- - - - -

Rightstuf 2017 Holiday Sale Thread - 30 Days of Savings Is Over, See You All Next Year For Disappoint

rightstuf please good sale anime manga blu-ray dvd more naughty stuff this year outshined by Sentai sale come on 2017 lots of lists

#31 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

nothing to much sticking out to me, might pick up some of the novels that are on sale.

#32 Arleisha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

Finally, I've been waiting for 4 years for Vividred to be more than $10 off.   :lol:

#33 Jommy   I wish I could come up with a cool title CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

Picked up the garden of sinners LE.

#34 clash3701  

clash3701

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

the big o looks tempting hmmm

#35 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Does Got Anime work on any of these things? Its stupid they don't show what is available for the discount to encourage people to join

#36 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Does Got Anime work on any of these things? Its stupid they don't show what is available for the discount to encourage people to join

I believe not. The GA? discount usually only stacks for the studio sales, not for Black Friday and Christmas specials. There's no way Rightstuf would let anything like the Aniplex titles be discounted further since they are never eligible for a discount to begin with.

#37 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

This sale looks awfully mediocre. Someone tell me what to buy.

Picked up the garden of sinners LE.

Damn, had to do a double take. Thought this beauty got reprinted, then I realized it's just Recalled Out Summer that you're taking about.

#38 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

so how is this???

https://www.rightstu...OM-Game-Windows

that said.....Where is my evangelion 4.44 damnit

edit:

when will anime make it to 4k???

#39 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19941 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:42 AM

so how is this???

https://www.rightstu...OM-Game-Windows

that said.....Where is my evangelion 4.44 damnit

edit:

when will anime make it to 4k???

last year

https://www.rightstu...LTRA-HD-Blu-ray

#40 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

Gundam Wing collection 1 on Blu is today's Cart Buster for $36. Can't help but think that eventually all of Gundam Wing will go for a decent price some time next year. Not interested in the CE so I can wait for the singles, especially considering Endless Waltz is rather ridiculously priced.

#41 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

good to know.....other animes need to follow suit

BTW....how was this? do you know? is it worth the 4k price?

#42 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

does this end tonight or tomorrow night?

#43 SPARDA3g   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SPARDA3g

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Is it ending today or tomorrow?

#44 iamanerd   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

iamanerd

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

I have a feeling the Black Friday sale ends but they're going to start some sort of holiday/Christmas sale. Otherwise that's a short sale from them that was eh at best.

#45 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

I have a feeling the Black Friday sale ends but they're going to start some sort of holiday/Christmas sale. Otherwise that's a short sale from them that was eh at best.

they almost always transfer straight from the black friday sale to the 13+ days of christmas sale, typically bringing over every item on sale aside from the weekly ones.

#46 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

I suppose this is the last day of the Cart Busters. In true Righstuf fashion, all of the previous items that were categorized as Cart Busters have all returned at their sale price with the addition of Black Butler season 3 LE today.

#47 Girls with Guns   Girls With Guns CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Girls with Guns

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Well, my first Black Friday Week Sales items arrived today, these are what I got from the Rightstuf BF Sale: 

Gate

A Town Where You Live

Yosuga no Sora

Record of Lodoss War TV/OVA

The Art of Castle in the Sky hardcover art book

I also received two titles from Amazon Japan today, and have BF orders from Sentai arriving tomorrow and Funimation whenever they get around to even bother shipping it. Typical Funimation. 

#48 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

hmmm seems like there isn't daily updates but weekly updates instead this year?

aside from the mega deal that is.

#49 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

I bought my very first Aniplex title: Madoka Magica -Rebellion- Limited Edition. This movie is as fucked up as End of Evangelion so I had to get it.

#50 Inque  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:29 AM

The update list has a broken code in one of the links half the two lists are showing up as grey text and no clickable links with the HTML code exposed.

#51 elessar123  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

The update list has a broken code in one of the links half the two lists are showing up as grey text and no clickable links with the HTML code exposed.

