* * - - - 5 votes

49" LG 4K with HDR $169 at Walmart

#31 merkman   Halo, Madden, Division. Uncharted. CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=627023362

#32 fortunado   Mathematical! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

Thanks merkman. Two near me, I may go take a look.

#33 merkman   Halo, Madden, Division. Uncharted. CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

I just got back. Two stores near me without driving more than a few miles.

The first was the larger of the two. Might have had an LG, but not the 49” that’s on sale. And while they had lots of other brands and sizes, nothing close to this deal.

Second is a slightly smaller store. Different floor plan, with TV’s in the middle. Less to choose from, and no LG’s at all.

There is a store a little further away, but it’s listed as having the set for $250, instead of the $169 these two *had* it for. And I don’t believe they’ll have any left, as it’s a higher traffic area.

Bottom line, no upgrade for me today.

#34 Bill Bonney   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Bill Bonney

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Mine has them in stock, but at 249... Probably still a good deal - especially since it’s actually available...

I would try anyways. They had the same TV at $249 on display at the front of the store, near electronics is where they had the clearance price. I imagine it would ring up at the lower price.

#35 Bill Bonney   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Bill Bonney

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Figures it’s in someplace where Hell has already frozen over. :)

It was over 40 degrees yesterday!

#36 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20318 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Quantity: -1Out of stock $169 *

#37 AnonAcorn  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

Literally every store in like a 100 mile radius is out of stock except one that is about 20 minutes away and says they have 3.......basically every other Brickseek related Walmart clearance I searched for has been a bust, so not sure if want to get dressed in the snow and ice to check....

I have the same problem with brickseek. This TV model is a BF model (49UJ62) the regular model is 49UJ63. Brickseek shows 3 Walmarts near me have this one at 169, but they only have the 63 model in stock, at 450. Brickseek shows no Walmarts in 150 miles have the 63. I think Walmart has figured out Brickseek and scrambled their data.

#38 Umgoblue2008   CAG in Training CAG in Training   4 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Umgoblue2008

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

I have the same problem with brickseek. This TV model is a BF model (49UJ62) the regular model is 49UJ63. Brickseek shows 3 Walmarts near me have this one at 169, but they only have the 63 model in stock, at 450. Brickseek shows no Walmarts in 150 miles have the 63. I think Walmart has figured out Brickseek and scrambled their data.

What motivation would Walmart have to scramble that data? If they have an item on clearance it means they want that stuff gone so its not taking up retail space.

#39 solidsnakealpha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

solidsnakealpha

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

This deal showed up on Slickdeals at $249 on December 28th. Most of Walmart's leftover stock was sold at $249.  I bought one on the 30th and am using it with my PS4 Pro.  After the firmware update and adjusting the settings, it looks great.  My living room is way too big for this size TV but it made a nice addition to the game room.  Congrats for the tiny handful of people who managed to get it for $169 or less.

#40 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

If you do any gaming in the dark be prepared to be disappointed with this TV. The majority of LG TV's use IPS screens which are awful in low light or dark as they have very poor contrast range. Most blacks will end up gray and colors tend to wash out. If you have it in a well lit area at all times it'll be fine though.

So I have this exact TV and never had that problem. Blacks are black, not grey. But your eyes may see it differently.

It's a great TV and a great value at less than $200.

#41 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Fair warning to anyone who plans on buying this or consolation to those who couldn't find it:  This has the worst contrast of any TV I have ever seen.  If you watch movies or play games in a dark room, you will not be able to make out any detail whatsoever in dark scenes.  I returned mine after days of messing with settings and failing to get an even decent picture.

#42 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Quantity: -1Out of stock $169 *

I went to the store to buy one and my TV was sitting on the shelf as open box.

#43 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Two in stock near me at $249 not the $169. I might have got one at that price. Need to upgrade my TV.

#44 merkman   Halo, Madden, Division. Uncharted. CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Anyone around Seattle finds one and doesn’t mind posting where you found it... I’d be interested. I’m actually to the south, but I’ll make a drive to get it at a heckl of a deal. All the Dell, Walmart, Best Buy, and Costco deals I see are $400+, even for smaller sets.

#45 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Non OLED LG sets are trash.

#46 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

That’s weird. The store that had 8 this morning at 249 just changed their price to 169 and only have 3 marked in stock - which probably means they have none on stock now. Fuck.

Oh well. More deals will come along.

#47 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hmm price updated at one store, so I ordered one for pick up.

#48 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Literally every store in like a 100 mile radius is out of stock except one that is about 20 minutes away and says they have 3.......basically every other Brickseek related Walmart clearance I searched for has been a bust, so not sure if want to get dressed in the snow and ice to check....

