- - - - -

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - $19.99/$15.99 at Best Buy

#31 Dbo2700  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

Played some during the free weekend last week to see if the game improved much since the beta, and it's still hot garbage. I still call this the worst AAA release of the current generation (yes, I know about Andromeda and Battlefront 2). Destructoid's review is spot on, the game is fucking bad. I wouldn't even recommend playing it if it was free.

Review for those curious https://www.destruct...ds-425478.phtml

This review is definitely extreme. It's been a year, I'm confident that those bugs have been addressed.

I would give it a 7.5. $25 is a good price for it after playing since Friday. Almost done taking over a second "area".

It does start doing the Assassin's Creed thing. Go to the next part of town, do these things to open map/missions, kill boss, move to next town. But, it's fun as hell.

With that, I caved and purchased it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#32 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3871 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

I played some over the Free weekend and it seemed fine. Exactly what I expected.
For me it just looked to ”grindy” for me to want to put too much time into right now. I’m more of a gun blazing type of guy so I’m not too big on stealth games that are that big of a time sink but if you’re looking for a stealth time sink it looks pretty good.

#33 gogomo  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

As someone who played this game on day one, that destructoid review is way too hostile and exaggerated.  Sounds like that person had a personal vendetta or had a bad day.

The game is fun with friends (though harder to do full stealth unless you're all communicating).  It's great solo (much easier to complete missions in stealth). 

My main complaint at the time was the horrible vehicular handling, but playing it again this past weekend, it seems like they had an update that fixed all that.  Flying choppers is much easier and more intuitive now.

Also tried some of the PvP this weekend, which was not available at launch, and I enjoyed it.  Reminded me a bit of Rainbow 6 Siege, but in a different environment (more open playing fields, more sniping options vs. confined interior arenas).