* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Mega Man, Bridge Constructor, Styx, Refunct, more | GwG: BTTF, Vermintide; Marlow Briggs | Spotlight Battlefron II, Injustice 2

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#7801 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Barf that white theme...

#7802 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1500 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

lords of shadow isn't available digitally. i've been waiting for that miracle for a long time

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#7803 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

Anyone planning​ on playing Forza 7, quote this post and I'll pm you a Hoonigan dlc code.

Hoonigans!

#7804 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Wonder if some of that hype was it was Christmas time and Nintendo had nothing else and it was cheap?  Also wasn't the NES a much bigger seller to start with?  I had one (actually 2).  Never had a SNES but one of my brothers did.  

Some of it, but the SNES this year is basically doing the same release schedule as last year. While there is definitely crossover of people who want/have Switch and are interested in these consoles, there are plenty of former gamers that are interested in a sub $100 way to relive the games from their childhoods, alongside gamers that aren't necessarily interested in modern Nintendo and the Switch.

The original NES was a bigger seller overall, but it was relevant for much longer than the average console. The SNES and its generation were the beginning of our rought 5 year console cycles.

Then you focus more on modern gamers. Personally I think the games on the SNES hold up way better than most of the NES library, barring stuff like Mario, Zelda, and Kirby. Many games on this collection are considered masterpieces and still referred to as some of the best games of all time. Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7805 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Date night countdowns :

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda & Deluxe Edition
  • Need for Speed Deluxe Edition & Bundle
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition
  • Titanfall 2 Ultimate

FM7 and Cuphead for me this week, and, if I'm lucky, an SNES Classic. Already have FM7 Ultimate bought, waiting for the pre-load to go live. Not sure when I'll get to play them. My company's upgrading our production databases overnight Friday into Saturday and I need to be in the office to provide support.

Knocked out the achievements in the FH3 Hoonigan pack today, except for the championships one. Game had me worried for a bit. After I completed the Mini Forzathon challenge, I was playing the 4th event in the set and the game crashed back to the dash. When I loaded it back up, I noticed I couldn't get into the Hot Wheels DLC. Tried redownloading, hard console power off, no go. Then I saw online it's inaccessible for everyone.

Had been following that topic on the Forza forums for a while, glad they finally announced it.

Even happier they're granting DLC / token rewards for older titles. I was planning to buy the FM5 tokens before they were delisted to complete that reward, and was looking into what would be involved to get the older games' DLC rewards.

... twisted and evil. But that's because he's still more pickle than cheese.

Agreed on token/DLC points for Forza rewards. Gets me halfway to the next level once they all go 100%.

#7806 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Some of it, but the SNES this year is basically doing the same release schedule as last year. While there is definitely crossover of people who want/have Switch and are interested in these consoles, there are plenty of former gamers that are interested in a sub $100 way to relive the games from their childhoods, alongside gamers that aren't necessarily interested in modern Nintendo and the Switch.
The original NES was a bigger seller overall, but it was relevant for much longer than the average console. The SNES and its generation were the beginning of our rought 5 year console cycles.

Then you focus more on modern gamers. Personally I think the games on the SNES hold up way better than most of the NES library, barring stuff like Mario, Zelda, and Kirby. Many games on this collection are considered masterpieces and still referred to as some of the best games of all time. Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI.

I sold my SNES Cart of Earthbound for $80 a few years ago so im excited to pick up this whole system for that price. My wife got a physical preorder into GameStop and put $25 down for this SNES Classic so I'll be ticked if they don't have it saved for me on Friday.

Between that and buying Cuphead it should be a fun weekend.

#7807 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2843 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

I sold my SNES Cart of Earthbound for $80 a few years ago so im excited to pick up this whole system for that price. My wife got a physical preorder into GameStop and put $25 down for this SNES Classic so I'll be ticked if they don't have it saved for me on Friday.

Between that and buying Cuphead it should be a fun weekend.

Seeing pics of the SNES Classic already in stores, waiting in boxes, makes me nervous, especially when people might do anything for one. So here's hoping the best for everyone who pre-ordered anywhere in store!

Share your gaming videos here - www.GamersVlog.com

#7808 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Seeing pics of the SNES Classic already in stores, waiting in boxes, makes me nervous, especially when people might do anything for one. So here's hoping the best for everyone who pre-ordered anywhere in store!

