* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - Black Friday Gold incoming | DwG: Flockers, Ink, WRC 5/6, 360 Sonic, more | GwG: Tales / Borderlands, Trackmania Turbo; Deadfall Adv

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#7651 miketheplantguy  

miketheplantguy

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

It’s the internet, they’ll be raging about the fact they have one less thing to rage about soon enough.

What should I take on next from the backlog... Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, Mass Effect Andromeda, or Shadow of Mordor?

I vote for shadow

#7652 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

Not an issue in my mind. Games in development can you know, develop into whatever they want, as they're not finalized yet. You can't trademark, copyright or patent a game mode.
Platformers became the-new-next-thing when Mario showed the world how it was done. There were a bunch of Tetris, Doom and GTA clones because that's how the gaming industry works (even more blatant in the mobile gaming industry)...

I get what you're saying, and in the case of GTA V adding a BR mode I would agree with you. My point was that Fortnite in particular is a poor fit for a BR game and having played it, it's not well balanced for direct PvP like DM or BR.

#7653 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

If I'm reading all this halo discussion correctly to complete my full halo line up in XB1 I need:

1) Halo MCC as it has 60 fps.

2) Halo 3 ODST for Xbox 360 as it is now BC. There is an ODST dlc for MCC but it is campaign only. So you sacrifice 60 fps for mutiplayer or vice versa with ODST. Or you get both.

3) Halo Reach. Only available for Xbox 360 and now BC.

4) Halo 5: Guardians for Xbox 1.

Yeah, that would have you covered for now. While I personally think ODST's Firefight is the best, you're going to have to put in effort to actually play it now. Either you'll have to organize with friends ahead of time, or use LFG. Currently on LFG I see 3 posts for Firefight, one of which is for Spanish speakers. But yeah, it's still worth trying, maybe you can get a regular group to do so if you guys end up liking it. The connection issue I mentioned is a potential hurdle too. The last time I was able to play some serious games of Firefight was a few years back at LAN party, so when I get some time I'll probably try to figure something out myself. Attempting and completing Endure (complete 4 Sets on Heroic, which takes about 2 hours) the 7 or 8 times I did, is still one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in gaming, right up their with Vault of Glass.

Anyways, I'd say it's worth picking up both since the DLC is only $5, and you likely can find ODST for $5 used somewhere that isn't Gamestop. There's no real benefit to playing campaign on the 360 version now. If you want ALL Halo stuff you've got both Wars games, and the shit Spartan Assault is out. The much better Spartan Strike is Win 10 exclusive for some reason.

I wasn't trying to shit on the other games either, aside from maybe Halo 4. I probably played 10 times more of Reach's FF than ODSTs, simply because of matchmaking, and I've had fun with the Halo 5 version with the little I've played of it.

As for the Fortnite talk, I think you guys are being a little naive if you really think they were doing a battle royale mode before PUBG exploded. Epic has never had a mode even remotely like that, and this kind of PVP mode was never teased or anything in the super long time the game has been in development. Not to mention the 4 (?) player limit in the default mode. Even if they had a somewhat similar idea in the pipeline, they clearly aped as much as possible from PUBG, with exact rips of stuff like the parachute entrance and closing electric walls. I've got nothing against them, Epic themselves already spawned a similar phenomenon with Horde in Gears 2. Really, just makes Bluehole look bad. Clearly every game that is capable is going to copy their format, they just need to shut up and try to make good improvements overtime so their massive following keeps growing.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7654 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9206 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

Well Fortnite's BR mode allows players to directly affect the buildings around them via the construction mechanic. You're getting shot from a far so you can do a # of things 1) find and shoot back at the player, 2) run and hide from the player or 3) build up a fortification for cover 4) lure that player into a fortification or building and take them out with a trap.

I'd say that's their own flavor to things and well I didn't say it, who's saying they, they didn't have this idea before and after it in now. Quite likely is gonna happen after the commercial success H1Z1/Rust/PubG & GTA 5 Online all have received.

What about that other BR game coming to Xbox and was demoed at E3 with a over serious announcer/shoutcaster. That's also in the BR market, why does that game get a pass. Well because nobody knows of it. This is all good news for Fortnite imo.

