Heroes of the Storm Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch skins) / Post your battlenet id!

captbrannigan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
HotS is a F2P MOBA for PC with rotating heroes from Blizzard properties, and you can unlock heroes permanently either through gameplay or the cash shop.

GET 20 HEROES FREE!
Receive enough gems for a Mega Bundle just by logging in!
Megabundle Details
Whether you're a grizzled MOBA veteran, or you're not quite sure what "mid lane" even means, Mega Bundles make it easier than ever to dive head-first into the Nexus!

Each bundle contains 20 Heroes, and has its own unique theme. The best part? We're giving you enough free gems to unlock the Mega Bundle of your choice once Heroes of the Storm 2.0 goes live in your region after April 25!

Check out the Mega Bundles below to get a feel for which playstyle will suit you best, then take our quiz if you're still not sure which bundle is right for you.

**Limited time offer. Mega Bundles will be available following the launch of Heroes of the Storm 2.0 in your region, lasting until May 22, 2017. All players who log in to Heroes of the Storm during that timeframe will automatically receive 100 Gems, which can be used to permanently unlock one (1) Mega Bundle of their choosing. Choose wisely! Once you have unlocked one of the four Mega Bundles described above, the other three will become unavailable.

The Nexus Challenge event is a tie-in event between Overwatch and HotS. You can link your PSN and/or XBL accounts to unlock rewards on those platforms if you wish.

Share your battlenet ids here to find friends to group with. Make sure to include the #s at the end, as you can have duplicate names.

Cptbrannigan#11439

Nexus Challenge 2. 0
Play Heroes of the Storm with a friend to earn sweet rewards in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.

After Heroes of the Storm 2.0 goes live in your region, a new Quest will unlock each week. Quests must be completed in order, and only one can be active at any given time. All 4 Quests remain open until May 22.

PLAY OVERWATCH ON CONSOLE?
You will need to link your Heroes Blizzard account with your console Overwatch account to earn rewards. (Log into Battle.net and go to Account Management > Security Options > Connected Accounts.)

Quest 1
Opens Week of April 24
Play 5 games with a friend in Versus A.I., Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked.

Heroes Rewards: Orochi Hovercycle Mount (6 color variations), Oni Genji Warbanner, Oni Spray, Oni Genji Portrait

Overwatch Rewards: Oni Genji Skin, Oni Genji Player Icon, Oni Genji Spray

Quest 2
Opens Week of May 1
After completing Quest 1, play 5 games with a friend in Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked.

Heroes Rewards: Busan Police Hovercycle Mount

Overwatch Rewards: Officer D.Va Skin

Quest 3
Opens Week of May 8
After completing Quest 2, play 5 games with a friend in Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked.

Heroes Rewards: Overwatch Nexagon Mount, Officer D.Va Banner, Badge Spray, Officer D.Va Portrait

Overwatch Rewards: Officer D.Va Spray, Officer D.Va Player Icon

Quest 4
Opens Week of May 15
After completing Quest 3, play 5 games with a friend in Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked.

Heroes Rewards: 10 Loot Chests

Overwatch Rewards: 10 Loot Chests

Get all the loot you can by May 22nd. It's time to grab all of this sweet loot!..

Last edited by a moderator:
Before anyone says anything, this is super useful since I need to get these damn weekly games in.

Battle ID is Superswanton#1393

When does 'Week 1' start/end?
Not 100% sure but I believe it started on the 25th. I was told that rewards stack. So if you don't get 5 games in during week 1, then you'll get the week 1 rewards during week 2 once you have 5 games in and then week 2 rewards once you play 5 more games.

My battletag is braiiins#1680. I may have the number wrong, it could be #1860.

Only blizzard can get away with letting you unlock stuff in 1 game while playing another.. 

If EA did this there would be riots.

As I understand it, Week 1 just started, but the whole program ends on May 22. Once you start week 1, you technically have the rest of the time to finish it, it doesn't lock out until 22nd. You could wait til the last couple of days and do all four weeks consecutively. If you've already completed week one, you do have to wait for week 2 to open.

Only blizzard can get away with letting you unlock stuff in 1 game while playing another..

Ubisoft does this in their newer games. You can unlock special cosmetics in one game for playing a different one of their games. EA also kind of does it but only games in the same series, you can unlock stuff in Battlefield by playing the older games. I'm pretty sure there was a live event for unlocking a melee weapon or something in BF1 for getting certain types of kills in Hardline before a specific date.

562562_zpsfs7dtqqw.gif

Once again Nintendo is leading the innovation as they were doing this back during the GameCube era.

Guess I don't need to play it that badly, I'm fine with waiting.

Jeff Kaplan - Game Director "Oni Genji and Officer D.Va will be added to the base game in the future"

We completely understand that there are some players who do not own or have access to a PC to play Heroes of the Storm. Because of this, we plan to add both the Oni Genji skin and the Officer D.Va skin to the normal, base Overwatch loot box at some point in the future.

With that said, I still encourage anyone with access to a PC to play the Nexus Challenge. Heroes of the Storm is an amazing game and you'll unlock those skins for free and before anyone else.
Did they? I'm guessing GBA/Cube ?
Yes with Metroid Prime / Metroid Fusion having the unlockables of playing the original NES Metroid game and the Fusion Suit for Samus to use for Metroid Prime. A neat feature for it's time, too bad you needed so many damn things just to get it.

