* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#8731 francium34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

francium34

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

wonder what people's opinions on Dirt Rally is (in particular the xbox version)? Relatively new, pretty high praise, but doesn't seem like it will be enhanced for xbox one x. In which case I might as well wait for a steam sale.

#8732 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Politics forum:
https://www.cheapass...cs-controversy/

I've been playing Earthbound on the SNES Classic. It's still such a fun deep game even this many years later. Is there any newer RPGs that are similar to this? I'm guessing prob not on Xbox?

#8733 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10006 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

wonder what people's opinions on Dirt Rally is (in particular the xbox version)? Relatively new, pretty high praise, but doesn't seem like it will be enhanced for xbox one x. In which case I might as well wait for a steam sale.

Depends on if you want a hardcore sim. Dirt 4 is closer to the other Dirt games. Rally is really tough but good if you like it like that.

#8734 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

Politics forum:
https://www.cheapass...cs-controversy/

I've been playing Earthbound on the SNES Classic. It's still such a fun deep game even this many years later. Is there any newer RPGs that are similar to this? I'm guessing prob not on Xbox?

I've been of the opinion there hasn't been an RPG like Earthbound except for it's sequel which never came to the states unfortunately.

#8735 sp0rklez  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:49 AM

I'm thinking of buying Fallout 4's vanilla game and getting the DLC either individually or getting the season pass separately (on sale of course)
I recently played 3 and New Vegas on 360 and didn't have any DLC and I greatly enjoyed them, but as a CAG, I don't want to drop $60 on the game + season pass when I could buy just the game and some other games too (via Amazon) such as Mass Effect Andromeda since it's apparently going for so cheap these days.

​Thoughts, opinions?

​Oh, and I'm asking for PS4 game purchase purposes. I figure if political bs can make its way into an Xbox deals thread, I may as well ask my Xbox pals for their thoughts considering you guys are way more talkative about such things than the PSN thread is.

#8736 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:49 AM

WTF? Fake news like a mawfucka. Next time do some research before overreacting like a typical hysterical liberal.

http://thehill.com/b...ane-victims-use

Right. You quoted the same site, only the info was updated later. Nothing fake about it.

#8737 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:57 AM

Dp

#8738 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

This thread is beginning to stress me out. Anyone picking up anything on sale this week? Anyone with recommendations? I'll take the 'ol CAG seal of approval over most critic reviews any day. 

Well if you haven't, i'd recommend the Arkham Knight Premium Edition. It has a lot of content for $16 but it does take a lot of space.

#8739 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:38 AM

Citizens of Earth, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Undertale. Only one of those is on Xbox.

#8740 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

I'm thinking of buying Fallout 4's vanilla game and getting the DLC either individually or getting the season pass separately (on sale of course)
I recently played 3 and New Vegas on 360 and didn't have any DLC and I greatly enjoyed them, but as a CAG, I don't want to drop $60 on the game + season pass when I could buy just the game and some other games too (via Amazon) such as Mass Effect Andromeda since it's apparently going for so cheap these days.

​Thoughts, opinions?

​Oh, and I'm asking for PS4 game purchase purposes. I figure if political bs can make its way into an Xbox deals thread, I may as well ask my Xbox pals for their thoughts considering you guys are way more talkative about such things than the PSN thread is.

I would say you should wait on the Fallout DLC/SP, this will most likely be a BF sale and jump on Mass Effect: Andromeda now because like you said it's so low right now. The DLC for Fallout 4 is cool and all but there's plenty in the base game. That's also with Andromeda, in a $ per hour comp, that's a big value there. Shrug, I liked Andromeda and thought it was a decent spin-off tbh.

Last political thing but if you don't think MSM is trying to tar and feather President Trump, you haven't been paying attention. Here's an actual study talking about all the negative press.
https://www.nbcnews....egative-n806681

#8741 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Citizens of Earth, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Undertale. Only one of those is on Xbox.

South Park is not my jam, I have wanted to play Undertale, might have to get it on PC. Never heard of Citizens of Earth, ill look it up.

#8742 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:12 AM

Kind of stupid that bing is considered promo credit.

And trump tars and feathers himself with all the dumb ass shit he says, who brags about it being “only” 16 deaths, Fuck outta here.

Our country is a fucking laughing stock at this point but people still blaming the media.

