* * * * * 22 votes

Black Friday 2017 - The Epic Master Thread

#2341 Mystery Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Mystery Man

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

Are the Walmart and GameStop deals showing up in stores now?

#2342 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10393 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Gamestop is closed until 4pm. And opening times vary, especially if GS is in a mall.

#2343 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Gravity Rush 2 is clearances at some Walmart’s. Just got 2 for $15

#2344 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11234 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Are the Walmart and GameStop deals showing up in stores now?

Find a gamestop that's open and let me know

Deader2818.png

#2345 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

FYI I bought it when it came out. Backlog is so big and I finally opened a couple months ago and the code was expired.

Some people have had luck contacting Bethesda if you have a receipt or other evidence you purchased it before expiration. Apparently made the early expiration (Imperial pack does not expire until 11/18) so people who waited to get it cheap would be out of luck.

#2346 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Was able to score a copy of Cars 3 on bluray for $7 at WM about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't get the wired switch controller or Mario and Rabbids they were all packed up for tonight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2347 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Walmart had games just out in the open

won't let you check them out until 6PM

But I did spot a few ppl grabbing game cards & making them disappear..  :-

G7aMUlj.jpg

b6g1NUv.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#2348 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

It's worrisome to think that as years pass, online will only grow sales-wise and it's clearly incapable of handling that demand. Even with early access at BB to alleviate stress, they still couldn't cope with the normal BF rush. Can't imagine how bad this will be years from now, especially with less storefronts as businesses shutter or reduce their physical presence. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2349 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6948 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Walmart had games just out in the open
won't let you check them out until 6PM
But I did spot a few ppl grabbing game cards & making them disappear.. :-

G7aMUlj.jpg

Oh, so they are giving the same deals for digital? Sorry if I’m late to the party knowing that.

That said, still don’t think I’ll be braving the crowds at WM.

#2350 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

It's worrisome to think that as years pass, online will only grow sales-wise and it's clearly incapable of handling that demand. Even with early access to alleviate stress, they still couldn't cope with the normal BF rush. Can't imagine how bad this will be years from now, especially with less storefronts as businesses shutter or reduce their physical presence. . .

Not the net, it's the servers. Technology exists to keep things running, but with that sort of demand happening only once a year, not worth it for them to invest too heavily.

#2351 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Not the net, it's the servers. Technology exists to keep things running, but with that sort of demand happening only once a year, not worth it for them to invest too heavily.

Well yeah, it's essentially a DDOS and just imagine if someone were to DDOS them WHILE people were trying to shop.

RIP.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2352 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Best TV for the price (4K)? Need gelp

#2353 kanekiken  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Was able to score a copy of Cars 3 on bluray for $7 at WM about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't get the wired switch controller or Mario and Rabbids they were all packed up for tonight.

The Blu-ray is $7? I thought it was $17.

#2354 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

are all black friday prices live yet online at toysrus.com? cars3 is on sale but the price is only $20 off not $30 like they stated, will the stuff update later?

#2355 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10393 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Id you have the budget, TCL P series for 599.99 at Best Buy

#2356 DocNano  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Think Walmart will be crazy before the Black Friday sales start? Lol

Ran out of a few things and Walmart is the only store close to me open(besides CVS and gas stations).

#2357 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

It's worrisome to think that as years pass, online will only grow sales-wise and it's clearly incapable of handling that demand. Even with early access at BB to alleviate stress, they still couldn't cope with the normal BF rush. Can't imagine how bad this will be years from now, especially with less storefronts as businesses shutter or reduce their physical presence. . .

It won't matter if Net Neutrality is taken away next month. You really think all of these gamers and streamers will still be around? I mean, obviously many will be but this shit will end up driving up costs of services of ISPs and the streaming/game services themselves. Or you'll have ISPs that slow down your net to dial-up standards and people simply won't be able to do this shit. Moral of story: go out and call federal and your state reps or none of this shit will matter as anyone who thinks it won't affect them is crazy. When these services start losing money because loss of revenue , everyone is going to pay for it (literally at that) in the end in some way.

#2358 PartyPeet  

PartyPeet

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

Just got out of Wal-Mart. Picked up Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and that's it. The Steam sale blows, really wanted Dark Souls 3 complete and Nier for under 25-30 but that's not happening.

#2359 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

I got a confirmation from GameStop last night but I still haven’t been charged and now Injustice 2 changed from “usually ships in 24 hours” to “currently unavailable online” in my order history is this normal?

#2360 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6541 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

This is all I have been doing for the last week or longer.  Studying forums and advice for TVs.  These are by far the best two TVs this year:

55" LG OLED B7  $1499.99

55" Sony 900E LED (LCD) $999.99

The OLED is about the nicest TV you can get, especially for that price.  There is some concern over image retention and burn-in issues.  But everyone on the blu ray forums and resetera tech threads are getting the OLED.  

