PS4 Pro - Star Wars Battlefront Edition - $348 Amazon Treasure Truck

PMed the HEB $299 Pro through Best Buy’s online chat a few days ago if people want a plain system. Check out the Target cartwheel thread for more info.

Thx homie, literally just got back to town from a camping trip when I saw this. Still smell like a camp fire lol. Yesterday we bought our first 4k TV so of course we had to upgrade our PS4. I even sunk a ball on their mini golf putting green and won a BOGO pizza at the Fired Pie. #awesomeday
527e467a5eb93c0741ad4dac733e668c.jpg

How do I do this?
I’m not sure it’s still on sale unfortunately. You would use a Texas zip code on the HEB site, confirm its $299 and then use the Best Buy chat link on their website to ask for a price match using the link and supplying the same zip you used. It appears it may be back to $399 but perhaps another CAG can confirm.

But it doesn't play 4K Blu-Rays :whistle2:(
I know, right?

Anyways, I actually think the Pro makes a great 1080p machine, I don't have a 4k TV but have been really digging the high frame rate modes in many games. I upgraded on a trade in deal a while back and haven't regretted it.

I know, right?

Anyways, I actually think the Pro makes a great 1080p machine, I don't have a 4k TV but have been really digging the high frame rate modes in many games. I upgraded on a trade in deal a while back and haven't regretted it.
And it also improve the PS VR.

Not so hot deal unless you missed the deal that Target had the same Battlefront II bundle with Cartwheel + Red Card which made it $322+tax for last 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I was ok paying a little bit more, I used my amazon card and got 5% cash back. Plus the experience was kinda fun.

Careful of this bundle.  The PS4s that were produced for it are known to have issues.  I bought this set and had the PS4 brick within 2 weeks of casual use.  This would be one of the reasons they are being sold at a discounted rate.  Other than the game sucking that is. 

Careful of this bundle. The PS4s that were produced for it are known to have issues. I bought this set and had the PS4 brick within 2 weeks of casual use. This would be one of the reasons they are being sold at a discounted rate. Other than the game sucking that is.
The game is one of the best multiplayer shooters and have great improvement on single player campaigns over the previous version.

Most hates are in the micro transaction loot box controversy and the grinding required to unlock characters if not paying. (This is very common in mobile games and after years of playing Warriors games, grinding to unlock something has already become a norm to me)

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful of this bundle. The PS4s that were produced for it are known to have issues. I bought this set and had the PS4 brick within 2 weeks of casual use. This would be one of the reasons they are being sold at a discounted rate. Other than the game sucking that is.
Can you post a link referencing the problems that are being reported? I have had this same bundle for a couple of months and I have experienced no issues. In fact, the general consensus I have read through all of the deals on this bundle is that this is one of the bundles you want to get right now because it has the newest PS4 revision that is quieter and runs cooler.

I would be really curious if you actually have a source reporting numerous problems, because I cannot find anything supporting your claim other than your system failed. Even the negative reviews on Amazon are mostly people who received damaged shipments or obvious returns. As far as I can find, there are no problems with this bundle beyond the normal rate of failure of other Pros.

The game is fun for sure, but I still prefer the first game since the SP campaigns do nothing for me and tend to be a chore to finish. The amount of grinding is ridiculous in the second game and I never even got rank 50 after two months of play when I finally got bored of it.

They designed it with cash shop in mind but even if it had that, the grind of virtual slot machine would have been awful. All in all, their progression system was absolute dogshit, period.

I am on the road right now to New Orleans. In about two weeks when I get back home I will provide my source, if I remember to do so. Though if I remember correctly they were primarily on the official ps/Sony forums/tech support. There was something about a short with the sshd power supply that was bricking the system. With mine it would constantly reset before the boot runs. I couldn’t even get it into safe mode before the reset.

bread's done
Back