And yes the right wing media was so nice to Obama and trump himself didn’t lead a witch hunt for his birth certificate, but the liberals are the crazy ones.

#8743 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

If the politics in this thread don’t stop, I’ll buy a ps4!

Nah, I’ll just dust off my old DS. An elegant device, from a more civilized age.

#8744 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

Last political thing but if you don't think MSM is trying to tar and feather President Trump, you haven't been paying attention. Here's an actual study talking about all the negative press.

Spoilered for those who don't care to read it.

Spoiler

#8745 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

Yes, news coverage about bad things does tend to be negative.

#8746 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10006 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Happened to wake up. Not sure if I was subconsciously thinking about it but the Battlefront 2 beta is up for those that preordered and redeemed the code for it. Should pop up in your Ready to Install. If I didn’t have to actually get more sleep to function at work, I’d be playing in a few minutes! Rest assured I will be on my lunch hour though!

On an off topic but not political note, a Stanger Things game is out on mobile and it’s pretty cool (80s themed pixel adventure). Also completely free (no IAPs).

App Store link:

https://itunes.apple...1220479307?mt=8

Can’t seem to find it on Google Play yet but should be out today.

#8747 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

I've always thought this thread was one of the better threads on CAG so please don't Fuck it up. Please keep that political crap out of here. Some of you may be right and some of you may be wrong but no one is going to change anyone else's mind. You guys might as well be screaming at a wall. All you are doing is annoying everyone who doesn't want to hear that shit.

I guess i'm just pissed off that I'm currently downloading the SWBF2 beta(13.2 GBs) instead of playing it. I can't believe we weren't able to pre-load it. So dumb.

#8748 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

​Thoughts, opinions?

There is plenty to do in FO4 vanilla. I've played over 100 hours and haven't touched any of the DLC.

#8749 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Booooooooom!!#\#\€'$*! £'&&'=

Just won the taco bell bundle! I can't believe it man. Being trying that free code every single day right when I get off of work at about 530am eastern. Today I wasn't even sure if it was too late to enter. Sent the text as I was exiting the freeway at 627am and won!!!

#8750 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Just won the taco bell bundle! I can't believe it man. Being trying that free code every single day right when I get off of work at about 530am eastern. Today I wasn't even sure if it was too late to enter. Sent the text as I was exiting the freeway at 627am and won!!!

#8751 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   8066 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

I'm glad so many cags won the xbox. Thats awesome! On the other hand, I'm pissed I didn't win. Lol

#8752 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

I'm glad so many cags won the xbox. Thats awesome! On the other hand, I'm pissed I didn't win. Lol

You can actually play twice a day, if you didn't know.  Once via text and once on the website.  Try again!

#8753 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Don’t really care what anyone gets annoyed by tbh.

Halo.

#8754 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Dragons dogma on hard mode is no joke basically its a one hit and you die you have to stay with your pawn at all times to make it out alive.

#8755 kcobra22  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

congrats dude. That's like the 4th or 5th CAG that won I think.

Reminder to everyone else that today is the last day of the Taco Bell contest so good luck: https://winxbox.com/amoe

Already entered my code and lost so no free xbox for me  :cry:

#8756 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Dragons dogma on hard mode is no joke basically its a one hit and you die you have to stay with your pawn at all times to make it out alive.

I keep going to places where stuff kills me in 1 hit on Normal. First I took a boat to an island by talking to a lady that only shows up at night in the first town.
Then I went down a well in the first town for a quest. Both adventures ended with me dying in 2 hits.

I ended up getting to the point where
Spoiler

Is there fast travel that I'm missing? Takes a long time to get anywhere with stamina running out every few seconds.

#8757 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2829 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Sometimes I would really love living in the US just for all the free stuff and promos.... also uncut games lol..

#8758 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

^You'll need a Portcrystal to fast travel in DD. More fun to run through the night when all the spooky things come out.

#8759 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

congrats dude. That's like the 4th or 5th CAG that won I think.

Reminder to everyone else that today is the last day of the Taco Bell contest so good luck: https://winxbox.com/amoe

Already entered my code and lost so no free xbox for me  :cry:

Thanks for posting you could play at the website too.  I had been playing from my phone and my wife's (missed a day or two with hers).  Lost on all 3 today.

#8760 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Downloaded BF2 Beta on XBox One this morning but didn't have time to play it.  Also was in the process of downloading on my PS4 when I left.  Hope to get on after work tonight.