Updated OP with links and more details. Note that only Week 1 rewards can be earned by playing against AI.

downloading to see if this pc can handle it.  Want that D.VA

battle tag :   dualrec#1865

I got the Genji items when the event began, then I completed a daily challenge today just because I started to enjoy the game near the end of my five matches.

I used my 100 currency to get the Assassin bundle. It was a toss up between that one and the Tanks & Bruisers bundle. I passed on the Tanks & Bruisers because I got Muradin when I started the game, and I got Thrall from a loot box. So I would only get 18 new characters from that bundle. Plus, the Assassin bundle has Tracer.

nitromob - nitromob#1510

I'll be available likely past 7 pm MST on Friday and most days. I need 3 more games for the first award and would rather not do it with people throwing games like I got matched with. I'd rather play even if I really am not liking HotS too much honestly. It feels super shallow, but i'm sure I'm just not realizing it's awesomeness so far.

I was told that rewards stack. So if you don't get 5 games in during week 1, then you'll get the week 1 rewards during week 2 once you have 5 games in and then week 2 rewards once you play 5 more games.
Sounds like that might work. I'd still recommend trying to get your five each week rather than risk it.

After Heroes of the Storm 2.0 goes live in your region, a new Quest will unlock each week. Quests must be completed in order, and only one can be active at any given time. All 4 Quests remain open until May 22.
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/nexuschallenge20/

hots updates every Tuesday also to make things easier just log in game type /join lfg did that first day an their was 130 ppl in that channel right as game sever came up was able do it easy.

quest 2 opens may 1

quest 3 opens may 8

quest 4 opens may 15

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/nexuschallenge20/

I played the first tutorial yesterday and was really good because I was the MVP of the tutorial, but this just felt like typical Blizzard stuff.  Looked like WOW (but everything they make looks the same) and played like WOW, but obviously in MOBA mode.  It was fine, but nothing felt much different than any other MOBA I've played.  Got my Assassin pack though just in case I do ever get into it or peer pressured into it.  

I was actually surprised how much I liked this. Never liked MOBAs really. Played DOTA2 for a bit, couldn't get into LOL or Smite and just figured this game would be the same. I was definitely wrong though...

Played for a couple hours last night and woke up today wanting to play more again tonight.

Feels much more team centric than LOL in particular which I appreciate and the characters are all really fun.

nitromob - nitromob#1510

I'll be available likely past 7 pm MST on Friday and most days. I need 3 more games for the first award and would rather not do it with people throwing games like I got matched with. I'd rather play even if I really am not liking HotS too much honestly. It feels super shallow, but i'm sure I'm just not realizing it's awesomeness so far.
No, that's its entire appeal. It's meant to be simple, essentially Baby's First MOBA.

It's fine for that, but I found it to get boring pretty quickly. It has a lot more characters now, though, so at least that adds some depth.

Also I have this installed now, so p much anytime I'm online on battle.net I'm available.

NerfThis#11856

I already did this week's but I'll be playing next week for dat D.Va skin. Fair warning, I have no idea how to play this game.

FunkyPants#134709

It was my randomly generated name, and I'm rolling with it.

I earned three loot boxes yesterday, and I got two more heroes in them. One of them was from the Bruisers & Tanks bundle, so I'm really glad I went with the Assassin bundle. From my first six loot boxes I got three heroes.

Collecting stuff can be a bit addictive.

grouping up with friends here is fine, but I've found that once you launch HoTS, you're quickly spammed with friend and game requests by the tons of people trying to do this. So I wouldn't worry too much about finding a group before you go in. Unless yo want to play and chat with friends.

grouping up with friends here is fine, but I've found that once you launch HoTS, you're quickly spammed with friend and game requests by the tons of people trying to do this. So I wouldn't worry too much about finding a group before you go in. Unless yo want to play and chat with friends.
There's a checkbox for "looking for group", maybe you hit it? This is my main game and I can't remember ever getting a random invite.

I'll be on this evening after WCPW and don't mind helping out some new players. If you want to watch, every Friday-Sunday the pro league plays. Korea, then Europe, then USA on their Twitch channel.

My two tips are "play the objective" and "coordinate with your team". I like this game because you level together and don't have to farm individually.

​I would say the common first impression is that HotS is "simple" because there are no items and no last-hitting and experience is shared. The fact that LoL and DotA have the opposite characteristics are simply just because of the original Warcraft 3 engine which the original Dota was created in (which of course ended up being a huge part of the game, but I don't agree that they are "necessary" for a moba).

In HotS, there is a level of complexity in the talents that you get and synergizing with your teammates. Not to mention countering the talents of your opponents as well as catering to the specific map that you are playing on. Which brings me to the biggest difference in the game is that there's more than one map!

fivexfive is my battlenet ID

Would love to do this to score that skin!
Don't forget the #whatevernumber after that.

Also I'm available right now for a few games if anyone is up for it. Message me on B.net after adding my friend id previously posted.

Though I'm in the "never played a MOBA before" crowd, the game looks fun. DL now!

must...resist playing...so...can...finish...homework!

*fails*

XD

sleepyshaman#14147

Will be adding  CAG'ers to FL later, still reading up on the 20-character packs.

bread's done
Back