XBL Gold $14.99 for 3 months or $9.99 for 3 months

RoxyWahine03

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If u r saving ur Microsoft Reward points for something else like Amazon GCs or Game Pass instead of getting free XBL Gold then Microsoft Store currently has 3 months on sale for $14.99 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-live-gold-membership-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k5zm/0002

TopCashBack currently has $5 cash back on 3 months XBL Gold, limit 5 purchases per month https://www.topcashback.com/microsoft-store/ so they'll be like $9.99 per 3 months... Yes, I know this isn't as great as the GameStop XBL Gold promo earlier this year but in case u missed out on that, u can get this =)

Lmk if anyone wants a TCB referral link XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a huge rip off.  Boggles my mind how cheapassgamers can buy a console and then a game and then pay extra to unlock content on the game they just bought all while paying for monthly internet.  Can you really be a cheapass if you are paying $40-$60 a year to play games online?  I know many of the users here look for deals for gold or PS+ but they never really get any cheaper than $40 or so.  I have only played online on Xbox with the free trials.  I did get a year of PS+ gifted to me but it ran out last month and I didn't renew it of course. 

I know M$ has like 28 million or so Gold members and Sony in the 30 somethings so that is like close to 4 billion dollars between the both of them estimating every sub at $60.  Estimating of course but it's a whole lot of money each company is making on something that was free until this gen with Sony. M$ got millions of people to pay them extra for something that should be free.  PC is still free and so is Nintendo but even they are going to start charging for online play in Sept.  It's getting to the point where companies should release 2 versions of the game if it features online multiplayer.  As it stands now, if a game has a single and MP mode, I will only be playing half of the game since the other half costs extra.  Makes no sense to me but again, there are MILLIONS of you okay with paying extra so I am screwed unless I play on PC.

Still a huge rip off. Boggles my mind how cheapassgamers can buy a console and then a game and then pay extra to unlock content on the game they just bought all while paying for monthly internet. Can you really be a cheapass if you are paying $40-$60 a year to play games online? I know many of the users here look for deals for gold or PS+ but they never really get any cheaper than $40 or so. I have only played online on Xbox with the free trials. I did get a year of PS+ gifted to me but it ran out last month and I didn't renew it of course.

I know M$ has like 28 million or so Gold members and Sony in the 30 somethings so that is like close to 4 billion dollars between the both of them estimating every sub at $60. Estimating of course but it's a whole lot of money each company is making on something that was free until this gen with Sony. M$ got millions of people to pay them extra for something that should be free. PC is still free and so is Nintendo but even they are going to start charging for online play in Sept. It's getting to the point where companies should release 2 versions of the game if it features online multiplayer. As it stands now, if a game has a single and MP mode, I will only be playing half of the game since the other half costs extra. Makes no sense to me but again, there are MILLIONS of you okay with paying extra so I am screwed unless I play on PC.
I think you're taking the CAG mantra to the extreme here considering the modern era of console gaming, but you do you, bud. Judgement-free zone. Enjoy your single player.

I do Gold for the free games. Don't really care for online gaming, and much of what I play doesn't have active servers anyway.

Still a huge rip off. Boggles my mind how cheapassgamers can buy a toilet and then pay a water bill and then pay extra for toilet paper. Can you really be a cheapass if you are paying $40-$60 a year to wipe?

Still a huge rip off. Boggles my mind how cheapassgamers can buy a toilet and then pay a water bill and then pay extra for toilet paper. Can you really be a cheapass if you are paying $40-$60 a year to wipe?
Don't be taken in by this nonsense, he's being paid off by Big Bidet.

I do Gold for the free games. Don't really care for online gaming, and much of what I play doesn't have active servers anyway.
How are the games free if you need to pay for Gold in order to be able to get them? Also, what happens to those games if you stop paying for Gold? I don't think you understand what free means.

How are the games free if you need to pay for Gold in order to be able to get them? Also, what happens to those games if you stop paying for Gold? I don't think you understand what free means.
Yes, the One-specific games would go away, but the 360 titles are yours forever ... at least so much as digital games can be "owned."

Still a huge rip off. Boggles my mind how cheapassgamers can buy a console and then a game and then pay extra to unlock content on the game they just bought all while paying for monthly internet. Can you really be a cheapass if you are paying $40-$60 a year to play games online? I know many of the users here look for deals for gold or PS+ but they never really get any cheaper than $40 or so. I have only played online on Xbox with the free trials. I did get a year of PS+ gifted to me but it ran out last month and I didn't renew it of course.

