* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#5311 praxus07  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

No, stupid is spending good money on a bad system. You seem to find the $20-$40 each week to buy games but your console is falling apart. Take the L on this Xbox1 and scrap it. Then you will save money on all the physical games you can actually use and then flip them back into GameStop when you're done and buy more.

No, my console is not falling apart. The drive just doesn't work. I'm not rebuying a console that's only a year and a half old. That would be stupid. I also don't want to flip discs. I dislike using physical media and only resort to using it when absolutely necessary.
2240.png

#5312 dennisb407   Hurricane season begins June 1st, 2018 CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

No, my console is not falling apart. The drive just doesn't work. I'm not rebuying a console that's only a year and a half old. That would be stupid. I also don't want to flip discs. I dislike using physical media and only resort to using it when absolutely necessary.

Im surprised people still even try to help you. Every time someone does you knock them for it. Embarrassing

#5313 praxus07  

My advice for CSRs: there is no in between, either be patient and understanding, or yell and threaten them. I go with the first option but I had a roommate that only got results by being over the top rude and not backing down. I listened to him trying to be nice a few times and he just got jerked around. I've had the opposite effect, I only get results when I'm really patient and emphasize how it's not that CSRs fault.

I usually am, and was calm with both reps yesterday. After three and a half hours though I was getting pretty pissed off. On the call wait system now...
2240.png

#5314 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

I was unable to join the DBZ Beta despite being in the Alpha ring.... it just doesn't appear under the insider content....

#5315 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8933 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

I usually am, and was calm with both reps yesterday. After three and a half hours though I was getting pretty pissed off. On the call wait system now...

I have VASTLY better luck with chat support.

Im surprised people still even try to help you. Every time someone does you knock them for it. Embarrassing

-_-

#5316 praxus07  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

So block me then, I don't really care. Saying to just scrap my console and take a loss isn't being helpful, I see it as being a jerk.
2240.png

#5317 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

I understand it's the principle of the thing, but if you've had to spend over 3 1/2 hours sorting this out and the code only cost you $20 it seems you could have worked for an hour or less depending on how well you get paid at your job, rebought the game, or got an access sub and still had two hours more of your life and a lot less frustration to deal with. Sometimes it's better to take the L and move

StudentofTruth.png

#5318 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8933 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

I understand it's the principle of the thing, but if you've had to spend over 3 1/2 hours sorting this out and the code only cost you $20 it seems you could have worked for an hour or less depending on how well you get paid at your job, rebought the game, or got an access sub and still had two hours more of your life and a lot less frustration to deal with. Sometimes it's better to take the L and move

NEVER.

take the L.

#5319 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

NEVER.

take the L.

Except they already took the L, just because you refuse to accept it doesn't mean it's not yours

StudentofTruth.png

#5320 praxus07  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

I have VASTLY better luck with chat support.

-_-

I was on chat support. Got absolutely nowhere. He offered me a free month of live for my trouble, told him no thanks, I want a refund or the game added to my account, so now gotta go through all this again.
2240.png

#5321 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

Then it looks like you don't actually have a problem.

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#5322 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8933 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:37 PM

I was on chat support. Got absolutely nowhere. He offered me a free month of live for my trouble, told him no thanks, I want a refund or the game added to my account, so now gotta go through all this again.

Something I forgot to include in my previous reply:  do we know if ME3 is available to play on :xb1: outside of having EA Access or the disc?  As in, does owning it digitally (so you would be able to DL it and play it on a :360: console) NOT WORK for :xb1: ?

EDIT - Another thing to check for.  Are you able to download the game on your :360: (assuming you have it hooked up)?

#5323 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Something I forgot to include in my previous reply:  do we know if ME3 is available to play on :xb1: outside of having EA Access or the disc?  As in, does owning it digitally (so you would be able to DL it and play it on a :360: console) NOT WORK for :xb1: ?

EDIT - Another thing to check for.  Are you able to download the game on your :360: (assuming you have it hooked up)?

It works for me on both consoles.... I own it digitally and all dlc.... Both ME3 and ME2...

Edit: and no I do not have EA Access 

#5324 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

So block me then, I don't really care. Saying to just scrap my console and take a loss isn't being helpful, I see it as being a jerk.

There's something I want to say to you but instead I'll just say this.
I know you're all invested with this lemon of a console but it's really costing you a lot of time and frustration. I am a person that values my time and I'm willing to be called out when I'm fighting a losing battle. Since you've been posting on here, I've yet to hear anything positive by you. So, my advice, if you choose to take it, will result in many positive experiences and hopefully you will make progress in your quest to be a happier gamer and person. Nobody is saying you have to be a flipper. God knows you aint about that life. Lol.

