* * * * * 2 votes

Free Star Wars Battlefront II Early Access Beta Codes (Via EA Support)

EA Star Wars Battlefront Beta

#1 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

For those of you that want to get into the Battlefront 2 beta now and don't wanna wait until it goes live on the 6th, there's an easy method. 

Via EA Support just use the link provided and choose your platform of preference, codes and promotions and then lost code. Just say that you didn't get a beta code, same goes for the recommended support option page. You should get an email shortly and it will work. Here's proof

https://help.ea.com/...issue=lost-code

D80mHoi.jpg

#2 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

Also I'm posting this here cause it makes more sense

#3 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2545 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

This is outrageous. I can't believe I paid $0.01 to Best Buy for a beta code.

#4 NeoMonk  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

This is outrageous. I can't believe I paid $0.01 to Best Buy for a beta code.

The starving children you could have fed with that dough will now die.

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#5 SirConnery   I'm selling all my Game Boy games! CAGiversary!   905 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

It asks to attach a receipt.

#6 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

It asks to attach a receipt.

You don't have to do that

#7 InfinitiPJ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

InfinitiPJ

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

I haven't pre-ordered the game. I was sent a code within 2-3 minutes.

Thanks, OP!

hZsqIWb.jpg
mRLTYtp.jpg
Posted Image

#8 EJam3s01   I was born ready CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

EJam3s01

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

So after doing that, just sit on the select support option page and wait for e-mail?

#9 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

So after doing that, just sit on the select support option page and wait for e-mail?

Yep, your email should be sent within 2-3 minutes. 

#10 Red_32  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

The link is not working for me?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#11 ghettog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

Thanks it works. I got one for xbox one and PS4 since I think my first request was accidentally set to xbox one after I logged in. I made a second request for the PS4 since that is what I own and they sent me both.

#12 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16077 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:17 AM

thanks op. worked fast

1080i is for douchebags

#13 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

Thanks it works. I got one for xbox one and PS4 since I think my first request was accidentally set to xbox one after I logged in. I made a second request for the PS4 since that is what I own and they sent me both.

Still have the xbox code? I did one for me, but buddy of mine needs one. Just asking

#14 shoothimnow   Kickin' Ass + Takin' Names CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shoothimnow

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:27 AM

Does this code give the Pre-Order bonus's too?

#15 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

Thanks, got the code for PC

#16 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

Got one, too. Took about an hour to install. Played for 20 minutes and uninstalled. 

Thanks, OP. 

#17 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

Does social engineering count as a deal?

Does this code give the Pre-Order bonus's too?

I'd guess no. When I bought the pre-order pack from Best Buy I only got a code from the beta, and people in that thread said Best Buy would send the DLC codes when the game comes out. Since this is just EA support replacing your "lost" key, I don't see why it'd give you the DLC too.

#18 Mr.Sybok   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Thanks OP I got the code almost instantly :)

#19 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Does social engineering count as a deal?
I'd guess no. When I bought the pre-order pack from Best Buy I only got a code from the beta, and people in that thread said Best Buy would send the DLC codes when the game comes out. Since this is just EA support replacing your "lost" key, I don't see why it'd give you the DLC too.

It’s not social engineering. It’s filling out a few text boxes...

#20 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

It’s not social engineering. It’s filling out a few text boxes..

It's actually the definition of social engineering.  You're manipulating someone into performing an action or divulging information - ie, providing you with a beta code that you aren't entitled to.

Though I suppose you could go with the simpler "Does lying count as a deal?" if that makes you feel better.

(not judging, but let's just call it what it is)

#21 Fatmanexoress  

Fatmanexoress

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

yeah I've tried to do this like 10 times but it just keeps on trying to load but it never does and my internet is not the cause of this so I'm guessing is broken

#22 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Already have one but going to see if I go get one for a friend.  But it goes live tomorrow anyway huh.

#23 blazerfanbc  

blazerfanbc

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

If anyone wants a code, I have a spare:

MS8A-92ZZ-JLII-GIRP

I think it's for Playstation? Amazon gave it to me and it didn't work for my Xbox so they gave me a different one. Enjoy!

#24 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

It's actually the definition of social engineering.  You're manipulating someone into performing an action or divulging information - ie, providing you with a beta code that you aren't entitled to.

Though I suppose you could go with the simpler "Does lying count as a deal?" if that makes you feel better.

(not judging, but let's just call it what it is)

By that definition, YMMV deals that requires overriding like coupon or discount after pricematching or on clearance price when it shouldn't be allowed are also social engineering.

#25 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

By that definition, YMMV deals that requires overriding like coupon or discount after pricematching or on clearance price when it shouldn't be allowed are also social engineering.

That doesn't disprove the point at all, lol

Social engineering is the practice of manipulating a person into doing something or providing information (usually confidential information, like passwords, etc).  So if, say... You should only get the discount OR the pricematch, but you either try to coerce the cashier into doing both or trick them in some way, yes, that would be social engineering.

Submitting a form saying "Woe is me, for I hath lost my beta key! Please help!" when you never had a beta key to begin with is very much the same, because you are manipulating the person working that form by deliberately misleading them.

Again, I'm not judging - You do you, booboo.  But saying it isn't something that it is seems silly.  Just own it.

#26 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7197 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Not sure I would call it social engineering.  You aren't tricking someone into doing something.

Gaming the system maybe.

Honestly don't see the big deal either way.  It is a beta (not a full game) and the more testers likely the better results.  

Probably not any more 'shady' then the glitch or whatever that allowed me to buy a code for both consoles for a buck and change on Best Buys website. 

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#27 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Not sure I would call it social engineering. You aren't tricking someone into doing something.

> lost my code (lie)

Trick
noun
a cunning or skillful act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone.
synonyms: ploy, ruse, scheme

Not really cunning or skillful so you're right, it's not a trick.

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#28 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7197 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

> lost my code (lie)

Trick
noun
a cunning or skillful act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone.
synonyms: ploy, ruse, scheme

Not really cunning or skillful so you're right, it's not a trick.

I didn't see the screen shots before.  I guess you are lying to someone.  I assumed it was a automated system and not a chat.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#29 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

That doesn't disprove the point at all, lol

Again, I'm not judging - You do you, booboo.  But saying it isn't something that it is seems silly.  Just own it.

I'm just saying using that definition, social engineering deals have been long existed and been posted here for many many times.

#30 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Not sure I would call it social engineering.  You aren't tricking someone into doing something.

Gaming the system maybe.

Honestly don't see the big deal either way.  It is a beta (not a full game) and the more testers likely the better results.  

Probably not any more 'shady' then the glitch or whatever that allowed me to buy a code for both consoles for a buck and change on Best Buys website. 

They are going to have a public beta on Oct 6 anyway, it's certainly not big deal to them to give out 1 day or 2 earlier.

Definitely not as shady as those selling the beta code on ebay.