If you show up and these guys are waiting in line, just find another store.

Spoiler

#7809 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Found it. You are welcome, fam.

9fyRhkr.png

I never get tired of these. This one was maybe the best one yet.  Well done.

You bought the wrong game for your Switch

How do you know it's the only game I got?

But nah, you're probably talking about Zelda and I don't have time for that yet. I'll wait until an open world RPG sounds appealing again, but I'll definitely get it eventually. I tend to like strategy RPGs more than anything though, and I'm really pretty sick of open world games at this point.

I was torn between grabbing Mario/Rabbids for my Switch or the Xcom Expansion. Everything I read about M/R said it was great initially and then kinda wore out its welcome, so I went with the Xcom expansion and it's fucking amazing.

Yeah, I'm not far enough into it to really say just yet. I have no doubt the Xcom expansion will be awesome, but at this point I may just wait for a sale, even if it's a paltry 10-20% off.

#7810 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

We get racing suits for loyalty rewards. I'd rather have groovy cars, whatever.

So LAME!  For FM6 we got some of the coolest cars in the game right out of the gate and a ton of credits to buy the other cool cars that were not already given away, for being in the top tier of Forza Rewards.  So glad I didn't waste time time grinding out achievements in FM2 and FM5 to get to tier 11 before 7 releases.

15413.png

#7811 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Are we doing predictions for tonight? I’m hoping since it’s the 10 year anniversary of Halo 3 that we get some Halo deals. Would love to have ODST digital just for completeness sake but don’t really want to drop $15 on it at this point.

So here’s to some Halo goodies. Or NBA cash and Shark Cards, like we usually get.

#7812 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10985 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

I predict a HALO sale tonight!

... go to sleep.

#7813 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7438 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

Lot of good games for sure, but I'll probably wait on most, too much stuff coming out soon I want more, and I'll be sucked into the Fortnite BR for probably a long time anyways :P

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#7814 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Are BC games not allowed to be downloaded to external drives? Was trying to download Halo Reach to my external since the internal is full and it never offers the option to switch drives. Even trying to pause the download and move it to the external doesn't work, so maybe I just missed this issue every time I've not tried to do that before now.

Barf that white theme...

Told you guys that Major Nelson is a monster.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7815 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Are BC games not allowed to be downloaded to external drives? Was trying to download Halo Reach to my external since the internal is full and it never offers the option to switch drives. Even trying to pause the download and move it to the external doesn't work, so maybe I just missed this issue every time I've not tried to do that before now.

I have a 2TB USB HDD that is designated for :360: BC games.  I don't have a problem moving them around.

#7816 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   2858 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:00 PM

I have all BC games on a separate external, so it can definitely be done. No idea what could be causing the issue though. Do you have it set as the default storage device?

782879.png

#7817 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

I have a 2TB USB HDD that is designated for :360: BC games.  I don't have a problem moving them around.

I have all BC games on a separate external, so it can definitely be done. No idea what could be causing the issue though. Do you have it set as the default storage device?

Not moving to an external, but directly downloading BC games to it.

Normal games just give me the "Sorry! There's not enough space here, want to download it to the external?" prompt and that's not what's happening for Reach. It just tells me to free up space or Fuck off.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7818 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Didn't seem like the anniversary had a meaningful impact on the Halo 3 population. Maybe more people will be on in the evening.

The Halo 5 anniversary playlist is up though, and it's better than I expected. The Forge maps are very good, everything feels like it's the correct distance and weapon spawns are correct. I really hope this is a permanent playlist because it's the most fun I've had in 5's Arena. Really, I'd like to see a second playlist for Big Team or something similar, so more vehicle focused maps could show up, like Rat's Nest. Keeping something like this in future games could go a long way to appease fans of the older games.

List of the actual changes.

-Motion Tracker range is increased to 25m
-All Spartan Abilities are disabled (Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Stabilize, and Clamber)
-Player jump height is increased
-Slightly increased the effect of gravity on players
-Player movement speed decreased
-Increased player forward and strafe acceleration
-Adjusted shield and health recharge rate to approximate Halo 3 values
-Classic Team Oddball: Reduced ball carrier movement speed
-Classic Multi-Flag CTF: Reduced flag carrier movement speed

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7819 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

I predict a great sale next week!

Tastes like chicken.

