NES Classic Edition available today @ 3pm PST - (Woot App)

Pecoros

CAGiversary!
Not a deal, but its still hard to get, especially around the holidays.

I received an email saying the NES Classic Edition will be available today via Woot.com's mobile app. Most of their app exclusive daily releases are at 3PM PST. If you enable push notifications, it should notify when its live. Good luck!

- Updated with email image (Thanks JediJonL)

woot_nes_email_2.png

woot_nes_email_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Different ways in which Woot is probably screwing with us:

1.  Price will be way higher than $59.99.

2.  Consoles will be pre-owned/refurbished.

3.  Less than 10 units will be available.

4.  App gets fucked.  Can't add to cart or checkout.

I'm guessing nobody here will successfully score one, and that this is just a sleazy ploy by Woot to acquire new users and app downloads.

Hope I'm wrong.

Nintendo said they were making more NES-C, although I thought they meant next year.
Yes, but not until next summer, as they are still manufacturing the SNES Classic for the time being.

I'm putting my money on the app breaking in less than 2 seconds.
I don't see 2 seconds happening. LOL

This is an early April fools prank right?
Probably. LOL

Or they are just trying to get downloads for their app, in the hopes that people may like it past not getting the NES Classic, which is doubtful. But I've seen way worse scams in my time, so good luck to them.

I mean Amazon is a parent company of them
Right and they had that treasure truck promo months back where they had 1000s of them when they were sold out everywhere and production had ceased so who knows if they've been sitting on this stock for whatever reason or if Nintendo gave them a new batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right and they had that treasure truck promo months back where they had 1000s of them when they were sold out everywhere and production had ceased so who knows if they've been sitting on this stock for whatever reason or if Nintendo gave them a new batch.
They didn't sell out. By the end of the Treasure Truck in my city, they still had hundreds left. This may be back stock from that.

From the reviews on the app store, it looks like ppl are saying is click bait... a lot of users are complaining scam to make you download... 

I rolled the dice! 

I downloaded the app, created a Woot account, saved all my payment and shipping info, and then turned on all notifications for the app.

Wish me luck!

According to their twitter page, it's coming at 5PM CST.

https://twitter.com/woot/status/928693677391835137/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.woot.com%2F

For any of you look for SNES classic here is some advice. Every Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 1030AM to 2PM ganeatops get their SNES shipments and it's very easy to buy since they don't advertise but you do have to ask at the counter

I got 2 yesterday and I was able to get one at launch now I got 3 which I am thinking one 2 keep and the other 2 to give my nephews

App broke at 5 on the dot, server errors until sold out. Never saw that one coming. Trash app, scam deal.

Got one! The app crashed after I hit place order (I didn’t even look at the price...just kept clicking). It got stuck on the pinwheel of doom but said it was checking inventory and payment. Checked my email and I got a confirmation. I’m actually shocked that I was able to get one.

bread's done
Back