I know M$ has like 28 million or so Gold members and Sony in the 30 somethings so that is like close to 4 billion dollars between the both of them estimating every sub at $60. Estimating of course but it's a whole lot of money each company is making on something that was free until this gen with Sony. M$ got millions of people to pay them extra for something that should be free. PC is still free and so is Nintendo but even they are going to start charging for online play in Sept. It's getting to the point where companies should release 2 versions of the game if it features online multiplayer. As it stands now, if a game has a single and MP mode, I will only be playing half of the game since the other half costs extra. Makes no sense to me but again, there are MILLIONS of you okay with paying extra so I am screwed unless I play on PC.
I think Microsoft set this precedent of "hey, we can charge people just to play online." When Xbox Live Gold first started I didn't get any "free" games. At least we have that now. It sucks that we have to pay for online play, but if you want the ease of console play it's just something you have to pay.

Your only other option is to go PC. I thought this was great at first, but it turned out that a lot of games I wanted to play weren't optimized for PC, they were optimized for the consoles and were never properly patched to run well on PC. When I'm playing on PC there's always that voice in the back of my mind, "You should be getting 60 FPS with no stutters right now." If that happens on your console it's not your fault, but on PC there's always that nagging feeling you could change a setting or try something differently. So, because I want to spend all of my time playing a game and not trying to optimize it I pay $40 a year to play online and occasionally I get a "free" game.

Well the ability to own 24 random games and rent an additional 24 helps offset the $45-$60.

Yes, the One-specific games would go away, but the 360 titles are yours forever ... at least so much as digital games can be "owned."
i think that may have changed ever since the xbox game pass came around since any 360 games you download through the game pass resort to unplayable after your game pass trial ends. I think the 360 games you get through GWG become unplayable once your gold runs out now.

I could be wrong but Ive heard stories.

Some people don't think that $45 a year makes a difference in the grand scheme of things. Maybe you should change jobs, and don't have kids, or don't get married.

Ah yes, the old you must be poor defense.  Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't be paying to play online.  You do realize that $45 every year adds up right?  Many moons ago, I worked at an electronics store and many customers would buy a PS3 over a 360 after I told them PS3 had free online.  At that time, there weren't really any deals on Gold.  It was pretty much always $60 so over a 5 year span, that would be an extra $300 just to play a game online.  Even today if you find deals for $45 a year, over a 5 year span you have spent $225 to play online.  That is the cost of an Xbox One S.  I get the discounts of Gold and that they include some games for you to use as long as you keep paying them and that is fine.  All companies should adopt Sony of last gen; keep online play free and charge customers extra if they want to rent games and get discounts.

some people, like myself sign up for gold solely for the discounts and free games / rentals. I mainly play single player . Id say i may play a game online with others maybe 1 month of the year if I add days up.

some people, like myself sign up for gold solely for the discounts and free games / rentals. I mainly play single player . Id say i may play a game online with others maybe 1 month of the year if I add days up.
Same here. I don't play online that much anymore....but the "free" games an discounts makes it worth $5/month

Ah yes, the old you must be poor defense. Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't be paying to play online. You do realize that $45 every year adds up right? Many moons ago, I worked at an electronics store and many customers would buy a PS3 over a 360 after I told them PS3 had free online. At that time, there weren't really any deals on Gold. It was pretty much always $60 so over a 5 year span, that would be an extra $300 just to play a game online. Even today if you find deals for $45 a year, over a 5 year span you have spent $225 to play online. That is the cost of an Xbox One S. I get the discounts of Gold and that they include some games for you to use as long as you keep paying them and that is fine. All companies should adopt Sony of last gen; keep online play free and charge customers extra if they want to rent games and get discounts.
I agree with you. I don't like paying for online, but clearly most people are OK with it, so who are you hoping to convince? They were willing to pay for online back when it only let you play online, and when watching Netflix on your Xbox still required XBL membership. Now that it comes with "free" games, people are even more willing to pay.

PC gaming is cool but what works for me personally is mobile gaming. It boggles my mind that I can get console-quality games for 99 cents. I actually feel like I'm ripping off the companies that make these games! So instead of paying $40 to play online on consoles, that's 40 new games on my tablet, which I can play in bed or on the potty, and no lengthy download or install times either.

You pay for gold for the free games?
You know what he means. I hate when people say “they’re not free games”, it’s been said. It’s just easier so say than. “I subscribe to gold for the randomly selected monthly games at no additional cost.”

Sure they’re not free, but if you’re paying for gold, like most people (except an obvious very few) have always been anyways, it sure seems that way.

You have to pay for any service you use. Compared to a lot of them Xbox live is a pretty good deal. I have to pay $124 every three months just to have my trash picked up. You think WM is dropping free games at the curb? Entitlement best describes your statement. You expect Microsoft to provide free servers for the 28 million people you mentioned?

You have to pay for any service you use. Compared to a lot of them Xbox live is a pretty good deal. I have to pay $124 every three months just to have my trash picked up. You think WM is dropping free games at the curb? Entitlement best describes your statement. You expect Microsoft to provide free servers for the 28 million people you mentioned?
holy shit, where do you live?? does a sexy, hot woman pick up your trash?

