* * * * * 1 votes

6 months Xbox Live + Rocket League $24.99

#61 labrat34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

labrat34

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Not sure if I did something. I went in store and purchased a 3 month card for 24.99. The receipt has one code for another 3 months but no other code that I can see

#62 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I just got mine and only had one code on the receipt. Associate said the Rocket League promo was no longer valid.

#63 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1111 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

Worked for me in store. Got 9 months for 25. Thanks everyone

#64 burritodude17  

burritodude17

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Deal is dead

#65 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

Not sure if I did something. I went in store and purchased a 3 month card for 24.99. The receipt has one code for another 3 months but no other code that I can see

You should have gotten a second code right under the first. You grabbed the green card, right???

#66 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

Ugh. That sucks that they killed the promo before it was supposed to end...

#67 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Ugh. That sucks that they killed the promo before it was supposed to end...

Boo. Was on my way out to get it.

#68 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Damn, sorry you guys didn't get your second bonus codes. GS be sketchy as hell when it comes to holding up their end of deals.

#69 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Placed an on-line order and it was cancelled because of email issues? I got your confirmation email so what email issue are you referring to?

#70 Wrectifyy  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Damn, sorry you guys didn't get your second bonus codes. GS be sketchy as hell when it comes to holding up their end of deals.

I don’t think the deal was ever supposed to get 9 months for $25, so I don’t know that we can blame GS for fixing that. They do need to make sure they are supplying RL codes tho.

#71 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1080 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Same here, tried and no 2nd code...

#72 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Ordered last night from online. Got the 2nd 3 month code today, no sign of Rocket League as of yet.

#73 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

The Rocket League promo said “while supplies last” so I wonder if they ran out somehow.

#74 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

I don’t think the deal was ever supposed to get 9 months for $25, so I don’t know that we can blame GS for fixing that. They do need to make sure they are supplying RL codes tho.

The RL codes are what I was talking about. The couple posts above me said all they got was the 3-month code and that was it.

#75 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Ordered last night from online. Got the 2nd 3 month code today, no sign of Rocket League as of yet.

Hope you get it. My RL code showed up about 15 minutes after my 3-month code.

#76 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

I spoke with a Gamestop Manager, he said the fixed glitch in their system offering 2x 3 month code thing, so most likely you guys purchasing as late as i did will be getting 1 extra code. I'm considering checking the online purchase option to get rocket League and possibly a second xbox live code.

#77 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

I bought a 3 month XBL card at 5:11 pm EST in store. Got both of the bonus 3 month codes printed on bottom of receipt but no RL code. Said Fuck it let me grab another. The second XBL 3 month card I bought produced no bonus codes on the receipt at all this time. I had the GS employee scan my power up rewards membership both times so figured maybe it’s a 1 per customer type of deal. Not the case. Third attempt = no bonus codes even when not scanning power up rewards. On top of that I used 3 different credit cards, one for each transaction, just to be extra safe but still only resulted in my first transaction being successful. Was able to return both my 2nd & 3rd purchases even though the GS employee tried to deny me saying that DLC is not able to be returned. I simply stated that what I purchased was not as advertised & the XBL cards weren’t scratched/redeemed. He reluctantly obliged.

Not sure if the deal died literally the moment after I got in but it seems so.

Figured I share my story with my fellow CAGs.

Anyway, thanks OP, great deal.

#78 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

So I made a 4th call to GS to complain about the cust serv I received and a team lead/supervisor answered the call. After telling him about the service I received he placed the order for me and said I would be getting 2 - 3 month gold membership and the rocket league game.

I hope there are no problems getting them.

#79 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Just an FYI, the Rocket League deal ended yesterday 1/7 which is why nobody received it today.

#80 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

Today is 1/8

Nifty how this apprent “mistake” eal worked out to a year for $30 the old missed Black Friday staple just with hoops to jump through. Maybe certain people won’t trade their Xboxes in as soon, knowing how Crackdown 3 seems to be turning out

#81 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Today is 1/8

Nifty how this apprent “mistake” eal worked out to a year for $30 the old missed Black Friday staple just with hoops to jump through. Maybe certain people won’t trade their Xboxes in as soon, knowing how Crackdown 3 seems to be turning out

Sorry, I meant 1/7.

#82 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

Today is 1/8

The only thing I understood from all that was; "Today is 1/8", haha!

#83 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Anyone who has gotten their rocket league code after purchasing in the PM today, post. So we can know whether to partake or if this deal as iced over to 2 3 month XBLX for $25

#84 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Anyone who has gotten their rocket league code after purchasing in the PM today, post. So we can know whether to partake or if this deal as iced over to 2 3 month XBLX for $25

That's gonna be hard for someone to do as it usually takes at least 24 hours to get the code, unless you're talking about in-store, in which case it's been confirmed that the RL codes are dead and the 2nd free 3-month glitch was fixed as well.

#85 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1782 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

So glad I decided to stop at Gamstop before my 5PM appointment today instead of after.  I picked up 18 months Live around 4:30EST.  Looks like the deal died a little after 5PM EST, so I lucked out. 

Oddly enough, I did the auto-renew trick to get an extra month on the first card but it gave me two extra months for free.  Repeating the same process with the second card did not give me an extra month though, so I still ended up with 20-months total from this deal.  Could be due to the $1 month of Live I already have causing the 2nd 1-month bonus to not register.  My first card entered brought me from an expiration date of February 6 to July 6th, so 5 months.  Not sure what happened, but I will take it.

#86 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

So glad I decided to stop at Gamstop before my 5PM appointment today instead of after. I picked up 18 months Live around 4:30EST. Looks like the deal died a little after 5PM EST, so I lucked out.

Oddly enough, I did the auto-renew trick to get an extra month on the first card but it gave me two extra months for free. Repeating the same process with the second card did not give me an extra month though, so I still ended up with 20-months total from this deal. Could be due to the $1 month of Live I already have causing the 2nd 1-month bonus to not register. My first card entered brought me from an expiration date of February 6 to July 6th, so 5 months. Not sure what happened, but I will take it.

Ha, you're right. I didn't notice that the auto-renewal gave me two months, not just one, for a total of 8 months including the two 3-month subs.

#87 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:41 AM

That's gonna be hard for someone to do as it usually takes at least 24 hours to get the code, unless you're talking about in-store, in which case it's been confirmed that the RL codes are dead and the 2nd free 3-month glitch was fixed as well.

Real talk, the RL codes have been removed from their website now. its strictly 2x 3 months codes now. 

#88 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

I ordered yesterday, I better get my damn rocket league code

#89 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Picked up 9 months about around 3:00PM local time before it was shut down at/around 5:00PM. Was holding out for good deal and getting 9 months for $25 is a huge deal.

#90 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3123 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:36 AM

So many angry car soccer moms in here.

Fixed