* * * * * 1 votes

Dollar Tree $1 Blu Ray's and Dvd's March 2018

#31 Tribblewars   CAGer CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Tribblewars

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

All I managed to find at three stores was Volume 1 and 3 of Digimon for my kid, Paper Towns Blu, and Joy on Blu. Gonna hit a few more up more tomorrow and I'll update if I find anything that's not Jillian Michaels workout DVDs or Charlie Countryman/Moonwalkers that my stores had plenty of.

#32 Zantra  

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:43 AM

My store had nothing. Might try a few others tomorrow, but I am guessing that all the good stuff is gone. Most stores have had these since Thursday or Friday of last week.

#33 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4416 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

I want to get the Twilight series, but haven't seen it in any of the dumps...

#34 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3280 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

picked up Paper towns, actually was a decent little movie.

#35 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1959 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

Got Milk on Blu (which netted Sean Penn a Best Actor Oscar), but all the rest were DVDs. 

#36 marcopolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

marcopolo

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

King of Comedy 30th anniv. on blu (de niro / scorsese)

#37 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

One of my local DTs got some new DVDs and Blu Rays. Mostly junk, but I noticed some Well Go USA DVDs if you're into Asian action flicks (Kung Fu Killer, Police Story: lockdown, Memories of the sword). Also saw some DC animated films: Batman/ Superman movie, something Justice League.

Picked up Kung Fu Killer (great Donnie Yen flick) and Wilfred (US version) season 2. They also had Wilfred Season 1.

#38 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:03 AM

Picked up Fargo, Romancing the Stone, and the original Robocop (with digital) on Blu-ray at the Dollar Tree today!

#39 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

My local DT got new stock today. Picked up All-Star Superman, Batman Bad Blood, The Batman Superman Movie, Justice League Bad Blood, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 3DBR + BR + DVD + expired UV. Also got a Curious George set and one of the older TMNT movies for my nephews.

#40 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

Picked up Robocop no code but unrated directors cut...I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

#41 Zantra  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

A new Dollar Tree Store opened in my town and they get new DVDs and Blu Rays every week instead of as a special thing every few months. It's a pretty limited selection, with only one or two copies of each, but I much prefer it to how it is at other stores. I have got a few decent and recent releases so far. Including the new-ish Jetsons movie from 2017 with the WWE wrestlers in it. Which comes with three classic Jetsons episodes as a special feature. I have also got some seasons of Power Rangers (Alien Rangers, and Mystic Force), which considering the low quality of the episodes on Netflix these are nicer to have, since Shout Factory did something that made them look better on DVD. Certain episodes of Mystic Force can be kind of wobbly on Netflix. Also got a DVD of "lost and uncensored" Carol Burnett episodes. They had many Blu Rays of films that I had no interest in, and some straight to Blu Ray sequels (Like Tekken 2, and The Woman in Black 2). I kind of prefer weekly new movies and books to the haphazard way that it was done before. Where books or DVDs would be a special thing.

#42 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

I stopped at mine today. They had some random ones thrown in the electronics shelf so I guess they were in store long enough to get out of the front basket.

There were two blu-rays. Joan Rivers special and some for Paris love film that was a bunch of shorts with a ton of actors and directors listed.

Quite a few random Yu-Gi-Oh. Season 2, Volume 1. Season 5, Volume 1. Some for set with a movie and a few eps. Some for spinoff (looking up online, Zexal I believe.)

I picked up Superman Unbound and The Super 6: The Series (1966 cartoon that ran for 20 episodes.)

They had a few others that were kids stuff.

#43 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Flyer in today's paper advertised a new shipment was in of Blus and DVDs. My local store had the display rack in the front stacked full. Looks like they pulled most from the Electronics section and put them up front too.

I picked up...

Son of Batman (DVD)

The Batman Superman Movie (DVD)

The Campaign (Blu+Digital HD) EDIT: Code worked

Bad Words (Blu/DVD/Digital HD) EDIT: Code didn't work.

Paranoia (Blu+Digital) EDIT: Code didn't work. Didn't expect it to.

Robocop (Blu/DVD/Digital HD) EDIT: Code worked

Pink Panther 2 (Blu+Bonus DVDs. One says 3 hours of Pink Panther cartoons, the other says it's Portable Copy)

The Phenom (Blu)

Not sure what codes will work. Almost positive Paranoia's won't work as it's by Relativity and they went bankrupt

There was a ton of other stuff. Off the top of my head

Red vs. Blu Season 10 (Blu) There were a ton of copies of this.

The Bounty Hunter (Blu) w/ Jennifer Aniston. There was one copy of this and it was marked PROMO.

The Secret Life of Mitty (Blu) This was in one of the older shipments.

The Power of Few (Blu) Think this was in a previous shipment too.

Drumline (Blu)

Kickboxer Vengeance (Blu). Bunch of these.

Super Mario Bros. Cartoon (DVD) This was one of those random episode bundles.

Batman cartoon (DVD) This was one of those 4 episode sets.