I pay $58 for both trash, recyclables every 3 months. I am in mIchigan.

I'm so sorry.
I actually love michigan. winter can be harsh somtimes, but I do like winter. great outdoors, nice cost of living, great housing, cheaper than national.

I don't regret a thing moving to Michigan 4 years ago.

for each their own, but for example, I would never, EVER live in trash California, not even if they pay me more than I earn here.

That is until they poison the water in your town. ;)

Paying for online on top of an ISP is something I've had to come to accept for online play on PS4 because the alternative is just not have a console. SP games have just stagnated for me and the only way to continue enjoying this hobby is some form of MP to keep things fresh. If I want a SP experience, chances are I'll just go back and play something old or else it has to be a game that truly has reinvigorated the series or genre to hold my attention.

It's still bullshit that we have to pay for online on consoles, but nobody is going to change a business model that supports their networks now. They'd have to either monetize elsewhere or shut down online play at this point. The free games were meant to appease people that opposed the service from the beginning because it's far more economical for them but they never had to in the first place (can thank Sony for the idea because M$ sure AF wasn't going to do fuck all ever).

I've played maybe two of the free monthly games they've offered over the maybe 4-5 years I've subbed, so for me it's a meaningless gesture. This is why people get so butthurt over the sub if they don't 'get their values worth this month' because they're in it for the wrong reasons. Ask yourself what value you get out of a sub and vote with your wallet from there. Crying about it shows that you've already voted, but wish things would change in your favor. I've been there and tried for years to vote with my wallet for change.

Unfortunately, my wallet isn't big enough.

Paying for online on top of an ISP is something I've had to come to accept for online play on PS4 because the alternative is just not have a console. SP games have just stagnated for me and the only way to continue enjoying this hobby is some form of MP to keep things fresh. If I want a SP experience, chances are I'll just go back and play something old or else it has to be a game that truly has reinvigorated the series or genre to hold my attention.

It's still bullshit that we have to pay for online on consoles, but nobody is going to change a business model that supports their networks now. They'd have to either monetize elsewhere or shut down online play at this point. The free games were meant to appease people that opposed the service from the beginning because it's far more economical for them but they never had to in the first place (can thank Sony for the idea because M$ sure AF wasn't going to do fuck all ever).

I've played maybe two of the free monthly games they've offered over the maybe 4-5 years I've subbed, so for me it's a meaningless gesture. This is why people get so butthurt over the sub if they don't 'get their values worth this month' because they're in it for the wrong reasons. Ask yourself what value you get out of a sub and vote with your wallet from there. Crying about it shows that you've already voted, but wish things would change in your favor. I've been there and tried for years to vote with my wallet for change.

I don't live in trash Flint man.

Flint had lead in the streets before it had lead in it's water.

The biggest ripoff is DLC, not an online subscription.

An online subscription is why XBL is easy-to-use, stable, and fast. PS3 online was a huge joke, and while it looked like PS4 online was headed in the right direction it is still a slow, unstable, complicated mess.

The money goes back into the infrastructure and is what keeps the experience so great.

I hope you’re a PC gamer, because if not I think you might be more of a cheapass than gamer...

LOL at trash California.  You must have visited Beaumont.  That place is awful. California has been described as having a little bit of every state inside it.  There is a reason it has the most songs about it and why a lot of people live or want to live here. A lot of people that bag on California have never even been here.  They are just extremely jealous.  I don't need to really defend California though so I will stop. 

Why is online play free on PC?  What are all these costs to have your game be online?  Why do you pay $60 or whatever for a PC game and then just play all the game modes at no extra charge?  Why is Call of Duty costing money from PS4 and Microsoft to play online while PC is free?  How am I able to play Mario Kart online with no extra charge? I know Nintendo is going to start charging in September but it will be the first time doing so.  I have read that Gold is the best experience but considering M$ was the first to charge for online, it better damn should have been the best online experience.  Microsoft fans seemed to be fine paying $60 a year to do something that was free everywhere else but they flipped out after the announcement that Xbox One was going to require online to play.  Gamers revolted and Microsoft changed it's stance.  Sony gamers always played online for free but a lot of them were all of a sudden fine paying $50 a year and then were okay with the increase to $60 a year. It remains to be seen with Nintendo gamers since it's cheaper at $19.99 but I am sure they will be mindless drones too and pay the $19.99 a year. 

It would be such a good bullet point and advantage if Nintendo remained free with online play.  They could advertise the heck out of that fact.  I know that my only option for free online is PC but again, why is it free on PC but costs extra on consoles?  Why the paywall?  Why is my $60 game more expensive on consoles over PC?