#5325 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

The Trials Fusion servers are still down, lol ubisoft

1024483.png

#5326 Tandjame  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

It works for me on both consoles.... I own it digitally and all dlc.... Both ME3 and ME2...

Edit: and no I do not have EA Access

That's weird. I own a physical copy but I can't play it without the disc in. When I look it up to buy digitally, I only get the option to "try it". I can't buy it even if I wanted to.
860014.png

#5327 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

That's weird. I own a physical copy but I can't play it without the disc in. When I look it up to buy digitally, I only get the option to "try it". I can't buy it even if I wanted to.

Its worked this way for me ever since I had an EA Access Trial last year. I had the games installed from my disc and started my free month. Ever since then I've been able to play them without my discs at all. The weirdest part is they do the same thing for me on the 360, even though a digital version of the games doesn't exist on that platform due to storage issues most likely......

#5328 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8933 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

You're probably looking at the www.microsoft.com URL and not the www.xbox.com URL --> http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541095d

However, it doesn't seem to be available for digital purchase.

#5329 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

This assumes you can substitute work hours for time dealing with CSRs. I always find these arguements weird, because if I already worked 40 hrs in a week I can't sub work hours and it is more productive not to eat into my earnings. Even if I could pick up extra hours, I'd rather turn off my brain & play solitare in my underwear while on hold than spend more time at work looking through microscopes.

*edit*

I know you're all invested with this lemon of a console but it's really costing you a lot of time and frustration.

I don't see how buying a new console would solve the issue of a digital purchase not showing on his account. Wouldn't that kind of response annoy you?

#5330 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

New Forzathon starts today gotta be VIP for a couple of the challenges

You can complete the VIP challenges as a non VIP. Host has VIP car(s), starts event and then non VIPs can rent the host car. 

#5331 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

They were working yesterday. Xbox live status doesn't show any issues.

#5332 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2735 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

I played it over the weekend, servers seemed fine then. Haven't played today.

#5333 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'll donate $10 if someone matches me to this praxus character to get him/her to move on. This is clogging up my notifications.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#5334 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

I'll donate $10 if someone matches me to this praxus character to get him/her to move on. This is clogging up my notifications.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is this not off topic enough? How about favorite partially gelatinated, non-dairy, gum-based beverages? Krusty's is the classic, but I prefer Wendy's Frostys.

#5335 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

You're probably looking at the www.microsoft.com URL and not the www.xbox.com URL --> http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541095d

However, it doesn't seem to be available for digital purchase.

The lack of availability for Mass Effect 2 and 3 has been an issue of contention ever since multi-disc game started getting converted alongside backwards compatibility. Last time I brought it up, the consensus seemed to be that EA was holding them hostage to encourage people to subscribe to access. Praxus' post today is the first I've ever heard of them being available for purchase digitally, GameStop has a listing for both games via a physical download card but they are not available for purchase online. Clearly Praxus found one at retail? Their existence at all is actually a really big deal in terms of the games being available for purchase.

6TJRqLz.gif

#5336 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4645 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

#datenightgarbage

#5337 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

I know some people were talking about that 55 inch TCL tv at best buy, Amazon is selling the next model down for $400 for the 55 inch. It's got fairly decent specs for gaming 4k & HDR 10, although I'm not in love with that HDR peak brightness. Is a pretty nice price though.

http://www.rtings.co...es-4k-2017-s405

https://www.amazon.c...ywords=tcl s405

#5338 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

The lack of availability for Mass Effect 2 and 3 has been an issue of contention ever since multi-disc game started getting converted alongside backwards compatibility. Last time I brought it up, the consensus seemed to be that EA was holding them hostage to encourage people to subscribe to access. Praxus' post today is the first I've ever heard of them being available for purchase digitally, GameStop has a listing for both games via a physical download card but they are not available for purchase online. Clearly Praxus found one at retail? Their existence at all is actually a really big deal in terms of the games being available for purchase.

So what you're saying is Praxie girl has stumbled upon the mythical ME3 full game download card that many have thought was extinct???? 😳

✌️😉

#5339 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13407 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Is this not off topic enough? How about favorite partially gelatinated, non-dairy, gum-based beverages? Krusty's is the classic, but I prefer Wendy's Frostys.

Gotta go with the Frosty. Seaweed is boss!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#5340 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

I don't see the option for the dbfZ beta signup, what a dumb way to do a beta

1024483.png