Me? I purchased the 900e.  Had it for two days but haven't had much chance to test it out with 4K content yet.   its insane value at only 1k, and everything looks great so far.   Only issues is that its not OLED and it doesn't have Dolby Vision.  You might want to check out DV.  Only brand new, mostly high-end TVs have it.  Its a format similar to HDR but not really implemented yet on anything more than Netflix and some streaming content where the bitrate is a bottleneck anyways.  

If you jump up to 65" the prices increase drastically. 

If you want a budget TV the best sets you can get are the TCL LCDs on Amazon, or Best Buy:

TCL 55S405 55" $379.99

TCL 55P607 55" $649.99

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#2361 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

This is all I have been doing for the last week or longer. Studying forums and advice for TVs. These are by far the best two TVs this year:
55" LG OLED B7 $1499.99

The OLED is about the nicest TV you can get, especially for that price. There is some concern over image retention and burn-in issues. But everyone on the blu ray forums and resetera tech threads are getting the OLED.

Me? I purchased the 900e. Had it for two days but haven't had much chance to test it out with 4K content yet. its insane value at only 1k, and everything looks great so far. Only issues is that its not OLED and it doesn't have Dolby Vision. You might want to check out DV. Only brand new, mostly high-end TVs have it. Its a format similar to HDR but not really implemented yet on anything more than Netflix and some streaming content where the bitrate is a bottleneck anyways.

How about this one from BBY?

UN65MU6070FXZA

Not sure if it’s a new one just for Black Friday.

I really don’t watch TV much tbh, but I have a 1080p 120hz from literally right when they came out...like 7 -8 years ago (40inches)

#2362 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Anyone with experience with GS Product Replacement Plan? It is good, or too much hassle?

Don't get me started...

#2363 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Just drove past best buy on our way to my wife’s parents house and there is a line of 20 neckbeards freezing out side. For the ones who don’t have any nearby family, they get a free pass. I can understand that.

The ones who are openly choosing to be there while the rest of their family is enjoying time with each other without them needs to seek professional help soon. Very selfish of them.

#2364 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

For budget 4K TV the best one is TCL P605/607, mid-range the Sony 900E, and high end LG B7 or C7 as well.

Don't get me started...

#2365 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6541 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

How about this one from BBY?

UN65MU6070FXZA

Not sure if it’s a new one just for Black Friday.

That is a 600 series black friday TV  meaning made with reject parts.  Low-end junk.  Never buy new models made for black friday.  

#2366 Omni99  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

This is all I have been doing for the last week or longer.  Studying forums and advice for TVs.  These are by far the best two TVs this year:

55" LG OLED B7  $1499.99

The OLED is about the nicest TV you can get, especially for that price.  There is some concern over image retention and burn-in issues.  But everyone on the blu ray forums and resetera tech threads are getting the OLED.  

Me? I purchased the 900e.  Had it for two days but haven't had much chance to test it out with 4K content yet.   its insane value at only 1k, and everything looks great so far.   Only issues is that its not OLED and it doesn't have Dolby Vision.  You might want to check out DV.  Only brand new, mostly high-end TVs have it.  Its a format similar to HDR but not really implemented yet on anything more than Netflix and some streaming content where the bitrate is a bottleneck anyways.  

I'm big on TV's too. OLED is the best for PQ. But those prices will come down over time if you can wait. Also, it's worth it to save and get the bigger size if you can swing it. Biggest post buy regret is usually not going bigger.

I'm patient. I can wait for the prices on these OLED's to drop like plasma did as its lifespan went on. Just glad the tech is there whenever I'm ready. Bought one of the last plasma's they made to hold me over.

#2367 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

If your local Wal-Mart hasn't locked up the games yet, you can get the sale price on them. Got Mario and Rabbids for $30. The lady there said she was going to have to pull all the sale games now.

#2368 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6541 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

I'm big on TV's too. OLED is the best for PQ. But those prices will come down over time if you can wait. Also, it's worth it to save and get the bigger size if you can swing it. Biggest post buy regret is usually not going bigger.

I'm patient. I can wait for the prices on these OLED's to drop like plasma did as its lifespan went on. Just glad the tech is there whenever I'm ready. Bought one of the last plasma's they made to hold me over.

Aye, I am half-tempted to return my TV and wait yet another year for OLED.  My XBR from '08 still looks amazing.  You get what you pay for.

LG is making a ton more panels next year to manufacture more TVs than in '17. However, the prices are fantastic this year on those two sets. There is always new tech right around the corner too.  It's the same dilemma as always.  Right now is as good of time to buy as any.

#2369 element676   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

element676

What is up with Amazon this year? Usually things are laid out better, but there isnt even a page for game deals this year and I see no lightening deals. You cannot even add South Park to your cart and there is no option to purchase.

#2370 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

FYI I bought it when it came out. Backlog is so big and I finally opened a couple months ago and the code was expired.

Did you buy for PS4, or X1?