CAG character limits.

#52 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40067 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:10 AM

Just noticed Kill la Kill was on sale...any chance it comes back in stock or is it permanently gone? Some of them say "no longer available"

#53 Veitsev   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Just noticed Kill la Kill was on sale...any chance it comes back in stock or is it permanently gone? Some of them say "no longer available"

Very likely out of print.  Aniplex typically allows discounts when a set is almost out of inventory. They did this with nisekoi last year and I had to buy a region free player to import the (cheaper and available) UK versions.  Also got the monogatari sets which were like 1/3 the price.  That and Baccano.   Fuck Aniplex of America. 

If it comes back it will be as a complete set for a big price tag.  

FYI Nisekoi season one is £10.99 for parts one and two each on Amazon UK.

#54 too_jard  

too_jard

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

Very likely out of print. Aniplex typically allows discounts when a set is almost out of inventory. They did this with nisekoi last year and I had to buy a region free player to import the (cheaper and available) UK versions. Also got the monogatari sets which were like 1/3 the price. That and Baccano. Fuck Aniplex of America.

If it comes back it will be as a complete set for a big price tag.

FYI Nisekoi season one is £10.99 for parts one and two each on Amazon UK.

I wish they would just license out the stuff they have no intent of rereleasing. I'm trying to own a reasonably priced bluray of R.O.D the TV

#55 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

is there a way to see prices before the sale, to see how much it was actually discounted?

#56 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

looking through there are some novels on sale for an alright price.

only anime that stuck out to me was toradora for $60 https://www.rightstu...Toradora-Bundle

given NisA seems to be getting out of the anime game, it likely wouldn't be a bad idea to grab that if you want Toradora.

most things seem to be just 50% off (including the toradora set) which seems to be a standard amount off whenever funimation stuff goes on sale anymore.

there just isn't much exciting about that as it's the usual discount you see on stuff.

#57 Tweeg  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Well, I for one was super disappointed when NISA opted to not put any of their anime on sale during their own annual Cyber Monday sale last week. They've always had a title or two on sale during that sale ever since they started publishing anime, but not this year. In fact, i inventoried the titles they had available on the site just the week before their sale this year, and they actually have fewer titles available during the sale than, which makes me think they are using the likes of RightStuf and RACS to dump their inventory instead of doing it themselves for whatever reason.

Will still end up biting on a title direct from NISA as I've accumulated about $30 worth of loyalty rewards points from them this year, and it's in serious question if they will ever publish anymore physical Vita releases due to the massive blow struck to them last week by Spike Chunsoft.

#58 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Well, I for one was super disappointed when NISA opted to not put any of their anime on sale during their own annual Cyber Monday sale last week. They've always had a title or two on sale during that sale ever since they started publishing anime, but not this year. In fact, i inventoried the titles they had available on the site just the week before their sale this year, and they actually have fewer titles available during the sale than, which makes me think they are using the likes of RightStuf and RACS to dump their inventory instead of doing it themselves for whatever reason.

Will still end up biting on a title direct from NISA as I've accumulated about $30 worth of loyalty rewards points from them this year, and it's in serious question if they will ever publish anymore physical Vita releases due to the massive blow struck to them last week by Spike Chunsoft.

At this point I am kind of just hoping that NisA will sell off their anime rights to funimation.

the main reason being of course that since funimation picked up the new season of card captors, it would be nice if the original series finally got a decent dub :P

#59 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Do preorders get discounted during the holiday sale? There are a few releases coming in 2018 I want but nothing much else.

#60 SPARDA3g   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SPARDA3g

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:30 AM

I believe so? I remember ordering Attack on Titan No Regrets hardcover, though I don’t know it’s because it was on sale. I think it’s more on the coupon to be honest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rightstuf, please good sale, anime, manga, blu-ray, dvd, more naughty stuff this year, outshined by Sentai sale, come on 2017, lots of lists