As a WM electronics employee who deals with flippers/resellers/deal hunters looking for things like this almost daily, just call. You’ll either get lucky and the store has some, in which case you might get an employee nice enough to hide one for you... or you’ll find out they don’t. Chances are the electronics associates there have been getting asked about it already and will know right away if they do or don’t.

Like yesterday, I literally dealt with four straight known resellers coming in wanting various phones, tablets, televisions, and laptops on clearance that they wanted to buy tax exempt. We didn’t have a single one of them in stock. Had they called, I could have saved them a drive.

Also, does anyone know if the 55/65” versions of these televisions are any good? I’m most concerned about the HDR and input lag. I guess I’ll research it. We got these in just to sell through, I’m sure they’ll go on clearance eventually, and we put one of each on display in front. So I’ll be marking those down soon enough.

#49 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

As a WM electronics employee who deals with flippers/resellers/deal hunters looking for things like this almost daily, just call. You’ll either get lucky and the store has some, in which case you might get an employee nice enough to hide one for you... or you’ll find out they don’t. Chances are the electronics associates there have been getting asked about it already and will know right away if they do or don’t.

Like yesterday, I literally dealt with four straight known resellers coming in wanting various phones, tablets, televisions, and laptops on clearance that they wanted to buy tax exempt. We didn’t have a single one of them in stock. Had they called, I could have saved them a drive.

Also, does anyone know if the 55/65” versions of these televisions are any good? I’m most concerned about the HDR and input lag. I guess I’ll research it. We got these in just to sell through, I’m sure they’ll go on clearance eventually, and we put one of each on display in front. So I’ll be marking those down soon enough.

Interesting insight.  On other deal sites, if anyone says "call" you'll get attacked!  They say that just triggers the employee to wondering if it is a really good deal and buying it for themselves to flip!

#50 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11218 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:17 AM

Checked the store, like I figured the guy laughed and said "Everyones been looking for that for the past week".

I give up on ever finding anything worthwhile at Walmart.

#51 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:31 AM

As a WM electronics employee who deals with flippers/resellers/deal hunters looking for things like this almost daily, just call.

I get what you're saying, but decent employees who actually want to help are not the norm, at least at the Wal-Mart's near me. I've been lied to enough times straight to the face by employees, both regular and management claiming they don't have items in stock, that I don't trust a word any of them say without looking myself. It's frustrating and I do appreciate all the genuinely helpful people like you out there.

#52 gd224  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:43 AM

Figures after I bought an off brand one at my local WM a few weeks ago this pops up.

Edit: It was this one: https://www.walmart....05CV-U/54947077

#53 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6551 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:02 AM

Figures after I bought an off brand one at my local WM a few weeks ago this pops up.

Edit: It was this one: https://www.walmart....05CV-U/54947077

I think you can return it if it's been less than 30 days.

#54 letskissthesky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

letskissthesky

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Checked the store, like I figured the guy laughed and said "Everyones been looking for that for the past week".

I give up on ever finding anything worthwhile at Walmart.

Yeah, I don't get how anyone finds anything worthwhile at their walmarts. I've been looking at brickseek deals for a while now here and there. I've literally never found a good deal at any store using brickseek. Even if it says they have something in stock, which 99% of the time they usually don't.

#55 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

Drove to Mt Vernon Oh for business. Stopped in store and saw the tv. Stood next to tv and asked an associate for a cart. Several minutes later another associate brought out a tv. I asked if there is a limit and bought two. $401 for 2 TVs and 3 year warranty for both. Needed a tv for office and guest bedroom. Thanks OP!!!

#56 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9863 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Fair warning to anyone who plans on buying this or consolation to those who couldn't find it: This has the worst contrast of any TV I have ever seen. If you watch movies or play games in a dark room, you will not be able to make out any detail whatsoever in dark scenes. I returned mine after days of messing with settings and failing to get an even decent picture.

What do you expect with a tv that’s this cheap, just because it says 4k it doesn’t make it good.

#57 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

What do you expect with a tv that’s this cheap, just because it says 4k it doesn’t make it good.

It's only this cheap and on clearance because the 2018 models are coming out. Stores clear last year's models to make room int he store for newer ones. The TV is normally $500.

#58 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:12 AM

You guys may want to wait until the Superbowl weekend deals start showing up. They usually coincide with the timeframe where most stores clear out older models, so you'll probably see more deals like this.

#59 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

I purchased a TV this size that has a significantly better contrast ratio for $200 2 years ago.  This wasn't a "lol 4K" purchase, but rather an attempt to get a TV with reportedly great input lag.  The picture quality was too bad to make it worthwhile.  IPS panels tend not to have as good of contrast as VA panels, but that knowledge did not prepare me for how truly bad this set is in a low light environment.

#60 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9863 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

If I wanted to be condescending I could have, I’m sure this tv is nothing to write home about. Great for a guest room or office as mentioned but not for anything else.