YMMV- Free SC II: Heart of the Swarm for SC II:WoL Owners

What is the from address?  What is the subject?  I don't see such an email but that may be because I already own both.

SCII is going free to play, so it's not really a YMMV situation, unless maybe you JUST bought WoL. Everyone with a battle.net account can get WoL for free, and people that already had that get HotS for free. The latest expansion isn't free though.

SCII is going free to play, so it's not really a YMMV situation, unless maybe you JUST bought WoL. Everyone with a battle.net account can get WoL for free, and people that already had that get HotS for free. The latest expansion isn't free though.
This.

You're not getting something "special" in your email outside the fact that SC2 going f2p could be called special.

After the change, the following is true:

-Wings of Liberty now free in its entirety. Campaign, multiplayer (ranked ladder, cooperative, etc.)—the whole shebang.

-Free upgrade to Heart of the Swarm for anyone who already bought Wings of Liberty. (No special upgrades to Legacy of the Void.)

-Prior SC2 owners will also get a ghost skin and some portrait pictures. Whoop-de-doo! /jazzhands

Here's the blog post about it.

Someone really needs to make a “check your email” thread so we can stop cluttering up the forums with what is essentially useless information. You either got the deal or you didn’t. If you’re not checking your email at least periodically you deserve to miss out. These kinds of posts always annoy me. I usually ignore them but this is like the 3rd or 4th one of these this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI - they also send this to your notification center on the Blizzard/Battle.net Launcher PC client in case you don't want to bother with sifting through your e-mail.

bread's done
Back