Ah yes, the old you must be poor defense. Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't be paying to play online. You do realize that $45 every year adds up right? Many moons ago, I worked at an electronics store and many customers would buy a PS3 over a 360 after I told them PS3 had free online. At that time, there weren't really any deals on Gold. It was pretty much always $60 so over a 5 year span, that would be an extra $300 just to play a game online. Even today if you find deals for $45 a year, over a 5 year span you have spent $225 to play online. That is the cost of an Xbox One S. I get the discounts of Gold and that they include some games for you to use as long as you keep paying them and that is fine. All companies should adopt Sony of last gen; keep online play free and charge customers extra if they want to rent games and get discounts.
I stopped reading when you said there weren't any deals on gold during the 360 early days (or implied as much). I never paid more than $30 on CAG for XBL gold when it was $50/yr, not $60. I haven't paid more than $35 (which is the high end of deals/trades, as my last 1 yr was $35 from Newegg sometime last year) since they raised the price to $60/yr, but carry on... I think you were trying to make a point or something.

Yeah that it's free on PC and there is no reason to even charge $30 to play online. Nintendo is going to start charging $19.99 in Sept to play online for the first time ever.  The cost of online should be in the price of the console or game you just bought.  Again, why is it free on PC?

I don't really need to defend myself for subscribing to Xbox Live Gold. I have my reasons. Most of the weekly sales require a subscription to get the discounts.

Beyond that, even if Games with Gold isn't technically free, paying $5 to $10 for Gold each month and getting four $20+ games (two of which are yours permanently) seems like a better deal than just paying for the games. Xbox Live Gold has been pretty cheap lately, so it's an even better deal.

I don't really need to defend myself for subscribing to Xbox Live Gold. I have my reasons. Most of the weekly sales require a subscription to get the discounts.

Beyond that, even if Games with Gold isn't technically free, paying $5 to $10 for Gold each month and getting four $20+ games (two of which are yours permanently) seems like a better deal than just paying for the games. Xbox Live Gold has been pretty cheap lately, so it's an even better deal.
I didn't know you actually got free games. Are they the 360 games? So this month, you get Brave and the Quantum game for free even if you don't renew Gold? If so, that's cool. Sony doesn't do that.

I didn't know you actually got free games. Are they the 360 games? So this month, you get Brave and the Quantum game for free even if you don't renew Gold? If so, that's cool. Sony doesn't do that.
Dude, we get it. You think it's dumb people buy Xbox live. I think it's dumb people buy Madden or call of duty. People think it's dumb I still collect Skylanders (yes, even still).

Maybe the question you should ask yourself is why out of 2 and a half years being a member here you decided to up your post count on this topic? Does the issue that you play online for free but others pay really effect you that much? Is it just a case of "I don't like something so, nobody should either"? You should take some time off, maybe unplug for a day and really look at why this bothers you so much.

Anyways, good luck on the self analysis. I hope you come across some insights.

And God bless.

I genuinely didn't know games with Gold gave you free games you can still play if you stop paying for Gold. I am assuming they are the 360 games but still, that's pretty cool.

As an ancient gamer, I really don't get why people go out of their way to get worked up over XBL\PS+. Pay, don't pay - it's your choice but many of us have watched the online services not exist to what we have now. I don't do multiplayer unless it's with peeps but I do pay for Gold on the off chance and do take advantage of deals.
Everyone has an opinion, tis true, nobody's is better than the other's

As an ancient gamer, I really don't get why people go out of their way to get worked up over XBL\PS+. Pay, don't pay - it's your choice but many of us have watched the online services not exist to what we have now. I don't do multiplayer unless it's with peeps but I do pay for Gold on the off chance and do take advantage of deals.
Everyone has an opinion, tis true, nobody's is better than the other's
This, don't f***king buy it and stop shiting on the thread. Plus you get 1 free month everytime you redeem a gold 3 month code when you turn on auto renewal.

I genuinely didn't know games with Gold gave you free games you can still play if you stop paying for Gold. I am assuming they are the 360 games but still, that's pretty cool.
Yep, where the Xbox 360 is concerned, once you buy a prize it's yours to keep. I don't know if this was intentional... I get the feeling that Microsoft didn't have any DRM in place to take the 360 games away once your subscription lapses. Nevertheless, a 360 game acquired through Games With Gold remains yours, unless your account is banned.

Yep, where the Xbox 360 is concerned, once you buy a prize it's yours to keep. I don't know if this was intentional... I get the feeling that Microsoft didn't have any DRM in place to take the 360 games away once your subscription lapses. Nevertheless, a 360 game acquired through Games With Gold remains yours, unless your account is banned.
I read somewhere that the way the licensing system works on the 360, there is no way to revoke a license when a sub expires without revamping the entire system.. I guess Microsoft crunched the numbers and figured it's cheaper to just let you own the games outright rather than redoing the system.

bread's done
Back