Street Fighter The Board Game on Kickstarter! Amiibo sized miniatures!

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)

https://youtu.be/EDdwNHkiYuU

important size-comparison pic:

2f0766110385ba25fca33aff2baa2c61_original.jpg

It's expensive: $80 for meh base game, $140 for the real package including many awesome stretch goal bonuses and $240 for the insane, excessively large package.

Check out the page, fall in love with all the awesomeness, and buy the $140 level if you can.  It hit goal in about a day, almost double goal in 3 days (unlocking Guile, Blanka, and by tomorrow: E. Honda).  I'm happy with the amount of content provided so far, but I'm even more excited to see what/who else unlocks in the next 27 days.  Up next is Dhalsim, hopefully Cammy is in line after that, before Balrog...

This is going to be my first ever Kickstarter pledge, and at $140 + shipping (approx $20), it will be the most expensive board game I've ever purchased. 

I'm justifying it as a 65/35 split as a game/figures. These are Amiibo sized and comparable or better quality. (not to mention that Ryu's Amiibo doesn't have a fireball, so it was a hard pass for me)

This is the game co-created by Angry Joe that he's been mentioning for a long time now.  I know some CAGs may find that as a detractor, but he's never steered me wrong in a review, and has been a solid source of Youtube entertainment for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
SOOOOO MANY STRETCH GOOOOOOOOOOAAALSSS!!!

18 characters included as of now...should see 2 more secret ones added before it's over!

15cbf012c96b1c49b0657eff4a573704_original.jpg

That's pretty standard for a high quality board game. Putting it in perspective, the Dark Souls board game was £80 for base game and all stretch goals but are unpainted. Expansions were just £29 more, with free shipping. $140 is kind of a ripoff IMO; should have been closer to $80 - $100 for everything given they don't really give you much. Licensing fees probably got him is why.

I wasn't interested in this until I saw they'd be adding Q.
He's part of a $40 4-pack add-on. Definitely available to purchase. Word is that Cammy will be the next stretch goal revealed (working on unlocking Balrog currently)

The $140 price is easy to swallow now with just about 13 amiibo-sized high quality figured included with 600+ unique cards.

Is the board game fun?
Their focus was to keep gameplay easy to learn (5 minutes or less) and fun to play. Nothing convoluted. A dedicated 40-card deck for each character (no deck-building) and strategy is based on the cards you're holding/keeping in your hand that can be used together to form combos.

Also, the biggest draw for me is the 2-6 player game types: 1v1 2v2 3v3 2v2v2 1v3 (boss mode) and free-for-all.

Many of my favorite board games play best within a limited range (2 players or 4-5 w/6-7 if expansion is purchased). It's rare to see one game that plays good and differently to various group sizes

Behold the current plethora of awesomeness included at the $140 level with the stretch goals!:

15cbf012c96b1c49b0657eff4a573704_original.jpg

Hopefully this game is good. I've seen too many Kickstarters where a lot of stuff is there, but the game isn't quite all there. Will wait and see for sure, but that's a good bang for the dollars.

$2 Million! All Stretch Goals unlocked, even bonus secret ones! Final hour to get in on it.  Ends tonight at midnight central time.

Did any other CAGs buy in?  I can't be the only one...

I tried making it a CAGBag question on the CAGCast this week since it released on the final day of the campaign, but Cheapy ignored it.

Even came up with the perfect board game segment name: "Shipwreck's: Board This, Bitches"

So recently i got Game of Thrones for PC.
The game immediatley recognized that my system ran 5760 by 1080p.

Slight Problem with it though.
While running it, the game doesnt actually seem to fit on the screen.
I was wondering if there were any fixes out for it yet? and if so, where would i be able to gain access to such fixes

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: I would really like to buy myself a Ryu figurine, and the opposite one - Akuma. First of all, I love spontaneous attacks, and secondly, the characters are as cool as possible! It would have been one of those pleasant evenings. I love collecting. I'm still a fan of classic D&D, so I want to buy figures of a Wizard, Bard, Archer, Swordsman, etc. I read it once on dndguide.net that each of the players has a large number of branches. As I imagine how many rules have passed from D&D to WoW, I'm going crazy. You can list them endlessly.

bread's done
Back