#7820 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Not moving to an external, but directly downloading BC games to it.

Normal games just give me the "Sorry! There's not enough space here, want to download it to the external?" prompt and that's not what's happening for Reach. It just tells me to free up space or Fuck off.

Have you tried setting your external as your default drive? When I added mine originally I would move stuff that was already downloaded to the internal no problem, and now that it’s my default drive it takes any One or 360 games directly to it with no issue.

#7821 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9297 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Wow, I needed this thread today and thanks for all that. Soo... sigh... it turns out that the Unlimited Plan I have with Verizon has a 15 GB Hotspot cap... Yeah, no it didn't. I had the fucken plan since May, the month they announced it'd be available. I signed up day one, like I read about oh looks like Verizon will be doing Unlimited Plans now that night and the next day called in and switched onto it. The Verizon employee said they didn't even know about it until they came in that day. So that would be May, June, July, & August I had been using their 4G LTE Unlimited Plan on my Pixel with my Xbox One & Asus laptop using its hotspot with some occasionaly slowdown during the summer when all the tourists came into our little town (because after 22GB they'll prioritize whomever needs their connection via their congested network).

Then this month all of a sudden I get an automated message on my Goggle Pixel, "Verizon Msg: Your 4G Smartphone ending in #REDACTED had 10% remaining of its monthly 15GB 4G LTE allowance, which resets on the 21st." Then that same night, "Version Msg: Your 4G Smartphone ending in #REDACTED has reached its 15GB 4G LTE allowance. You'll have speeds up to 600 Kbps until your next bill cycle." My god, do things not download on the Xbox One when they give you UP TO 600 Kbps, Kbps! FUCKING Killabits, that's not even Kilobytes. All of a sudden I have a cap on my hotspot. I got the same message on the 24th (data shit resets on the night of the 21st), after I was able to get Saints Row: The Third & Livelock fully downloaded and play some Fortnite, Halo Wars 2 & Rocket League online. Knowing I had used a bunch for that and Pinball FX 3 coming up, Forza Motorsport 7 on the horizon, I decided to not do any updates or get any Ready to Install games.

So, I went into the support on my My Verizon app on my phone and via chat talked with the Verizon chat representative. I explained the whole situation and said I was confused about the data notification. They initially said the same thing that automated message told me and then they decided that they'd have to look into it with their Tier 2 Tech Team. AND IT BOILS DOWN TO IT WAS ALWAYS THERE BUT NEVER WENT INTO EFFECT BECAUSE IT WAS A SYSTEM GLITCH! They said oh it was a system glitch - that hotspot cap should have been in place from the get go - we fixed it now. Then had the fuckin nerve to upsell me onto their new GO Unlimited Plan which apparently has data boosts you can get at a fee. Oh how much are you talking about here. They go you can add an extra 5GB for $35 a month. In my head, my current mindset after they told me this.
Spoiler

I pointed out that shit, the average game is 35GB with updates being half that at times, how the hell would I stream or game at anything 4K. They told me, "Actually, for any 4K related videos or streaming we do recommend FiOS." Fios isn't available in my area, if we had Fios, I wouldn't be using their 4G LTE via hotspot as my only source of internet. I read about Verizon customers in rural Maine that just got cut off from their service because they were said to be using too much roaming for Verizon to be profitable and went shit we're fucking next. Well apparently the illusive unlimited internet has come to an end for me.
So I'm fucked and apparently live on a fuckin submarine...

I posted some of the CS chat log on Imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/s0fYP

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#7822 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

I predict a great sale next week!

STOP LYING TO ME!

giphy.gif

:xb1: Mafia III Deluxe Edition, brand new/unused season pass code, for $30. XBL credit or cash. PM me if interested.

#7823 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

List of the actual changes.
-Motion Tracker range is increased to 25m
-All Spartan Abilities are disabled (Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Stabilize, and Clamber)
-Player jump height is increased
-Slightly increased the effect of gravity on players
-Player movement speed decreased
-Increased player forward and strafe acceleration
-Adjusted shield and health recharge rate to approximate Halo 3 values
-Classic Team Oddball: Reduced ball carrier movement speed
-Classic Multi-Flag CTF: Reduced flag carrier movement speed

https://www.halowayp...birthday-halo-3

This sounds cool. And it’s on forge-d H3 maps? Haven’t been on Halo 5 in a while but I might have to check this out tonight.

