* * * * - 14 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Deus Ex: MD, Cabela's, Mass Effect 2/3 DLC, more | Infinite Minigolf | GwG: Gone Home, Oxenfree, Rayman 3

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#9481 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Best Buy, Amazon, & GameStop all say the code comes in the game case.

The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360) is Xbox One BC. I think we get an actual Xbox One version with the new game.

Yeah, it does suck. People could have been playing the old one before the new one comes out, but I guess people might just return the game and keep the keep The Stick of Truth.
I believe so. Not sure if it is pre-order only. Maybe a limited amount of the first releases have the codes in the case. When they are all gone, then you don't get it anymore if you buy it later.

So, an actual Xbox One remastered edition, not just the Xbox 360 version that is BC?

Thanks for the extra info.

#9482 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5783 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

So, an actual Xbox One remastered edition, not just the Xbox 360 version that is BC? 

It is a port, not a remaster. But, yes, it is its own version separate from the 360 version.

(There is nothing to remaster, it literally looks identical to the show.)

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#9483 kcobra22  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

I received the XB1 version, however at best buy you don't get it till release I believe. I know gamestop doesn't give it out till then either. On the xbox store it says get a digital copy of the stick of truth free with purchase at the launch of TFBW..... lame sauce. I guess it is to prevent pre-order cancels.

the policy changed a couple of times. At first, if you preordered digitally you'd get the code immediately so everyone was doing a preorder/cancel. That was eventually fixed and then it changed to getting the code immediately if you preordered with xbox credit because they'd charge you right away, but not getting it if you paid with card/paypal. No idea what the policy is now.

#9484 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

It is a port, not a remaster. But, yes, it is its own version separate from the 360 version.

(There is nothing to remaster, it literally looks identical to the show.)

Beat me to it, lots of ports this gen that aren't remastered and it drives me insane.

6TJRqLz.gif

#9485 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2255 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Child of Eden is a good game, but means pulling out the Kinect. Even though I have the adapter, I haven’t hooked mine up to the S due to the limited USB ports and two external hard drives.

Last I played child of Eden I was using my x360 controller and no Kinect was required.
Posted Image

#9486 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3874 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

Goat Simulator BC is seems like another unneccesary one. Goat Simulator (Xbox One) was already free w/ GwG.

I guess it might be good if you didn't have Gold or missed it when it was GwG, but you own the Xbox 360 version.

Goat Simulator (Xbox 360) was free for a day back in 2015.

https://www.cheapass...ee-95-onlydead/

#9487 kcobra22  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Not gonna watch the trailer because it releases in 7 days already, but i'm excited for more Life is Strange. If you were a fan of the first game, you'd probably like this one too...so far Ep1 was good even though it's different developers and voice actors.

#9488 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

Just out of curiosity how tied is the story of The Fractured But Whole tied to Stick of Truth? Will we be able to dive right into it if we haven’t played or finished Stick of Truth?

#9489 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

Just out of curiosity how tied is the story of The Fractured But Whole tied to Stick of Truth? Will we be able to dive right into it if we haven’t played or finished Stick of Truth?

If you're a south park fan I would think you wouldn't be that confused. Both games build off of storylines from the show.

Stick of Truth has several prequel episodes from the show itself where they can't decide which is better xbox or play station. But you can play the game without ever having seen those.

Matt & Trey are pretty good at making sure that south park stories be they in movie, tv, video game, etc. fit together well yet also stand alone well. The less familiar you are with the SP universe the less internal referential jokes you'll get. So I'll bet it stands alone well.

#9490 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

If you're a south park fan I would think you wouldn't be that confused. Both games build off of storylines from the show.

Stick of Truth has several prequel episodes from the show itself where they can't decide which is better xbox or play station. But you can play the game without ever having seen those.

Matt & Trey are pretty good at making sure that south park stories be they in movie, tv, video game, etc. fit together well yet also stand alone well. The less familiar you are with the SP universe the less internal referential jokes you'll get. So I'll bet it stands alone well.

I’m not what you’d call a big fan of the show, but do like it. Used to watch it regularly years ago so I do know some of the frequent jokes like Kenny dying, things about Canada, etc. I think I’ll be okay and what I played or the first game, it’s a good RPG to begin with and funny enough even if I may not catch everything.

I just had gotten my X1 shortly after getting the first game on disc and it fell, like many others, into the backlog. So probably only played like an hour of it.

#9491 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Spoiler

#9492 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

If you enjoy that style of humor you should be fine, as many of those jokes continue. There aren't any characters that are only in the game, they're all from the show. It's like a giant south park story arc you play in RPG format.

#9493 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5783 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Humans who like helping other humans,

From today until 10/23, Microsoft is donating 100% of the proceeds from this Halo 5 'Relief and Recovery' REQ Pack to GlobalGiving. GlobalGiving helps those affected by disasters around the globe.

https://www.microsof...ck/C19X7NF0HV6W

Read more:

https://www.halowayp...ishing-daylight

https://www.globalgiving.org/

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#9494 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9064 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Child of Eden BC will only be playable with the controller. They said pretty early in the program that games that used peripherals wouldn't work. So no Kinect or guitars or anything of that sort.

Goat Simulator XB1 version was already GWG so I'm guessing the new BC version will show up now.....

There's been a lot of changes since early on. How early are you talking about? I'm pretty sure you're good either way but Child of Eden can be played and enjoyed with the controller. Now it's not the same experience, holding up your hand and aiming the reticle with your arm out, but eh I thought it was a great game at the time.

