- - - - -

Horizon Zero Dawn - no discussion thread?

#31 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

So I finally started playing this and holy crap it's great.  There seems to be so much to do.  I'm 14 hours in according to my save file and I just cleared out 3 camps - I think the mission was called Revenge of the Nora.  Over 2/3 of the map is covered in clouds and there are roughly a million icons all over the place.  So this is going to be a 100 hour game for me at least.

I don't even understand what I'm doing yet - I have no idea what weapons I should be using or skills I should be upgrading.  I have fire arrows, regular arrows, a tripwire thing and some grenades.  I get killed a lot by Sawtooths but I can easily kill a group of watchers now (I'm playing on Normal).

Anyway, is there an order to what I should be doing?  I'm not really sure about side quests, upgrading equipment, etc. 

#32 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

Stick to the main quests as you can, difficulty doesn't matter unless you're on Ultra Hard, also locating and clearing Cauldrons let you "hack" more animals, you can "hack" almost every type, easier time.
As you progress through the main quest you discover new merchants= better gears. Skills tree wise, I would recommend upgrading stealth skills and the one that lets you have more resources from looting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, by the end of the game if you're stacking stealth mods you can practically sprint past all enemies and they'll be oblivious.

#34 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24055 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

I don't even understand what I'm doing yet - I have no idea what weapons I should be using or skills I should be upgrading.  I have fire arrows, regular arrows, a tripwire thing and some grenades.  I get killed a lot by Sawtooths but I can easily kill a group of watchers now (I'm playing on Normal).

Anyway, is there an order to what I should be doing?  I'm not really sure about side quests, upgrading equipment, etc. 

When it comes to weapons, experiment. I know a lot of people say you can keep using the same weapon and whatnot but I had a ton of fun with the weapons in this game. And not just the ones that cause damage, but the rope-tie down one was fun to use too. 

Armor though... I never really looked at too much. I basically use the same armor for most of the game, and it was something I picked up from a shop mid-way through the game.