* * * * * 2 votes

$15 For 3 Months Of Xbox GOLD LIVE + 3 Months Free(Code emailed later)

#31 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

To be fair, all of these discounted Gold MS deals are ymmv. The $39.99 12 months was widely available for the last couple of weeks for many people's accounts. Now the $14.99 3 month deal looks to be taking its place. However, that doesn't mean some people won't have both offers on their account. So ymmv should be taken into consideration with all of these types of deals. 

not one post or pic of the $39.99 12 months deal..  NOT ONE. 

However I can see a previous subscriber being offered the $39.99 12month deal on their last month or so..  No doubt thats happening but thats NOT what this deal is about..  

Based on the posts in this thread, and the XBOX page itself this seems to be a deal anyone can get regardless if they have zero months of xbox LIVE Gold or 2-3 years stacked as several here have reported success with either status. 

As far as the ones NOT seeing it, seems more of a user error/issue  i.e. ctrl+F5 to clear browser cache.. 

#32 lockarm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

It tried everything you said OP, said $24.99. Even used the fresh (ctrl+f5), still $24.99. Not working for me.

#33 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

It tried everything you said OP, said $24.99. Even used the fresh (ctrl+f5), still $24.99. Not working for me.

Did you try a different browser/computer?    Some peeps reported same issue as you on computer then tried it on their celly and they saw the $14.99 price on there AFTER signing in at the $24.99 page. 

#34 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

Went from $25 to $15 after signing in. Gold expires this upcoming week. Thanks OP. PS Plus just expired too. On the hunt.

Edit: Used Chrome on Android

#35 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

1. Click link
2. Select green button
3. Log onto your Xbox live account
4. Select $24.99 3 month drop down
5. Let the crushing disappointment rain on you as it stays $24.99
6. Realize you have been duped by a ymmv targeted deal that should have been listed as such.

#36 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1695 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

1. Click link
2. Select green button
3. Log onto your Xbox live account
4. Select $24.99 3 month drop down
5. Let the crushing disappointment rain on you as it stays $24.99
6. Realize you have been duped by a ymmv targeted deal that should have been listed as such.

Actually it was showing up the other day for me, but just now tried it and it doesn't show up for $14.99.  You might have been getting it back then but the deal expired.  So maybe:

6. Realized you were too slow and missed the deal.

#37 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Actually it was showing up the other day for me, but just now tried it and it doesn't show up for $14.99.  You might have been getting it back then but the deal expired.  So maybe:

True that.  Then let's move this thread to dead deals since it dead, right?

This "deal" has been popping up on SlickDeals and Reddit for weeks and was never intended to work for everyone but for some reason, people still run to post it as an open deal.

#38 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

I attempted right when the deal was posted.........it was and still is $24.99 for me

#39 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

I attempted right when the deal was posted.........it was and still is $24.99 for me

Yep.

AKA, a targeted deal.

Just asking for a Your Mileage May Vary, I would have happily skipped this post.

#40 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Yep.

AKA, a targeted deal.

Just asking for a Your Mileage May Vary, I would have happily skipped this post.

Targeted to who tho? 

Users with xbox LIVE GOLD stacked for years got the deal as well as did users who had no xbox LIVE GOLD previously.. 

So if people currently having gold(for next 2 years) and users who did not have Gold ever(me) got the deal.. 

then who was it targed to?

not debating, genuinely curious as I am new to xbox.. 

and quite honestly have been hunting for the elusive 12 months for $40 deal for the last 2 months..

kinda getting tired of trolling, SD, Reddit, and CAG every morning and evening lookin for that deal..

oNe

#41 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1854 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Just subscribed but also noticed the extra 3 month offer is no longer listed. Anyone else still see it? Hope the offer is still valid.

Also noticed after subscribing, the $14.99 3 month price is still there and you can do it again. Usually, the offer disappears after you take advantage of it. Strange.

#42 f tankk  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

bastards retracted the offer. I tried it when I first saw this post 2 days ago and got the $14.99 offer with a free month of Game Pass. I got sidetracked, forgot till today, and now it says $24.99

#43 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

bastards retracted the offer. I tried it when I first saw this post 2 days ago and got the $14.99 offer with a free month of Game Pass. I got sidetracked, forgot till today, and now it says $24.99

Hmm, the way I read the post is bastard waits too long and misses the deal, then bitches about it.

