liked to have taken advantage of the after-market demand for those games.
[I later found another copy of Popful Mail for like 8 bucks, so I still have that one.]
I did trade, then buy again, FFVII and Final Fantasy Tactics to replay.
And agreed, Grandia 2 is excellent.

Back in 1997 I sold my entire collection of SNES games. Chrono trigger, Final Fantasy 3, Mickey's Magical Quest, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Rock n Roll Racing, SMW 2: Yoshi's island, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Contra 3, Castlevania 4 etc.

I regret doing so.

I have bought some of those games again, I also bought Rock n Roll Racing for the GBA.

I still have a long way to go.

:cry:

I feel so sick.

Three months back I sold my complete copy of Splatterhouse 3 on Ebay for $18.00. I check today to see what it's going for now and one auction is already at $83.00 and another is at $27.00 with 5 days left in the auction.

Shoot me. :(

Back in my younger days, I traded my copy of Rygar (NES) for Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Not a bad trade, but I really missed Rygar. I picked up a used copy of it not too long ago, just to have it back.

The dumbest thing I probably ever did was for my birthday one year. I kept hinting at my mom that I wanted Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle for my birthday. I guess she got sick of my hinting one day, so she sat me down at the kitchen table, and showed me that she had already gotten me Mega Man and Castlevania for my birthday. She said if I wanted Bugs Bunny, I'd have to return MM and CV. Almost without hesitation, I said ok. Now, I keep Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle around as a reminder to not make stupid decisions like that ever again. (I did eventually get MM and CV, but it was still a real stupid decision in the first place.)

[quote name='jetblac']Coleco Vision : Smurfs[/quote]

amazing game

i loved the music, one of the few coleco games i likes ( iwas always a 2600 fan)

bread's done
Back