I might need to invest in a 4 port USB Hub as well. I got that 6TB HDD that was linked in here many pages ago today. I'm considering waiting for either a hub or for an easier way to transfer stuff - I know that's in the works, don't know if it's a feature for regs, those not in the preview, yet. 

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#9495 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   2750 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

For those Ubi games where the Gold Edition code ended up including the whole game, was that for XB1, PS4, or both?  I'm sure they won't screw up again but trying to decide what system I want to get South Park TFBW on.  I doubt there are any PS4 Pro enhancements but I already have Stick of Truth via BC so I'll probably go PS4 to get a playable version of it there.

782879.png

#9496 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3550 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

I'm not familiar with it, but I would imagine the Stick of Truth goes right into The Fractured But Whole.  In fact, it might be the cause of the fracture because someone wasn't careful.

#9497 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

I'm not familiar with it, but I would imagine the Stick of Truth goes right into The Fractured But Whole. In fact, it might be the cause of the fracture because someone wasn't careful.

That damn Stick of Truth causing chaos....

#9498 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

For those Ubi games where the Gold Edition code ended up including the whole game, was that for XB1, PS4, or both? I'm sure they won't screw up again but trying to decide what system I want to get South Park TFBW on. I doubt there are any PS4 Pro enhancements but I already have Stick of Truth via BC so I'll probably go PS4 to get a playable version of it there.

I thought it was X1 only... Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor were the only ones that did it, I think...

#9499 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

IIRC, they said in-universe it is literally the next day when the kids decide to play superheroes.

VAXyo12.gif

#9500 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone had their Live expire recently and if so, did Microsoft offer any deals?

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#9501 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Has anyone had their Live expire recently and if so, did Microsoft offer any deals?

My buddy that I gameshare with recently mentioned to me that his gold lapsed like 6 months ago, he keeps getting ads for $1/mo gold, but he can still play multiplayer. Ya, I had to point out to him that gamesharing is also xbl gold sharing. Is the guy in the $3,000 suit paying for your xbl supposed to let you think you're getting away with something? Come on!

That was like 2-3 weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure that $1/mo gold offer is still around. You just have to wait until m$ pops up an ad for it.

#9502 Throne of Ooze   Dove Destroyer CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Throne of Ooze

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Goat Simulator BC is seems like another unneccesary one. Goat Simulator (Xbox One) was already free w/ GwG.

I guess it might be good if you didn't have Gold or missed it when it was GwG, but you own the Xbox 360 version.

Goat Simulator (Xbox 360) was free for a day back in 2015.

https://www.cheapass...ee-95-onlydead/

Pretty good game for stacking achievements if you're into that sort of thing.

#9503 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Is the season pass for Deus Ex Mankind Divided worth it? I grabbed the game for $5 recently at Redbox, but won't have a console to play it on until next month.

#9504 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

Is the season pass for Deus Ex Mankind Divided worth it? I grabbed the game for $5 recently at Redbox, but won't have a console to play it on until next month.

If nothing else, it’s one of th few season passes I’ve seen go on sale by itself. I grabbed it a couple months ago when it was $5 or so. If you’re not gonna jump right into the game, I’d say hold out for that sale.

#9505 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

If nothing else, it’s one of th few season passes I’ve seen go on sale by itself. I grabbed it a couple months ago when it was $5 or so. If you’re not gonna jump right into the game, I’d say hold out for that sale.

Ok, thanks. I'll wait for that sale since I'll be busy checking out a lot of different games once I get my One X.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#9506 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

Not sure how I feel about the new UI yet. I think I'll like it once I adjust.

#9507 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9064 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

Lol, achieved Fire Across the Galaxy for PFX3's Star Wars: Rebels table and it says 0.06% completion. You have to do all the Rebels missions to get there. Thankfully I played that table in FX2 so I knew what I was more than likely up to lol.

So I looked it up and it should be relatively easy to transfer my games over from my old external hard drive to the new one via Settings>Storage UI. Previously people actually could download a program to do a all file transfer via the PC but that was always able to mess with your data (and a few people reported that their DLC stuff was messed up and they had to delete and redownload those). :cold:  Glad they have this integrated into Xbox One now.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#9508 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:41 AM

Still haven’t played Watch a Dogs 1. The gold version of WD2 is sitting in backlog courtesy of Target having a sale and me finding the gold version in store for like $25. Sold the disc and I think it cost me $5 or something to hav the gold version digitally.

Playing the hell out of Shadow of War. It’s really, really good. Not a vast change over the first one, but that’s not a bad thing, since the first one was one of the best games of this console generation.

I find it interesting people think there will be a console generation moving forward (at least for Xbox). Thinking in X years the Xbox One X becomes the new baseline for game development and then we march on, cell phone style into the abyss.

Clear cut generations will only be acceptable when there is something so unique about the jump it outweighs all your shit not working on the new console. See: Switch.

But that won’t fly for PlayStation and Xbox going forward.

For the thread: played an hour of Ghost Recon Wildlands on the free trial weekend. That game is pretty fun. But instead of buying it I should go beat just Cause 3.

#9509 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

I don’t know if it’s been posted but here’s how Shadow of War will be improved on X1X: https://www.xboxachi...s-Detailed.html

Key takeaways include: two modes (favour resolution or favour quality) and optional 4K cutscene download.

VAXyo12.gif

#9510 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4127 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

Shadow of War is great. If you liked Shadow of Mordor, you will like Shadow of War. Improves on the first game and adds much more content like a proper sequel should.

Story is meh so far, but has its moments. End of Act 1 very gun, but leading up to it was boring. Loot boxes are a non issue so far, but we'll see about that "true ending" part later. From what I understand it takes many hours to even get to that point.

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360