Digimon (DVD) Just a single DVD

A Bunch of Munsch (DVD) Complete series, 7 episodes.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Blu)

Indian Summers Season 1 (DVD) Some PBS show

At least another 20-30 titles between Blu and DVD.

#44 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8685 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

Flyer in today's paper advertised a new shipment was in of Blus and DVDs. My local store had the display rack in the front stacked full. Looks like they pulled most from the Electronics section and put them up front too.

I picked up...

Son of Batman (DVD)
The Batman Superman Movie (DVD)
The Campaign (Blu+Digital HD) EDIT: Code worked
Bad Words (Blu/DVD/Digital HD) EDIT: Code didn't work.
Paranoia (Blu+Digital) EDIT: Code didn't work. Didn't expect it to.
Robocop (Blu/DVD/Digital HD) EDIT: Code worked
Pink Panther 2 (Blu+Bonus DVDs. One says 3 hours of Pink Panther cartoons, the other says it's Portable Copy)
The Phenom (Blu)

Not sure what codes will work. Almost positive Paranoia's won't work as it's by Relativity and they went bankrupt

There was a ton of other stuff. Off the top of my head

Red vs. Blu Season 10 (Blu) There were a ton of copies of this.
The Bounty Hunter (Blu) w/ Jennifer Aniston. There was one copy of this and it was marked PROMO.
The Secret Life of Mitty (Blu) This was in one of the older shipments.
The Power of Few (Blu) Think this was in a previous shipment too.
Drumline (Blu)
Kickboxer Vengeance (Blu). Bunch of these.
Super Mario Bros. Cartoon (DVD) This was one of those random episode bundles.
Batman cartoon (DVD) This was one of those 4 episode sets.
Digimon (DVD) Just a single DVD
A Bunch of Munsch (DVD) Complete series, 7 episodes.
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Blu)
Indian Summers Season 1 (DVD) Some PBS show

At least another 20-30 titles between Blu and DVD.

Bad Words and Robocop if its the remake are also older shipment titles.

#45 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

Found the Yoga Hosers DVD (Kevin Smith fan here) when the wife and I stopped by yesterday.

#46 Danfosvltrdup  

Danfosvltrdup

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:33 AM

Да кинотеатр серый, сделан в Румынии.Купился на дешевую ценну. DVD код-2,Blu-Ray код-В. Но дело в том ,что аппарат выплевывает DVD диски даже не загрузив их. Что бы это значило?

#47 Imogenewap  

Imogenewap

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

Just a quick note to confirm that the Katyn Blu-ray is indeed framed at 16:9. English subtitles are available only on the feature, not the extras so no change from the DVD.

#48 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

There are reports of another round of $1 Blu-Rays at Dollar Tree again.  Haven't checked my local store yet but will try to get there tomorrow.

#49 Zantra  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:56 AM

There are reports of another round of $1 Blu-Rays at Dollar Tree again. Haven't checked my local store yet but will try to get there tomorrow.

I heard the same. But, my local store has DVDs and Blu Rays all year, so I usually don't notice. Let us know if you see anything good. My mom is recovering from surgery, so I haven't been able to leave the house.

#50 Puppet Master   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Puppet Master

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:03 AM

Went to two separate Dollar Trees found no DVDs/Blu rays period at one and the only the ones from the last set at the other.

#51 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:34 AM

I heard the same. But, my local store has DVDs and Blu Rays all year, so I usually don't notice. Let us know if you see anything good. My mom is recovering from surgery, so I haven't been able to leave the house.

Yeah, my closest store didn't have any Blu-Rays out yet; just some old DVDs from the last batch.

#52 Zantra  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

Dollar Tree released it's Black Friday ad this week, and while it is not in the ad, the employees at my local store said that they got in a bunch of new DVDs and Blu Rays for the sale. The stores will be open on Thanksgiving from 8am to 4pm. Then back open at 8am on Friday.

#53 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

Dollar Tree released it's Black Friday ad this week, and while it is not in the ad, the employees at my local store said that they got in a bunch of new DVDs and Blu Rays for the sale. The stores will be open on Thanksgiving from 8am to 4pm. Then back open at 8am on Friday.

MY local DT has a sign in the window saying it will be closed Thanksgiving.  Guess being open on Thursday is at the discretion of each store manager.

#54 Zantra  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:42 AM

MY local DT has a sign in the window saying it will be closed Thanksgiving. Guess being open on Thursday is at the discretion of each store manager.

I'm honestly surprised that ours will be open. I live in a college town, and all of the employees are students.

#55 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

One store near me didn't have any, while another had a makeshift tower of several boxes full. Picked up Justice League Flashpoint Paradox DVD, three nature BRs, and a dog-themed Christmas DVD for my nephew.

#56 Choscar92  

Choscar92

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

so i guess i can post a link until i post 3 times so sorry for the SPAM

#57 Choscar92  

Choscar92

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

so I went to my dollar tree yesterday and they had some really good stuff in there.

#58 Choscar92  

Choscar92

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

One more post [hopefully]

#59 Choscar92  

Choscar92

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

here is the link

https://imgur.com/i5eisPW