The Fortnite devs put out a dev update video where they talk about a number of things but apparently yeah, speaking of Halo's FireFight, there's people that are doing the "Fortnight" length of 4 hours in the game (the devs were surprised how many people challenged that mode) - I might have if I was higher level, it's kinda raid level stuff. Also the next community event will be "Horde Bash" where it'll be a persistent fort and waves of zombies. Win win, a little bit of everything for everyone really, Survive the Storm or Battle Royale.
Video Below:

Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak9, 23 September 2017 - 04:09 AM.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#7655 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

Since it's CAG Confession of shame night I guess I'll take my turn. I can't complete Pac man Champion Edition....i've been at it for god damn 5 years and still can't get that mythical 400k.....I'm not talking about the easy ass DX version just vanilla CE.....perhaps I'll hit the cold depths of earth for that final slumber, a defeated man.

#7656 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3669 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

I have a question about this weekend (4 days?) Forzathon.  Haven't you been able to three star the same speed zone repeatedly and have it count?  You have to do three, 3 star speed Zones in a specific Lambo.   Found a spot that was easy for me to do this.  Did it like 4 times but only counted once.  Went to another spot and missed 3 stars by like 1 MPH.  But it then gave me credit (via achievement tracker) for my second one.  I then did that location legit 3 stars.  Nothing.   Had to go to another location to get the last one.

Wonder if they changed that on purpose or if I had some weird glitch going on or what.

All I have left is 3 play ground games in a mini.

Are you thinking both speed traps and speed zones counted?  The challenge is just for 3 speed traps.  I did one of them twice, the 135 MPH one by the entrance to the construction site west of the Outback festival.

#7657 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

It’s the internet, they’ll be raging about the fact they have one less thing to rage about soon enough.

What should I take on next from the backlog... Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, Mass Effect Andromeda, or Shadow of Mordor?

If you like Metal Gear's story I'd say that first even though it has a bunch of problems, it has a lot going for it. Andromeda is as good as it's going to get with it's patches finished, now's a good a time as any.

Shadow of Mordor wasn't really grabbing me, and everything with Shadow of War has turned me off the series.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7658 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

Just got back from seeing Mother! Pretty sure that was the worst movie I've ever seen.

StudentofTruth.png

#7659 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:20 AM

Just got back from seeing Mother! Pretty sure that was the worst movie I've ever seen.

Worse than Ishtar?

#7660 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:24 AM

just picked up a super cheap copy of Metal Gear Rising, just as I was making progress in the backlog too, also just hit 100k gamerscore, hitting it exactly took a little planning but I did it.

1024483.png

#7661 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6157 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

Good thing I choose to see “It” tonight. Awesome movie.

First time using my MoviePass as well. Worked great.

#7662 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:28 AM

I've never seen Ishtar, But I did recently walk out if the new Transformers movie, which was bad, but made even worse because it was over 3 hours long.

IT was really good, and the Humans Bodyguard was also surprisingly good, but Mother was spectacularly bad.

StudentofTruth.png

#7663 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

I just wish there were movies out that didn't look like shit now that I have MoviePass. It does seem like it's picking back up now. I watched It last weekend, and we're going to see Kingsman Sunday. The trailer reminded me of No More Heroes so I just watched the first one today, but having seen it there looked like one huge spoiler that definitely shouldn't have been in said trailer.

I'll probably end up seeing a few of the dumb horror movies coming up. I can't believe they're doing another Saw. I barely remember any plot from the old ones so hopefully it's not that important.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7664 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & Gamer CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

'The Hitman's Bodyguard' and 'Baby Driver' have been summer 2017's sleeper hits for me.

'Kong: Skull Island' gets an A for effort and casting.

'The Mummy' was......a struggle.

#7665 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & Gamer CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

Duplicate post

#7666 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

It was probably the worst movie I ever saw. Got dragged to the movie theater and everyone decided we should watch this.

VAXyo12.gif

#7667 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

Shadow of Mordor is one of my favorite games this generation. I actually kind of broke normal game progression by gaining so much XP early in the game because I was having so much fun just running around killing stuff and getting into combat that I wasn't focused on the story. By the time I said to myself, "Hey, I should probably do some missions," I was an unstoppable beast. I only died twice during my entire playthrough, and this is a game where I've heard about people complain about specific orc captains being way too tough and them dying countless times.

optimus_prime.gif

#7668 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1695 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:27 AM

It was probably the worst movie I ever saw. Got dragged to the movie theater and everyone decided we should watch this.