#7824 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Have you tried setting your external as your default drive? When I added mine originally I would move stuff that was already downloaded to the internal no problem, and now that it’s my default drive it takes any One or 360 games directly to it with no issue.

This is my thought as well. When I hooked up my new external drive a few months ago, I specified for it to be the default download location and have never had a problem with anything going to the internal drive first. it sounds like the internal drive is currently the default location.

6TJRqLz.gif

#7825 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7438 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

Pinball fx3 on Tuesday... Yeah buddy
Mr+hockey66.png

giphy.gif

#7826 bardockkun   Porn, Kitsch And Firearms CAGiversary!   12324 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

bardockkun

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

SSSSSSSSSSSTOP LYING TO ME!

giphy.gif

Fixed to make it more accurate to the character.

Posted Image

#7827 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

In for Injustice 2 @$24.99

#7828 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3488 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

In for Injustice 2 @$24.99

It's was 23.99 at Best Buy last night
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#7829 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9297 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Pinball fx3 on Tuesday... Yeah buddy

Hoping it's a reasonable digital size.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#7830 w00dm4nEXE  

w00dm4nEXE

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Wow, I needed this thread today and thanks for all that. Soo... sigh... it turns out that the Unlimited Plan I have with Verizon has a 15 GB Hotspot cap... Yeah, no it didn't. I had the fucken plan since May, the month they announced it'd be available. I signed up day one, like I read about oh looks like Verizon will be doing Unlimited Plans now that night and the next day called in and switched onto it. The Verizon employee said they didn't even know about it until they came in that day. So that would be May, June, July, & August I had been using their 4G LTE Unlimited Plan on my Pixel with my Xbox One & Asus laptop using its hotspot with some occasionaly slowdown during the summer when all the tourists came into our little town (because after 22GB they'll prioritize whomever needs their connection via their congested network).

Then this month all of a sudden I get an automated message on my Goggle Pixel, "Verizon Msg: Your 4G Smartphone ending in #REDACTED had 10% remaining of its monthly 15GB 4G LTE allowance, which resets on the 21st." Then that same night, "Version Msg: Your 4G Smartphone ending in #REDACTED has reached its 15GB 4G LTE allowance. You'll have speeds up to 600 Kbps until your next bill cycle." My god, do things not download on the Xbox One when they give you UP TO 600 Kbps, Kbps! FUCKING Killabits, that's not even Kilobytes. All of a sudden I have a cap on my hotspot. I got the same message on the 24th (data shit resets on the night of the 21st), after I was able to get Saints Row: The Third & Livelock fully downloaded and play some Fortnite, Halo Wars 2 & Rocket League online. Knowing I had used a bunch for that and Pinball FX 3 coming up, Forza Motorsport 7 on the horizon, I decided to not do any updates or get any Ready to Install games.

So, I went into the support on my My Verizon app on my phone and via chat talked with the Verizon chat representative. I explained the whole situation and said I was confused about the data notification. They initially said the same thing that automated message told me and then they decided that they'd have to look into it with their Tier 2 Tech Team. AND IT BOILS DOWN TO IT WAS ALWAYS THERE BUT NEVER WENT INTO EFFECT BECAUSE IT WAS A SYSTEM GLITCH! They said oh it was a system glitch - that hotspot cap should have been in place from the get go - we fixed it now. Then had the fuckin nerve to upsell me onto their new GO Unlimited Plan which apparently has data boosts you can get at a fee. Oh how much are you talking about here. They go you can add an extra 5GB for $35 a month. In my head, my current mindset after they told me this.

Spoiler

I pointed out that shit, the average game is 35GB with updates being half that at times, how the hell would I stream or game at anything 4K. They told me, "Actually, for any 4K related videos or streaming we do recommend FiOS." Fios isn't available in my area, if we had Fios, I wouldn't be using their 4G LTE via hotspot as my only source of internet. I read about Verizon customers in rural Maine that just got cut off from their service because they were said to be using too much roaming for Verizon to be profitable and went shit we're fucking next. Well apparently the illusive unlimited internet has come to an end for me.
So I'm fucked and apparently live on a fuckin submarine...

I posted some of the CS chat log on Imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/s0fYP

I'd cry myself to sleep at nights when i had verizon dsl during the 360 era of gaming with that 20GB HDD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360