#44 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Hmm, the way I read the post is bastard waits too long and misses the deal, then bitches about it.

no no no. bastard didn't wait, he forgot.

#45 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

anyone get the additional 3 month token yet? 

How's that work,  i.e. where exactly will we receive it? 

my 3 months for $15 is coming to an end soon...

oNe

#46 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Haven't got anything yet

#47 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

Nothing here either.

#48 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

ok, did some additional digging and it appears that we're sposed to get it on 3/15/18

Seems to check out as have that date scrawled on my notepad but didn't know what it was referring to until just now. 

NOW that I think about it, I do remember the website disclaimer mentioning something about 3/15/18, I believe it said you should receive the token by 3/15... 

SO mark them calendars, looks like we should get them in about 3 days? 

oNe

#49 Phizzle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

I haven't received anything

#50 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:54 AM

Nothing for me either. I thought I had screen capped the offer for proof later but it looks like I didn’t. I hope this isn’t a huge pain in the butt to get the extra 3 months.

#51 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7822 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

honor what? 
and what dashboard are you referring to? 
I am on the hunt for the 1yr for $40 deal..

please advise!

oNe

p.s.  any tips or ideas on those $40 xbox LIVE GOLD deals that pop up on the TRADES forum here and there?   aka are they legit and how are they constantly selling em for $40?

At least one CAG is advertising 1 year XBL for $42 right now in trading forum. In case you were in need & didn't care about the $2 extra. The person has good rep with lots of feedback if I'm not mistaken. Dont have time to get a link for you, but it's listed in his thread title. Hope that helps.

#52 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

At least one CAG is advertising 1 year XBL for $42 right now in trading forum. In case you were in need & didn't care about the $2 extra. The person has good rep with lots of feedback if I'm not mistaken. Dont have time to get a link for you, but it's listed in his thread title. Hope that helps.

ahhh you must mean the Aussie feller.. 

he does have good feedback, but since he's in the down under land and I'm in the states, I thought it best not to get mixed up with him.. 

but after my 6 months of LIVE GOLD for $14.99 is up I may have to....

#53 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

FYI:  To obtain your additional 3 month token 

please visit the Official Microsoft thread on this issue and post 2 things. 

1. Where you purchased the promo from?  xbox.com  or xbox console

2. Date of Purchase

Within 24hrs you will receive the additional 3 months token!!

I just posted 19 hours ago(page 9 of the thread and saw that it came thru around 12am). 

Live GOLD TOKEN.PNG

HA, looks like we are allowed and can keep them for ourselves instead of "sharing" with a friend as the original promo worded it..

go get those Tokens fellers

oNe

#54 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

2. Date of Purchase

I just posted 19 hours ago(page 9 of the thread and saw that it came thru around 12am). 

attachicon.gifLive GOLD TOKEN.PNG

HA, looks like we are allowed and can keep them for ourselves instead of "sharing" with a friend as the original promo worded it..

oNe

Done. Thanks!

#55 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

damn, i can't remember if i did it on console or the website.

#56 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

damn, i can't remember if i did it on console or the website.

maybe throw in your order # which you can find on your account page and see if that helps? 

#57 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:00 PM

I posted on the website never got my code and support sure aint helping

#58 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Just got off the phone with with a manager with Xbox support well since I got the 3 months for 14.99 they said I won't Be receiving my other 3 code, remind not to buy promos from Xbox again

#59 WonkyToad   CAG-aholic CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Just got off the phone with with a manager with Xbox support well since I got the 3 months for 14.99 they said I won't Be receiving my other 3 code, remind not to buy promos from Xbox again

1. ^ WTF?!?!?!?! If you bought it as part of the deal, you should be getting the deal.

It's not "Oh, since we told you we would give you something later, but we are not going to now."

Its not like we are a construction contractor building a Trump structure.

2. Where did you get the info that we have to go to that site and give them this info?

I have nothing on my XBox and nothing in my emails. How were we expected to know this?

*temporary end of rant*

#60 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

2. Date of Purchase

Live GOLD TOKEN.PNG

oNe

Thanks for the info.  I was dreading having to fight with customer service about this.