Thanks, guys. I was planning on seeing it tomorrow.

#7669 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:44 AM

It's got mixed reviews, but I feel like The Lego Ninjago Movie is worth a watch for anyone who liked the other two. I saw it Friday and thought it was way better than the (currently) 52% it has on RT.

It's a solid movie that has a lot of funny bits and is entertaining even though it just follows the Lego movie formula already done by the other two and doesn't break any new ground. I actually thought it was funnier than Lego Batman, while Lego Batman has an overall better story. I went in apprehensive because of the reviews, but didn't walk out disappointed.

I looked more deeply into some of the bad reviews later, and one of them complained about it being a 90 minute commercial for Lego toys. And it's like, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, did you not see all the damn sets they released for the other two movies?????

optimus_prime.gif

#7670 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6157 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

Two weeks until Blade Runner 2049. Next big movie for me.

#7671 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9206 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

Shadow of Mordor is one of my favorite games this generation. I actually kind of broke normal game progression by gaining so much XP early in the game because I was having so much fun just running around killing stuff and getting into combat that I wasn't focused on the story. By the time I said to myself, "Hey, I should probably do some missions," I was an unstoppable beast. I only died twice during my entire playthrough, and this is a game where I've heard about people complain about specific orc captains being way too tough and them dying countless times.

Hahaha, ditto.

And yeah Baby Driver is on my list too. I'm just getting to Lego Batman, Alien Covenant & Wonder Woman due to them being PPV on Dish and the nearest decent movie theater being about an hour away.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#7672 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

I vote for shadow

Spent the last hour diving into Mordor. It’s like Tolkien wrote the Batman Arkham games. And that’s not a complaint.

#7673 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

Starting my Ori & The Blind Forest hard mode run now. I just beat it on easy,  with no ability points purchased and uncovering the entire map + getting all secrets....and I died 758 times. This game is just one giant death trap. The devs who designed this game are fucking sadists.

:xb1: Mafia III Deluxe Edition, brand new/unused season pass code, for $30. XBL credit or cash. PM me if interested.

#7674 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

I played on PS3 and kept missing the quicktime events, and on that playthrough I boosted a captain up be immune to stealth, range, combos, and he would poison and crit constantly. I played again on X1 and never had any real captains of note. The captains only get fun if you die a bunch and they start getting stupid combos of abilities.

#7675 entexman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

entexman

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Since it's CAG Confession of shame night I guess I'll take my turn. I can't complete Pac man Champion Edition....i've been at it for god damn 5 years and still can't get that mythical 400k.....I'm not talking about the easy ass DX version just vanilla CE.....perhaps I'll hit the cold depths of earth for that final slumber, a defeated man.

This is like me and Geometry Wars Retro Evolved. I have been playing that game for about 8 years off and on. I still have trouble with some of the achievements.   It is all good though since I enjoy playing the game. It's one of those games I really enjoy playing pretty much anytime even to this day.

I am sure you will get the 400k score someday. Hang in there!

1093497.png

#7676 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4136 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Starting my Ori & The Blind Forest hard mode run now. I just beat it on easy, with no ability points purchased and uncovering the entire map + getting all secrets....and I died 758 times. This game is just one giant death trap. The devs who designed this game are fucking sadists.

Not using ability points was definitely the hardest of vanilla Ori. One life mode is hardest of DE.

EDIT: Does the new version of Minecraft have infinite worlds now that versions with infinite worlds has cross-play with Xbox?

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#7677 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Not using ability points was definitely the hardest of vanilla Ori. One life mode is hardest of DE.

EDIT: Does the new version of Minecraft have infinite worlds now that versions with infinite worlds has cross-play with Xbox?

Yes it has infinite worlds

#7678 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Character creator, intro, and extended gameplay of a battle for Monster Hunter World. This looks fantastic, like the core of the normal games but with more of a story and the graphics ramped up dramatically. A small thing, but the character creator actually has a lighting setting so you can see how you'll look in different areas, a feature I've desperately wanted in all creators.

https://youtu.be/-fVdncFjKns?t=7m12s

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7679 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7435 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

I need Worlds in my life is it out yet uuuugggggghhhhhhh haha

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#7680 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Forza 7 avatar gear

9TTKJ-6TFK4-M3XR4-VFQ7V-2KHGZ

DRK4K-PXVJ6-9TTJW-MG6VG-6TG9Z

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png