* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy: $1 off ANY games w/ in store pick up

#31 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Now that's a good one. :)

The reason why I didn't make a brand new thread about it last Wed & only posted about it in the Weekly Ad thread last wk was coz its not for everything in store. It has to be on stuff from the Weekly Ad. Also people probably would've said its so measly or whatever just like here too. Plus its not an immediate discount just like all those times I posted about the SYWR pointsback promo from GS or BBY orders

#32 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Hmm,

$1 off

45 miles to Best Buy

$2.50/gal for gas

itMcsy5.gif

#33 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hmm,

$1 off
45 miles to Best Buy
$2.50/gal for gas

itMcsy5.gif

Got to spend money to save money. Obviously!

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hmm,

$1 off
45 miles to Best Buy
$2.50/gal for gas

itMcsy5.gif

Clearly yes.

#35 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

I dunno.  It works out in my favor.  Bestbuy is less than five miles away from my office, on my route home, so I usually choose in-store pickup on anything that's not a pre-order, simply because it's quicker and easier to swing by on the way home than wait two days for it to show up via shipping.

#36 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2413 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

If you buy 48ish games with GCU, you'll get one free!

If i return 47 games do i get to keep 1 free?

#37 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

So much negativity on here. Times have changed.

Glad I could help some out.

Lol so true, like most accurate way to say it too.

#38 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Interesting. They refused to give it to me on my last three preorders (White Day, RE7: GotY, Senran Kagura: PBS).  Eh, it's just a buck each, but it would be nice if they'd be more consistent.

It's not always going to work on preorders since stores don't get everything. White Day seems to be online only.

This is definitely something that's going to save them millions in shipping. ;)

#39 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Hey does that retailmenot promo work on preorders. Wanna do it for Mario odyssey

Don't think so, it works on things in their ad.

#40 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

It's not always going to work on preorders since stores don't get everything. White Day seems to be online only.

Yep, give a customer $1 off to save an average of probably $5, no brainer.

#41 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hey Tyrok, speaking of online-only things...  This is slightly off-topic, but what does it mean exactly when something shows as "Sold Out" on the website?  Does it mean that it's just a temporary thing or that they're never, ever, ever going to get it back in again?

I held off on picking up the RE movies partially because they weren't that great and partially because I wanted to wait until they were all done and then just buy the box set.  But when the box set came out and they didn't include the 3D versions, I said "screw it" and figured I'll just get the 3D versions of what I can and the special Pop-Art steelbooks (a Bestbuy Exclusive) of the rest.  I have everything now except Apocalypse which is not at my store and has been showing as Sold Out on the website for months with no way to order it.  Curiously enough, a couple days ago, it went on sale for $14.99 (previously $17.99) even though there is still no way to buy it.  :(

#42 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

this promo doesnt seem to work for Kindom hearts.  am I doing something wrong?

#43 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

If only my nearest best buy wasn't like 30 miles away

Nice deal, but i'll stick w/ amazon no-rush shipping for $1 off digital items.

#44 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

This deal is like reverse cheapness...worse than reverse discrimination if you ask me. 

#45 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Where is this mystical $2.5/gallon gas that you people speak of?

#46 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Hey Tyrok, speaking of online-only things...  This is slightly off-topic, but what does it mean exactly when something shows as "Sold Out" on the website?  Does it mean that it's just a temporary thing or that they're never, ever, ever going to get it back in again?

I held off on picking up the RE movies partially because they weren't that great and partially because I wanted to wait until they were all done and then just buy the box set.  But when the box set came out and they didn't include the 3D versions, I said "screw it" and figured I'll just get the 3D versions of what I can and the special Pop-Art steelbooks (a Bestbuy Exclusive) of the rest.  I have everything now except Apocalypse which is not at my store and has been showing as Sold Out on the website for months with no way to order it.  Curiously enough, a couple days ago, it went on sale for $14.99 (previously $17.99) even though there is still no way to buy it.  :(

It probably just means Sony isn't going to make any more to supply Best Buy's distributor. I believe Steelbooks have to be purchased in a certain amount and they don't expect to sell enough to justify making more. The 3 $10 ones right now are only that cheap because they are available in stores in Sony's deal section.

#47 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Thank OP, must be new I didn't see it as a option a week when I preordered Super Mario, but see it now when I tried to preorder Wolfenstein 2, $1 dollar saved, plus if BB does Midnight opening I'll be able to get it the day on Thursday. :bouncy:

#48 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

It only works if you put the item for shipping in your art first and then switch to in store pickup after going to your cart.

#49 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1908 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Worked for me. Also used the retailmenot $5 back on $30+ to get Pokken Tournament. 

Hey does that retailmenot promo work on preorders. Wanna do it for Mario odyssey

Retailmenot site says on weekly ad items only so it should work as Mario is on there. Pokken Tournament, not so sure since it's not on there on this week's ad.

#50 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8846 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

This has been going on a while. Works on dvds/bluray too.

#51 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

Unless it's on your way you probably spend more in gas than you save

#52 jmizzal  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Unless it's on your way you probably spend more in gas than you save

I always walk to bestbuy on my break at work to pick up my games anyways, so gas isnt an issue, i'm gonna be getting 5 more games the rest of the year from best buy so thats 5 dollars saved for me.

#53 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

how will they stay in business!?!?!?

#54 omegafinal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

omegafinal

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

It helps a small bit, and is potentially useful if you are near one, either by work, home, or commute in between. Even though I already preordered a few games without knowing this little bit, I'll try it in the future.

#55 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6093 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Interesting. They refused to give it to me on my last three preorders (White Day, RE7: GotY, Senran Kagura: PBS).  Eh, it's just a buck each, but it would be nice if they'd be more consistent.

It wont work on SenranKagura:PBS because they want to see the guy picking this up lolololol

• Ros likes this

#56 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10965 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Useful to me because I usually do in-store pickup for a completely non-CAG reason: so the delivery of a game isn’t in my wife’s view to see just how many games I buy. ;)

#57 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

It wont work on SenranKagura:PBS because they want to see the guy picking this up lolololol

o_O? If that were the case, they'd want it to work so people would have to go to the store and pick it up rather than just having it shipped...

#58 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Useful to me because I usually do in-store pickup for a completely non-CAG reason: so the delivery of a game isn’t in my wife’s view to see just how many games I buy. ;)

Hah! I have it shipped to me for the same reason. If I had to go to Bestbuy to pick it up, my girlfriend would wonder why I'm getting home so late. Instead I have my games shipped to my mom's house and swing by there to pick them up since it's on the way. :)

#59 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lol, I'm just imagining your wife worrying you are having an affair on your 12th trip to Best Buy and then you sobbing, "It's only video games!". Just made me laugh.

#60 SlicingWind   Thaumaturgist CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

SlicingWind

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

Awesome, I had no idea, and I pickup all my games as well. Good for new purchases, amazing for those $16-20 w/ gcu deals.